1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

Stuart Smalley says:

Discussion in 'Tilted Life and Sexuality' started by DamnitAll, Sep 8, 2011.

1. Plan9

Plan9 Rock 'n Roll

I'm reaching my classy middle-aged house cat stride, folks. Evidence, you say?

- Did the dishes, sorted paperwork, setup "pods" of raw ingredients to make dinner for the next few meals
    - Expertly screwed the woman into a hot mess, then kicked her out the door to her pilates class
    - Picked up a bottle of cheap champagne to surprise her with when she gets back later
    - Performed routine vehicle maintenance, prepped for this prof. dev. this weekend
    - Swapped "war stories" like a boss with an old friend in a similar industry

Gold star for me.

I've eaten moldy stuff, stuff that was just killed and stuff out of garbage cans, but never a pair of boots.

Damn, Detroit has made you tough, girlfriend. You've been expertly hardened.

Last edited: Nov 5, 2013
    • Like Like x 1
  2. DamnitAll

DamnitAll Wait... what?

I think, and hope, my stinginess with power usage in the house is paying off. My electric bill was under $65 last month. I'm going to keep that going as long as I can.

Cha-CHING!

3. Lindy

Lindy Moderator Staff Member

I dragged Sig along when I went shopping for jeans at a great local Western Wear store called The Fort. At 5' 1" tall (155cm for you Canadians) and somewhat long waisted I can hardly ever find pants that aren't about a foot too long in the legs. The Fort had a whole table full of size 3S and 5S jeans that they were discontinuing. At 40% off, already. The best part was when Sig said that my butt made the jeans look great.:) Not the other way around.;)

• Like Like x 1
  4. Plan9

Plan9 Rock 'n Roll

I don't just have friends, I have people with connections. Today I made two phone calls that will effect me for the next couple decades and I feel great about the hands I'm in.

Last edited: Dec 17, 2013
  5. GeneticShift

GeneticShift Show me your everything is okay face.

I got super perler bead crafty tonight for my last few Christmas present accessories, and I'm proud of how they turned out, since I was making up most of the patterns as I went along.

A set of Adventure Time coasters or magnets (whatever she wants to use them as) for @damnitall (which @snowy will probably appreciate)

[​IMG]

A Homer Simpson

[​IMG]

And because I love him so, I had to include @plan9

ALL HAIL THE PARTY GOD.

(I'll give this to you soon)

[​IMG]

He's a little wonky and on drugs, but PARTY FOREVER.

• Like Like x 3
  6. Plan9

Plan9 Rock 'n Roll

Hah, melty bead crafts! I did that all the time as a kid.

SO FRIGGIN' AWESOME. I love the Party God, too.

You're so good to me, @GeneticShift. FEEL THE LUBB.

• Like Like x 2
  7. GeneticShift

I have titled it "Ultra-Deranged Party God goes into Anaphylactic Shock"

• Like Like x 1
  8. Plan9

Plan9 Rock 'n Roll

I will hug it and love it and call it George.

• Like Like x 1
  9. GeneticShift

Damn right.

10. snowy

snowy so kawaii Staff Member

OMG I LOVE THEM.

One of my favorite things is a Perler bead replica I made of Tumble, my cat.
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  11. GeneticShift

I'm feeling good about what I've done in the lab lately.

• Like Like x 3
  12. GeneticShift

We had a near perfect game in trivia tonight, and the highest score ever for our team. We ended up in a 3-way tie for first place and lost the tiebreaker, but I'm really proud of us!

• Like Like x 2
  13. snowy

snowy so kawaii Staff Member

I need a trivia break with book club. Maybe I'll suggest it. We love doing trivia, but we also like discussing books, and everyone has tight schedules, so we can only really get together one night a week for shenanigans.

My phone rang off the hook between yesterday and today, and most of my month is booked up with work. I have a feeling I'm getting called first now. I am ecstatic about that, since there will be a job opening up at the end of the year.

14. The Snow Ball (dance) of my last winter carnival as an undergrad, I got to play with the Jazz Lab Band again.
    On top of that, I got to play lead, and I managed to out-screech the original lead player on some notes.

Feels really, really good.

15. DamnitAll

DamnitAll Wait... what?

I went to see a movie by myself for the very first time in my life this evening... and I didn't die of shyness or self-consciousness!

Oh, and I rode my bike there, and the parking options were pretty shitty, but whatever.

• Like Like x 2
  16. Japchae

Japchae Very Tilted

I love going to the movies by myself.

17. DamnitAll

DamnitAll Wait... what?

I admit, I could easily see it growing on me.

18. Fremen

Fremen Allright, who stole my mustache?

I first went to the movies as a kid and watched Poltergeist. What was I thinking?!?
    I was still proud of myself, though.

19. The squeamish against super-nerdy Linux-y things might consider looking away.

I just wrote this one-liner:

Code:
    grep -E '^Mon*|35h|36h' data.txt | sed -r 's/^.+\| //g' | sed -r 's/ degrees C//g' | paste -d, - - - > data.csv
    which turned this:

Code:
    ...data data data...
    Mon Mar 10 02:50:06 EDT 2014
    ESM Frt I/O Temp | 31h | ok  | 12.0 | 28 degrees C
    ESM CPU 1 Temp   | 32h | ns  |  3.1 | No Reading
    ESM CPU 2 Temp   | 33h | ns  |  3.2 | No Reading
    ESM Riser Temp   | 34h | ok  | 16.0 | 35 degrees C
    ESM CPU 1 Temp   | 35h | ok  |  3.1 | 34 degrees C
    ESM CPU 2 Temp   | 36h | ok  |  3.2 | 33 degrees C
    BP Bottom Temp   | 03h | ok  | 15.1 | 29 degrees C
    BP Top Temp      | 02h | ok  | 15.1 | 29 degrees C
    Mon Mar 10 02:55:06 EDT 2014
    ESM Frt I/O Temp | 31h | ok  | 12.0 | 28 degrees C
    ESM CPU 1 Temp   | 32h | ns  |  3.1 | No Reading
    ESM CPU 2 Temp   | 33h | ns  |  3.2 | No Reading
    ESM Riser Temp   | 34h | ok  | 16.0 | 35 degrees C
    ESM CPU 1 Temp   | 35h | ok  |  3.1 | 38 degrees C
    ESM CPU 2 Temp   | 36h | ok  |  3.2 | 39 degrees C
    BP Bottom Temp   | 03h | ok  | 15.1 | 29 degrees C
    BP Top Temp      | 02h | ok  | 15.1 | 29 degrees C
    ...data data data...

into this:
    Code:
    ...data data data...
    Mon Mar 10 02:50:06 EDT 2014,34,33
    Mon Mar 10 02:55:06 EDT 2014,38,39
    ...data data data...

To you guys with more experience at this than me, this might seem kind of trivial. But for me, this is *awesome.*
    Also a much-needed ego boost.

Last edited: Mar 10, 2014
    • Like Like x 2
  20. I think I finally just found the source of my parasitic power draw on my vehicle. And I may or may not have fixed the source of said power draw using an Ethernet cable.
    (It's not as cool as you think.)

I also fixed my rear window washer, which is now functional for the first time in the 3 years since I've owned the vehicle.

• Like Like x 1