1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

Star Wars Episode VII: The Force Awakens

Discussion in 'Tilted Entertainment' started by Borla, Oct 30, 2012.

1. Baraka_Guru

Baraka_Guru Möderätor Staff Member

Oh, man.

Does this mean you didn't pay attention during the Battle of Hoth? Because if you didn't, then here:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WASr5-mS238

• Like Like x 2
  2. rezudo

rezudo Vertical

Last edited by a moderator: May 13, 2014
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Baraka_Guru

@rezudo

Unfortunately I can't watch that up here in Soviet Canuckistan. It's been blocked by a bunch of capitalist dogs.

"This video contains content from Turner 'Adultswim' and Turner, one or more of whom have blocked it in your country on copyright grounds."​

4. Speed_Gibson

Speed_Gibson Hacking the Gibson

That is one of those Star Wars Geek things the average person would not get. I qualify as "average person" in this instance as I had to look up the names on Wookieepedia and that name for the climactic battle in Episode 1 (Episode IV if you acknowledge the prequels) would have meant nothing to me as well.
    --- merged: May 6, 2014 at 5:42 PM ---
    Hide My Ass! -
    I use it to watch programs on the BBC website as it works wonderfully when you live in England according to your IP Address.

Last edited by a moderator: May 13, 2014
    • Like Like x 1
  5. MeltedMetalGlob

MeltedMetalGlob Resident Loser Donor

Last edited: Aug 25, 2018
    • Like Like x 4
  6. Charlatan

Charlatan sous les pavés, la plage

Ugh...

• Like Like x 2
  7. Fremen

Fremen Allright, who stole my mustache?

This is making me feel a lot better about the movie.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Indigo Kid

Indigo Kid Getting Tilted

True, oh so true....
    --- merged: Jun 2, 2014 at 6:17 PM ---
    Hi Pan...glad you are still around. It's been a while but I hope you are doing well and healthy once more.
    Indigo Kis (used to be hunnychile)

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 9, 2014
  9. MeltedMetalGlob

• Like Like x 4
  10. fresnelly

fresnelly Getting Tilted

The prequels broke the narcissistic relationship I had with Hollywood since childhood. Finally I realized that movies weren't being made for "me" and my expectations; that movies are strictly the property of their creators and I shouldn't base my own sense of well being on their success.

Michael Bay's Transformers are nothing like show I enjoyed as a kid and that's OK. They're not made for me. The Clone Wars TV series isn't interesting to me and that's OK too. I hope I'll enjoy the upcoming movies but more importantly I know now it won't tarnish the fun I had as a kid watching the original trilogy or the warm fuzzies I get today seeing a well detailed Millennium Falcon model or hearing the sounds of a light saber.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Charlatan

Charlatan sous les pavés, la plage

@Fresnelly, how reasoned and mature. Are you sure you are a fan of the original three Star Wars?

• Like Like x 1
  12. rogue49

rogue49 Tech Kung Fu Artist Staff Member

The Force is strong in this one... (puns are usually an indicator of the Darkside though ;) )

===========

Although, I've heard that Carrie Fisher's daughter is in it, playing a young Princess Leia in flashbacks.

13. Speed_Gibson

The Darkside does have cookies though, and just as important they allow or even encourage you to slaughter civilians and soldiers alike when the situation calls for it.

14. Tully Mars

Tully Mars Very Tilted

Just read an article stating Ford broke his leg on set shutting down the set for up to 8 weeks. Broken leg, 8 weeks. Guessing he's not doing his own stunts or at least isn't doing them anymore. Wonder what the insurance situation is for something like this. Does the studio carry some type of rider so if a major cast member gets sidelined they're covered for cost overruns? No idea what the cost would be but shutting down production for nearly two months doesn't sound cheap.

15. Baraka_Guru

They can make up for lost time. Dude pilots the ship that made the Kessel Run in less than twelve parsecs.

• Like Like x 2
  16. Tully Mars

Tully Mars Very Tilted

Yeah, well what if the flying monkeys blow up the earth and the Knights who say Ni are the last ones to realize even if you get to fly home on giant eagles there's still only one ring. That would mean only Frank Drebin heard OJ do it, right? Would completely explain the Simpson DNA in the J.R. shooting.

• Like Like x 2
  17. MeltedMetalGlob

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 5
  18. Speed_Gibson

There are days I think you forget to take your meds. Feel free to continue doing so. ;)

• Like Like x 4
  19. rogue49

rogue49 Tech Kung Fu Artist Staff Member

[​IMG]

Ok, that's just too fuckin' funny :D

• Like Like x 1
  20. MeltedMetalGlob

• Like Like x 2