1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

Sibling Dynamics

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by genuinemommy, Aug 18, 2018.

1. genuinemommy

genuinemommy Moderator Staff Member

Do you have a sibling? Or many?
    How do you get along?
    Do you remember how well you got along when you were younger?

I see something in my children and it makes me smile. The older one is constantly aiming to prove herself bigger, better, smarter, stronger than the younger sister. And you know what? That younger sister just wants to make her big sister smile, laugh, and feel loved. That is all she aims for.

It is fascinating to see how this plays out, time after time throughout our days. I do wonder how they will get along when they are older.

It motivated me to find our more about others' relationships with their siblings.

2. rogue49

rogue49 Tech Kung Fu Artist Staff Member

My sister??
    Don’t get me started...

I’m going to have to wind up to the topic to elaborate.
    Let’s just say she and I are oil and water.

I’d help her out, no hesitation
    I don’t know if she’d help me out

I’ll come back to this later.
    Too much to write by mobile, I need a keyboard and monitor for this...

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Japchae

Japchae Very Tilted

My sister and I speak about once a year if we go down for Thanksgiving. We do not enjoy each other's company in the slightest. She's a bitch. And admits it and gives not a care about it. I won't compete with her anymore, and it pisses her off. I won't let her bully me, and it pisses her off. I'm content to live my life and let her be pissed off.

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. Lindy

Lindy Moderator Staff Member

I have two sisters and two brothers. I'm the oldest, with all that entails. We get along well most of the time. although my youngest sister regularly finds enlightenment of some sort. She then feels a compulsion to share it with the rest of the family.:rolleyes:
    Interestingly, the other four of us are all self-employed.:)

• Like Like x 2
  5. DamnitAll

DamnitAll Wait... what?

I have a sister six years my senior, and we have very little in common. As much as I openly accept and embrace this fact—I’m much happier being the way that I am than being in her shoes and acting accordingly—it still hurts to know and see how much better she seems to get along with, and connect more closely to, her sister in law (who is a lot more like her than I am) than she does with me.

Last edited: Aug 18, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1