1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

Sugar

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by genuinemommy, Oct 16, 2014.

1. snowy

snowy so kawaii Staff Member

Want.

2. Chris Noyb

Chris Noyb Get in, buckle up, hang on, & be quiet.

I have a horrible sweet tooth. I must have real sugar in my coffee, and in hot tea. Sugar substitute is fine in cold tea, and I rarely drink sugared sodas.

I'll make a margarine & brown sugar sandwich if the sugar craving is strong enough.....or if I just want one ;).

Substituting fresh fruit is just OK. I do like fresh fruit, and I know that one of the important keys is allowing time for the 'natural' sugar to absorb in order to 'turn off' the craving.

Damn it, now I want something sweet!

3. fflowley

fflowley Don't just do something, stand there!

No but my wife recently found powdered peanut butter and uses it in smoothies for the kids. They seem to love it.

4. MeltedMetalGlob

MeltedMetalGlob Resident Loser Donor

(Yeah, felt like resurrecting an old thread)

I adore sugar, and eat way too much of it. The only thing I don't consume is soda, and haven't for almost 20 years. I've been trying to cut back over the past few months; my efforts could be considered as only partially successful: I've scaled back on desserts, and usually resist the urge to buy them when grocery shopping. However, if there's anything sweet in the house I'm an expert at finding it.

Case in point: It's been about a month since there's been any ice cream in the house, but I just found a tiny tub of cake frosting and... well, I hate to see it go to waste!

Relevant:
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. ASU2003

ASU2003 Very Tilted

I also don't drink pop, but I still eat too much sugar. And I have even cut back on the slushies and candy that I used to eat. And last year I cut down on high fructose corn syrup too.

6. Cayvmann

Cayvmann Very Tilted

I've been going keto. No sugar, with the exception of a few pieces on Xmas. I barely miss it now.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Charlatan

Charlatan sous les pavés, la plage

I have a sweet tooth.

I have been drastically cutting down on the sugars I consume since last June.

No sugar in my coffee. A big reduction in carbs in general (including beer). It sucks, but I have lost quite a bit of weight and it's staying off (so far).

• Like Like x 1
  8. Lindy

Lindy Moderator Staff Member

I hardly ever drink cola sodas, either diet or regular. I just don't care for the flavor. I'll drink ginger ale sometimes, or diet tonic water.
    I try to control my liking for fruit juices. Not totally successful at that.:oops:

• Like Like x 1
  9. Cayvmann

Cayvmann Very Tilted

10. Wildmermaid

Wildmermaid Very Tilted

I stopped drinking red bull and consuming caffeine in beverages in December. Fewer migraines (except ocular), shorter duration of them, and relief at not “needing” a daily Red Bull. I generally choose salty snacks but red licorice is a weakness. Also, tonight we shared a creamy tiramisu and that was a sweet I was glad to eat!

• Like Like x 1