1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

Food Sirloin Tip Roast on the grill. Nom nom nom nom w/pics.

Discussion in 'Tilted Food' started by Borla, Oct 3, 2011.

1. Leto

Leto Slightly Tilted

exquisite. I also have neighbours like yours. Often I arrive home from work to find an impromptu gathering on the boulevard at one house or another. Usually to shoot the breeze along with a glass of wine or beer. Yesterday there was some leaf raking going on and experimenting with lychee martinis. Yeah. Neighbours do affect your life/style. Anywhooo.... we tend to frequent a butcher within in walking distance (for local Danforth-ites this would be Royal Beef near Woodbine) who sells Tri-tip cuts of beef.

I have not found this cut at any other place in the city, except for once several years ago at a Dominion grocery. The story goes that it is a cut that is primarily exported to the US because it's so popular there. We only started to get it a few years back because a case of Mad Cow disease in Alberta put a ban on beef sales to the US.

Basically cooking the tri-tip like you just showed us creates a beautiful meal. I think I'll contribute a picture next time i do it.

2. Borla

Borla Moderator Staff Member

Please do. :) A good portion of the beet dishes I've made were inspired by posts, pictures, or articles found online.