1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

Stained glass, anyone?

Discussion in 'Tilted Art, Photography, Music & Literature' started by Fraeia, May 28, 2013.

1. Fraeia

Fraeia Getting Tilted

One of my passions is stained glass, and I was just wondering if anyone else here has ever worked with glass, or just simply appreciates it :)

I've loved stained glass since I was tiny, and even before I got into actually working with glass (which wasn't that long ago, i'm still just a beginner) I used to model my watercolour paintings after stained glass pieces...

[​IMG]

But I finally started taking some stained glass classes, cleared away the laundry/storage room to make it my art room, and acquired some of the essential equipment. I'm starting off with small pieces, and i'm going to see where it takes me.

Here is something I recently completed (i'm in love with blue and purple colour combinations)...

[​IMG]

I hope to get a lot better though. It's amazing the kind of work some people do. Here is a piece created by my friend/glass teacher...

[​IMG]

And finally, a couple pieces that caught my eye randomly while searching stained glass sites...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Feel free to add pieces that have caught your eye as well :)

• Like Like x 2
  2. Yes, I've done it, but it has been years. My fingers have finally healed. :D I'd love to take it back up but don't have the time. And then, just how much stained glass does one need hanging around? I made gifts for a while. Gave both mothers large parrots sitting in a bamboo ring. Very simple. A Christmas wreath and some other items. Somewhere I have a few boxes full of glass. Would need better/new tools to start again. But most of all time.