1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

Star Wars Episode VII: The Force Awakens

Discussion in 'Tilted Entertainment' started by Borla, Oct 30, 2012.

1. omega

omega Very Tilted

I'm not getting too excited. Got burned so badly by 1,2,and 3. But I'll definitely see it.

2. Levite

Levite Levitical Yet Funky

I'm doing my best to not be too excited. But I have to say, the trailer looks better by far than anything for the prequels. I was always skeptical about the prequels-- they never looked good, even in trailers and rumors beforehand.

3. MeltedMetalGlob

MeltedMetalGlob Resident Loser Donor

New Trailer Up!

• Like Like x 4
  4. CinnamonGirl

CinnamonGirl The Cheat is GROUNDED!

Welp, I got a bit teary. Well, the first time I squealed and jumped about in excitement, but then I teared up the second time.

Also, I still have goosebumps.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Borla

Borla Moderator Staff Member

The trailer looked promising. This is the first movie I've seriously looked forward to in a long time.

6. rogue49

rogue49 Tech Kung Fu Artist Staff Member

heh... @Borla started this thread 3 years ago...

Well, I'd say this franchise has its fans, doncha think? :D

I know I am.

7. redravin

redravin Cynical Optimist Donor

I'm in.

8. ASU2003

ASU2003 Very Tilted

I am trying to avoid seeing any of the trailers or hear anything about this movie before December 22nd (don't want to have to wait in line or see it in a crowded theater either).

It isn't easy. And I'm upset that the movie isn't even out and people are questioning if the black stormtrooper is just a politically correct part that Disney decided on to be more diverse. I just worry that I will be thinking of it when watching the movie instead of enjoying the story now.

9. ChrisJericho

ChrisJericho Careless whisper

I'm not a big Star Wars fan, but I thought in the prequel series the stormtroopers were revealed to be based off Jango Fett's genetic material. So that's a bit confusing.

[​IMG]

10. rogue49

hmm...methinks this movie "may" make money... :rolleyes:
    `Star Wars' Demand Crashes Websites in Global Rush for Tickets

The feeding frenzy begins...

I mean I'm a fan, no doubt and then some...but let's not get too outlandish...then again, this IS the internet & Star Wars
    Was the web big when the last 3 went out??
    2005 was "Revenge..." but I don't know if it was popular...1999 was "Phantom..." that was the last "craze" and the web hadn't gotten full speed yet.

11. Baraka_Guru

Baraka_Guru Möderätor Staff Member

"After the failed uprising on Kamino in 12 BBY, Emperor Palpatine came to the conclusion that an army of clone soldiers was far too susceptible to corruption. Thus, he expanded the Stormtrooper Corps to include clones that were created from a variety of genetic templates, effectively marginalizing Jango Fett's progeny into a minority status. In addition to the massive influx of new clone sources, the Corps began recruiting real Human beings to serve in the ranks as enlisted stormtroopers."

Stormtrooper - Wookieepedia, the Star Wars Wiki - Wikia

For reference, BBY stands for "before the Battle of Yavin," which was when the first Death Star was destroyed. So Stormtroopers were being cloned from various genetic sources in addition to being recruited for years before the events in Star Wars: Episode IV A New Hope.

• Like Like x 2
  12. ChrisJericho

ChrisJericho Careless whisper

I see. Well I hope they explain that in the upcoming movie since the clones were given so much screen time in the previous series and I'm sure I wasn't the only non-hardcore Star Wars viewer to assume that the stormtroopers were still Jango clones.

13. snowy

snowy so kawaii Staff Member

Chewie hasn't aged a day.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Chris Noyb

Chris Noyb Get in, buckle up, hang on, & be quiet.

Am I the only one surprised that SW movies are still popular?

Star Wars XXII: The Retaliation of the Rollators!

15. CinnamonGirl

CinnamonGirl The Cheat is GROUNDED!

I don't remember there being much web presence/hype for Attack of the Clones, but it should be noted that I was living on an island in the middle of the ocean at the time (and our movie theatre was the last one on the circuit, so we ended up renting it before it even got to our big screen.) I don't remember as much with Revenge, except that @ZombieSquirrel and I got to see it the night before because a friend of ours (well, a friend of hers who I knew) worked for Frito-Lay at the time and they had a company pre-screening and he invited us.

Now, Phantom Menace. Ohhh, Phantom Menace. There may not have been a big web presence, but the hype was strong. Our local newspaper did at least one front page article; and two, possibly more, "Lifestyle" spreads. My good friend stood in line for...I don't know how many hours...to buy tickets for our group. I fondly remember that he locked his keys in his car, and I got to leave school to take him the spare.

That was another thing that added to the hype for us—most of us were high school seniors, and we were the "good kids" with strict curfews who didn't miss school. Not only were we allowed to go to the midnight showing (a huge deal in itself), but we were allowed to sleep in and miss our first class the next day. I know that sounds kinda lame, but it was a very big deal to us at the time.

In related news, we bought our tickets today. My friend & I are discussing costumes and if we want to wear them.

• Like Like x 1
  16. rogue49

[​IMG]

Pretty much says it all for me... ;)

• Like Like x 3
  17. I forgot about that.

18. MeltedMetalGlob

MeltedMetalGlob Resident Loser Donor

The International Trailer just dropped!

• Like Like x 4
  19. MeltedMetalGlob