1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

Star Wars Episode VII: The Force Awakens

Discussion in 'Tilted Entertainment' started by Borla, Oct 30, 2012.

1. Baraka_Guru

Baraka_Guru Möderätor Staff Member

2. MeltedMetalGlob

MeltedMetalGlob Resident Loser Donor

Last edited: Aug 25, 2018
    • Like Like x 4
  3. Speed_Gibson

Speed_Gibson Hacking the Gibson

I had managed to forget about that epically stupid "Nooooo" scream in the butchered "fixed" version of Episode 3.
    Ugh, now I remember the even worse part at the the end where they made the ghost Anakin the younger whiny bitch version instead of the badass adult behind the suit.

Last edited: Dec 9, 2014
  4. MeltedMetalGlob

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  5. MeltedMetalGlob

• Like Like x 2
  6. Borla

Borla Moderator Staff Member

When Episode I came out I went to the theater early to buy opening night tickets. This was before Fandango and such, and the best theater around (45-50 minutes from where we lived) didn't have a long line of campers. So I went after work the day they went on sale for the midnight showing on the Tuesday night the movie opened. In the parking lot I saw the wife of a friend of mine. She suggested we get tickets for the same showing and that they would let us crash at their place after so I wouldn't have to drive 50 minutes home from the movie at 2-3am and then drive an hour back the same direction at 6am to go to work. So that's what we did, went to the movie with them and crashed at their house that night. They had a babysitter for their two boys, one who was 4-5 and one that was a baby still.

I just bumped into that 'baby' this week. He is almost 16. I feel so old.

• Like Like x 2
  7. MeltedMetalGlob

• Like Like x 3
  8. KirStang

KirStang Something Patriotic.

9. Baraka_Guru

• Like Like x 2
  10. rogue49

rogue49 Tech Kung Fu Artist Staff Member

Does it mean anything that this thread was opened in 2012? :p

• Like Like x 1
  11. Baraka_Guru

I'm not ashamed to admit that I cried a little bit when I watched this new teaser trailer.

/nerd

12. redravin

redravin Cynical Optimist Donor

Just amazing trailer.
    I am actually looking forward to this movie now.

13. Baraka_Guru

The one positive thing I found was that the special effects look off the motherfucking chain at a time when it's getting rarer to be truly wowed by visuals.

It now all comes down to art direction, and this shit looks like the real deal.

• Like Like x 2
  14. redux

redux Very Tilted

From the "Forums" tab, I saw this:

Latest: Star Wars Episode VII: The ...
    Zombie Squirrel

New title for the movie? :eek:

• Like Like x 2
  15. I'd watch it.

16. Speed_Gibson

Speed_Gibson Hacking the Gibson

Too much violence and bloodshed, had to scaled back for a friendlier rating from the MPAA.
    Apparently that scene where Luke finally snaps at his annoying co-worker with a pair of light scissors was too graphic.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Chris Noyb

Chris Noyb Get in, buckle up, hang on, & be quiet.

:p Grumpy geezer posting alert!!:p

The last SW movie I saw all the way through was the third one......and I don't even remember the title. IIRC I bought the 3 volume "Anniversary Edition" on VHS :)eek:) dirt cheap at a flea market.

IMO much of the CGI in many movies is overdone at the expense of an actual plot and real acting.

18. Ozmanitis

Ozmanitis Trust in your will and Hope will burn bright!

I've read the entire book series, And I've read the concept the Lucas wants the storyline to go for the series. (Yes, I'm one of those major geeks that waited for DAYS in line for tickets, But that's a tale for another post) So I have a pretty good idea of the plot. And it's looks REALLY close to the original idea. I'm psyched about it. And that BB-8 droid (The robot that's nothing more then a beach ball with a head) is an absolute mind blower. Everybody swore it was CGI until it took the stage at a con. how the hell does it work???

19. rogue49

rogue49 Tech Kung Fu Artist Staff Member

They may get this one right...