1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

Space Zombies

Discussion in 'Tilted Art, Photography, Music & Literature' started by Jetée, May 28, 2012.

1. Jetée

Jetée Getting titled

What's Past is Prologue [* -]

So, this idea spawns from that generalised self-identifer:
    one of being a lazy, crazy, aggregating purveyor of all things specific, creative and spontaneous.
    It will be my BEST main repository for the following themes, and additional types of creatures of lore:

* - zombies (otherwise known as the 'walking dead', fleshbiters, or the infected)
    * - robots (whether the automaton is defined as killer or not is fine; also available: robo-mechas)
    * - spacemen (cosmonauts, and their un-cuddly creature counterparts, extraterrestrials)
    * - ninja (those black-cloaked mercenary agents of deception and technique; also available: the honorable samurai of feudal Japan)
    * - cowboys (those "gun-slinging", keyword, gallon-hat-wearing characters referring to the old Wild West)
    * - unicorns (the famed steed of peace)
    * - narwhals (the true sea sword warrior)
    * - Domo-kun (still the face and unofficial mascot of Japan; also available: his popular-rising buddy, the paper robot Danbo)
    * - munny (also can be referred to as 'dunny'; the blank dolls, produced by kidrobot)
    * - clowns (the happy-go-lucky-fright-stalkers of circuses and children's parties; their cousins: mimes)
    * - dinos (otherwise more formally known as 'dinosaurs', or terrible lizards; an addendum: Godzilla is now classified as such)
    * - muppets (The popular puppet characters created by Jim Henson; also available: the neighbors of Sesame Street and the critters of Fraggle Rock)​

* - my one adherent rule that I insist must be utilized (just for the sake of my perfectionism):
    for any thread participants, I ask that if you could, please, just make a small note at the top of each post that shows what you are featuring;
    it might seem redundant, but it helps allot this into this and those into that. Thank you.

In all likelihood, this topic may just be too nonsensical for some, and that may be why it might just be myself here, adding content for the next few pages, but still, I like order to everything, even my chaos.

While this OP will never be finished, I'll start afresh, nonetheless.

- - - - -
    spacemen + (webcomics)

[​IMG]
    HELLO! Follow Tom Gauld and subscribe to his ethos. (cartoons)​

Last edited: May 28, 2012
    • Like Like x 1
  2. I wish I had a jet pack.

3. Jetée

Jetée Getting titled

4. Jetée

Jetée Getting titled

spacemen + (amazing adverts! COMING SOON) + (cosplay)

[​IMG]
    EVERYBODY AMAZED! [* -] // Tom Corbett Space Cadet COSMIC VISION HELMET

-- to note: it took me nearly an hour to complete this (seemingly) simple post. I need clarity.

5. Jetée

Jetée Getting titled

zombies

[​IMG]
    A first look at Marvel’s ‘Zombie Christmas Carol’ - Debuted: June 2011.
    (Click image for more art and story) - cover art by M.W. Kaluta

6. Jetée

Jetée Getting titled

• Like Like x 2
  7. Jetée

Jetée Getting titled

zombies [* -]

[​IMG]
    It Is Happening.

In all seriousness: I don't really watch or read the news in a traditional sense, but I just let it come to me (horrible, horrible choice of words). I am a radio / podcast junkie, as well as an visual information collector, so it does have me a bit alarmed that the mainstream news media is picking up on this fear over the light shed on 4 (5?) separate East-coast United State'side stories centering around humans murdering other humans; sometimes disemboweling them, or killing them with no apparent foresight, then others that further begin to ingest their victims. I had recently saw a map of the supposed "zombie"-related attacks, (Miami, Baltimore, Boston, ___?, ___?) but people, please, these are still people - murdering other people. Maybe I'm being crazy in trying to shed a serious tone on this. Here is a link to a short and funny little rant, 'cause I'm too tired / distrustful to do it meself. Additionally, because I really do like a well put-together collective of information + visual, which equates to that map of supposed "outbreaks" I was speaking of earlier. (Infographic!)

tidbit of trivia: one of the cases, I believe, is actually related to a robbery at a medical facility. Supposedly, the criminals happened upon a big score of (___), thought it unbelievable, and am-scrayed with their stolen loot. Turns out, however, what they stole was equipment / paraphenelia that was infected with a flesh-eating bacteria, and so now, it would seem that the robbers are now itching 'cause of the bit.

Last edited: Jun 5, 2012
  8. Jetée

Jetée Getting titled

9. Jetée

Jetée Getting titled

robo-mecha + (fanservice!)

[​IMG]

as an aside: I heard (that) this film was a travesty of epic proportions - I am going to keep believing this, based on zero evidence (to the contrary).

10. Jetée

Jetée Getting titled

robots + (A-S-D)

[​IMG]
    Robot playing cards (Robocycle) designed by Duct Tape & Glitter.
    + bonus

[​IMG]

11. Jetée

Jetée Getting titled

12. Jetée

Jetée Getting titled

Planetary Phantasms [* -]

[​IMG]
    Corey Smith
    Obsolete Dreams, 2009-2010
    mixed media, on wood frame w/ matte resin finish
    3' x 4'

[comune.] + [kboo.fm]

Last edited: Jun 17, 2012
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Jetée

Jetée Getting titled

outpost ghost [* -]

[​IMG]
    Todd Proctor

- - - - -

-- notes to myself: is it possible this is a repost (ghost)?

14. Jetée

Jetée Getting titled

15. Jetée

Jetée Getting titled

16. Jetée

Jetée Getting titled

Last edited: Jun 21, 2012
  17. Jetée

Jetée Getting titled

• Like Like x 2
  18. Jetée

Jetée Getting titled