1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

Steve Jobs resigns

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Craven Morehead, Aug 24, 2011.

1. wolf Evil Grin

Apple stocks have fallen, people are predicting the demise of Apple without Jobs at the helm. We'll see, he'll still be involved like Tully said, so I'm sure they'll be fine.

2. Random McRandom

Random McRandom Starry Eyed

last I checked.. the chairman of the board usually has a pretty substantial say-so in the company's affairs.

3. Jove

Jove Slightly Tilted

People will still buy the iPhone 5 and the iPad 3 without Jobs being in charge of Apple.

4. Shagg

Shagg Vertical

I really want to see the stock split right now. I'd love to put some money into it, just not at the current price.

5. Frosstbyte

Frosstbyte Winter is coming

I think people forget that Jobs has been on extended medical leave for the better part of the last two years. Apple has been doing just fine (arguably thriving) while others have been essentially in charge. He's certainly an important figurehead there, and has really become linked with the company, but he's not doing it in a vacuum.

It's going to be several years before we're able to tell how much of Apple is, well, Apple, and how much of it was Jobs' manipulation/vision/iron-fisted rule/etc. Time will tell, but I'm not too worried about them being able to handle the transition.

6. Zen

Zen Very Tilted

Best wishes to him.

7. Daval

Daval Getting Tilted

i hope he pulls through his illnesses - he is a true visionary