1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

StarBucks CEO leading a political donation boycott until Washington get their act together

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by issmmm, Aug 25, 2011.

1. issmmm

issmmm Getting Tilted

I just saw this and thought it was fan-freakin-tastic
    http://www.facebook.com/UpwardSpiral2011?sk=app_112409022192720

It seems some in corporate America will hold back their money until we get a long term solution to the debt situation.

Oh, and they're holding out on both parties
    Seems a bit pollyanna to me, but worth the try. It will be at least entertaining to watch the result

Thoughts?

2. Charlatan

Charlatan sous les pavés, la plage

Pollyanna? Definitely.

Worth giving it a shot because it could be effective? Definitely.

If you want to motivate a politician, hit them where they will feel it.

3. Zen

Zen Very Tilted

I think StarBucks will hit a home run for their company with this one. It is a 'rallying point' action.
    Pollyanna, but, due to scale, Pollyannazilla: A big statment against the 'game' which polititians, regardless of party, seem willing to play.

4. Fremen

Fremen Allright, who stole my mustache?

It's not enough.
    All current politicians need to be booted from office and new ones hired from either the chimpanzee house at the zoo, or an asylum somewhere.
    I think we'd have a better showing, then.

5. Plan9

Plan9 Rock 'n Roll

Wait, does this mean I'm going to have somebody else to vote for? Ya know, aside from my usual write-in: Ted Nugent.

/only partially joking

Schultz's letter may be a noble Captain Obvious, but it doesn't outrank the General Chaos that is our current government.