1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

Star Wars Episode VII: The Force Awakens

Discussion in 'Tilted Entertainment' started by Borla, Oct 30, 2012.

1. MeltedMetalGlob

MeltedMetalGlob Resident Loser Donor

Last edited: Aug 25, 2018
    • Like Like x 5
  2. Levite

Levite Levitical Yet Funky

It definitely could've been worse. I'm just hoping it doesn't effectively turn out to be "The Force Awakens, Hits The Snooze Button, And Makes A Mental Note To Reschedule Its Nine O'Clock"

• Like Like x 1
  3. Baraka_Guru

Baraka_Guru Möderätor Staff Member

4. Fremen

Fremen Allright, who stole my mustache?

• Like Like x 1
  5. rogue49

rogue49 Tech Kung Fu Artist Staff Member

The new title, "The Force Awakens" gave me shivers. :D

• Like Like x 1
  6. spindles

spindles Very Tilted

The Disney logo at the beginning just looks so out of place.

7. Borla

Borla Moderator Staff Member

8. Speed_Gibson

Speed_Gibson Hacking the Gibson

• Like Like x 1
  9. Baraka_Guru

Baraka_Guru Möderätor Staff Member

• Like Like x 3
  10. redravin

redravin Cynical Optimist Donor

Can I say one thing:
    A light saber with a fucking guard!

I've been saying for years that sabers have guard and someone finally listened.
    It's the wrong kind but I'll take what I can get.

• Like Like x 1
  11. omega

omega Very Tilted

I never pictured Tracey Morgan as a storm trooper. The x-wings and the Millennium falcon looked cool though.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Borla

Borla Moderator Staff Member

This came out roughly 12 hours after the trailer hit:

:D

13. Speed_Gibson

Speed_Gibson Hacking the Gibson

These just might help erase the awful stink those prequels left if they are anywhere near as good as these trailers look.
    From everything I have seen so far J.J. Abrams has done good television series and awful movies, hopefully these will be the exception and not a repeat of the Star Trek film that easily replaced ST V as the "worst Trek film".

14. Charlatan

Charlatan sous les pavés, la plage

Good news!

The promo a few posts up is not Official! It had me worried.

The Official Teaser Trailer ™is looking pretty good. Two notes:

1) That light sabre looks cool, but isn't really practical (you'll poke your eye out kid!)
    2) If this is supposed to be 30 years on since the last film, things should look... different. From the storm trooper's armour and X-Wing fighters to that Padme look alike and the Tie Fighters, 30 years is a long time and I find it hard to believe fashion and technology have stagnated. This is a teaser, and they looking to hit all with the love of Star Wars in their lizard brain, so I am letting it slide as them presenting their bonafides. I just hope to see something new(er) in the film.

That aside, I have high hopes this these are the sequels we are looking for.

15. redravin

In this day and age it is pretty amazing to me that people would freak out about a black storm trooper but I guess some douchenozzles have been up in arms about the idea.
    John Boyega has handled it great class saying, get used to it.

Star Wars: The Force Awakens Star John Boyega Dismissed Critics Of Black Stormtroopers The Way They Should Be Dismissed | The Mary Sue

16. Charlatan

If complaining about a Black Stormtrooper is what is occupying these people, they have too much fucking time on their hands.

Seriously.

(and this from someone who is commenting on a light sabre)

• Like Like x 1
  17. POPEYE

POPEYE Very Tilted

I happen to enjoy the story and concepts, been a SW fan all my life. My Dad to all of us to the drive in when it first premiered some time ago in a galaxy far far away

18. rogue49

rogue49 Tech Kung Fu Artist Staff Member

I remember seeing the original 25 times in the movie theaters with the first release. (no such thing as VCRs and Cable back then...at least for me)
    Yes, it was so popular...they released it again some months later.

The only one I can't sit through is Episode I. (and it's not Jar Jar Binks...it's that whole, kid Anakin Skywalker somehow randomly destroys the badguy trade federation's spacestation...and the droid army)

Can't wait until this one though...no flashback...the story goes on.
    That and movies lately have finally "gotten it" though...so it shouldn't be bad. (believe it or not, I think the cartoons helped flesh it out...shows what works, what doesn't)

Last edited: Dec 1, 2014
  19. Charlatan

If you guys haven't seen John Boyega in Attack the Block... Stop what you are doing right now and get on that shit.

• Like Like x 1
  20. redravin