1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

Tablet computers

Discussion in 'Tilted Gear' started by genuinemommy, Dec 28, 2017.

1. genuinemommy

genuinemommy Moderator Staff Member

Anyone want to troubleshoot or share their experiences with tablets or tablet / laptop hybrids?

Edit: the problem described here was solved!
    Let's figure out our tools together, anyway. What would you like to share?

My husband got me a Lenovo IdeaPad for Christmas. It's delightful. Giant touch screen. But he didn't think of getting me an active pen/ stylus.

I got a generic passive stylus the other day, which I prefer to use instead of a finger to navigate the screen.

I'm wondering if there's a way to use the passive stylus to write. There doesn't seem to be handwriting recognition software standard on this thing... Or I just haven't come across it yet.

My time to familiarize myself with this new system is hampered by the presence of my children... But I find myself wanting to make the most of this.

I will hopefully get a compatible active stylus in the near future, but even then I feel like I could do more with this.

I have figured out how to use my stylus with Paint to load pictures of PDFs and write all over it and save it as a jpg.

But there has to be a more legitimate way of working with this thing....

Aha! I found the "windows ink workspace" this is helpful. I can write on screen shots now.

Oooh! I found the windows handwriting keyboard! Whoo hoo!!!

Problem solved!

Last edited: Dec 28, 2017
    • Useful Useful x 1