1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

Star Wars: The Old Republic - Who's Addicted Yet?

Discussion in 'Tilted Entertainment' started by b2653009, Dec 16, 2011.

1. Baraka_Guru

Baraka_Guru Möderätor Staff Member

I read somewhere that it's 40.

2. Fremen

Fremen Allright, who stole my mustache?

Wow! That seems extreme.

What's the most you guys have had on the other mmo's?

3. Baraka_Guru

I never usually go above 10. It's mostly for experimentation and seeing what you're missing out on. I usually play with two or three main characters once I find out what I like best.

4. Stan

Stan Resident Dumbass

2 that I play on WoW, a few others that I dinked with, didn't like, and deleted.

5. highjinx

highjinx "My phobia drowned while i was gettin' down."

ok, i made a inquisitor and named him Toneloc.
    --- merged: Jan 25, 2012 2:27 AM ---
    in wow it was a lot... like 50 between all servers i think. it's probably at least half that for this game.

6. b2653009 Slightly Tilted

Hey guys. Sorry about leaving you all in the dark there. I ran into some account problems, and won't get access back to it until February sometime. Yaaaaay. -_-
    I'll keep you posted on the issue.

In the meantime, lets plan the days we would like to play together during the week. Lets start with a few questions:

Are we all in EST timezone? If not, say which you are in.

Let's try to play 2-3 times a week, including one weekend day. Or is that too much? Would you prefer 1x a week? State your preference

Which days of the week are you most likely available to schedule some playtime. I think scheduling will be better off for ourselves.

What time are you best available?

For how many hours do you want to play at a time?

We'll make up a game time schedule shortly around your answers :)

7. highjinx

i'm in california and work 8-5 full time, but live close to work so can be on ~5 or 530 weekdays. weekends are random.

yikes, not an auspicious start for a new game. watch out for those ban hammers haha.

8. Baraka_Guru

My weekdays are sometime between 8 or 9 to about 11 or so. On certain weeks, however, I might not be able to get on until later because of freelance work. (All of this is EST, so 8 is 5 Cali time, and 11 is 8.)

Weekends are generally open, but certain plans will crop up.

I don't think a set schedule will work for me. It might be a matter of organizing playtime week to week or day to day. Most days, I should be available to at least play an hour or two. It's all about getting the slot of time when we can be on.

Of course, we're not all going to be able to play at once all the time, but if we can get two on at a time, at least that's better than nothing.

Also, highjinx : I pm'd you in game with my new character, Landarch, but you didn't reply. So add me to your friend list for Toneloc.

9. highjinx

will do when i get home.

10. highjinx

ok, i added landarch and will keep an eye out for you on my guys. it's hard because the chat window isn't up during cutscenes iirc and any pm can be buried when you get out, but im hoping we can do some questing tonite or tomorrow.

i went sorcerer/lightning and just hit 10/got to the fleet so ill be on dromund kaas in the near future.

11. b2653009 Slightly Tilted

Little update: I'm part of a rather well-known guild on the Ebon Hawk server: The Dark Defenders
    The game goes free to play tomorrow, so if anyone here still plays, PM me and lets kick butt! :D

12. Hyena

Hyena Vertical

Well, I decided to revisit TOR after it went ftp and I am kinda pissed. I was going to try to recruit some friends into the mmo world using the ftp Starwars, but blech.
    Usually on ftp, you can use the pay tokens for stuff like vanity/mounts and some extra content and toon slot unlocks. Nothing really essential to gameplay. But the SW guys decided that one actionbar is all you need and made extra action bars purchase items.
    So ftp people are stuck with 8 or so actions they can get to quickly. My main is a healer. I was going to jump in a flashpoint and heal. Nope. With my one bar people will die. No groups for me and not much soloing.
    I guess I shouldnt be complaining about a ftp game but not having quick access skills and items is silly.