1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

Food Super Bowl Munchies

Discussion in 'Tilted Food' started by snowy, Jan 29, 2014.

1. snowy

snowy so kawaii Staff Member

Today's to-dos:

1. Cook quart of black beans
    2. Cook quart of pinto beans
    3. Cook pint of brightstone beans (a delicious heirloom bean similar to pintos)
    4. Cook pint of navy beans

Go shopping for ingredients, as I need chocolate chips (cookies, brownies), canned salsa (refried beans), olives (Seven Layer), bread flour (cause I always need it), cornmeal (cornbread), green chiles (cornbread), jalapenos (chili), bell peppers (chili), carrots (black bean chili), and a sweet potato (black bean chili). I think that's about it--everything else I should have in the pantry.

2. hamsterball

hamsterball Seeking New Outlets

Mmmmmm. It's gonna be a fun time at the @snowy residence this Sunday. Best of success to you!

• Like Like x 1
  3. Baraka_Guru

Baraka_Guru Möderätor Staff Member

Here are a couple of hungry fans!

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
  4. snowy

I'd feed them. And it makes me SO HAPPY to see Patrick Stewart in a Russell Wilson jersey.

5. Fremen

Fremen Allright, who stole my mustache?

With all those beans, it's going to be a little smelly, too. ;)

6. Stan

Stan Resident Dumbass

With Denver in the game, it will be an awesome day to go skiing. 90mph down I-70 and a powder day at Vail. :D

• Like Like x 1
  7. snowy

People will be gone by then :p

• Like Like x 2
  8. hamsterball

But the melody will linger on...

9. snowy

Four-bean chili in the crockpot. Black bean sweet potato chili in the Dutch oven. Pretzels done. Brownies done. Still need to make cookies and Seven layer dip. That's pretty much it, though.

• Like Like x 2
  10. hamsterball

That just sound ridiculously awesome, @snowy! I've just gotten my chili made up and it's simmering away in the oven

11. snowy

Wow, I made a lot of food!

12. pig

pig Slightly Tilted Donor

Man, I'd love to nosh at your place snowy. I really hope we get in the kitchen at some point :D

13. Japchae

Japchae Very Tilted

OMG, the pizza tots were amazing!
    I couldn't find nitrate-free pepperoni in Bumfuck, Louisiana, so I had to use a tomato-basil chicken sausage... which was okay, because I prefer sausage to pepperoni on my pizza anyway. You'd probably not realize that they're not made with potatoes, but you'd never know it was cauliflower.
    My whole place smells like pizza. With some Muir Glen organic tomato-basil red sauce, they were crazy-good.
    Next time, I'll add some red pepper flakes and blow them out of the water.
    Pepperoni Pizza Tater Tots — A Girl Worth Saving

14. snowy

The Muir Glen sauce is amazeballs.

15. Charlatan

Charlatan sous les pavés, la plage

I have never been to, or hosted a Super Bowl Party. I once worked a bar during the Grey Cup.

The whole football thing escapes me.

16. Leto

Leto Slightly Tilted

yeah, I tried to explain the rules of football to my younger son yesterday - he was wondering why there was only a few minutes off the clock but it looked like everybody stopped playing. I explained about the strategic nature of the game and the offensive/defensive play setting and gaining forward momentum to the goal. Not like the other football (soccer) where everybody mills about the field kicking the ball around and nobody knows when the game ends, or even how long a game is - punctuated with some actual playmaking.

:)

• Like Like x 1
  17. Chris Noyb

Chris Noyb Get in, buckle up, hang on, & be quiet.

Very impressive spread!

We finished dinner just a little before kickoff. After the game my wife munched on queso & tortilla chips, I had venison & cheese summer sausage with some Keebler Buttercrisp crackers. Big whoop, eh?

18. hamsterball

Chili is even better on the second day...mmmmm. :)

• Like Like x 2
  19. Leto

Leto Slightly Tilted

in honour of the game, Our family consumed appetizers only: samosas, chicken wings, pad thai egg rolls, mini bacon quiche. I even cut up some celery & cucumbers and set out with some Kraft blue cheese dressing as dip (who was I kidding??)

Also, my dearest wife spent the afternoon preparing a batch of cupcakes that were decidedly 'American': bourbon (Jim Beam double aged black) vanilla chocolate chip with some pecan topped with bourbon (Jim Beam double aged black) infused vanilla frosting which was in turn topped with chocolate chips, pecans and drizzled with a bourbon (Jim Beam double aged black) & caramel reduction.

The bathroom scales were locked in the linen closet before the game started.

As far as the game goes, I think we saw all the possible ways to score points: single conversion (1 point) double conversion (2 points) Safety (2 points) field goal (3 points) & touchdown (6 points).

Now if this was a REAL football league ( :) ), there would have been an opportunity to witness a rouge:

In the CFL, a single (single point, or rouge), scoring one point, is awarded when the ball is kicked into the end zone by any legal means, other than a successful field goal, and the receiving team does not return, or kick, the ball out of its end zone. It is also a single if the kick travels through the end zone or goes out of bounds in the end zone without being touched, except on a kickoff. After conceding a single, the receiving team is awarded possession of the ball at the 35-yard line of its own end of the field.

20. Borla

Borla Moderator Staff Member

This year we are having a small SB party, about 10 people. We are doing a taco/nacho bar. I am probably going to smoke a pork butt, so people can have a traditional taco, or a pulled pork taco.

• Like Like x 1