1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

Recipe Tea: What are you steeping these days?

Discussion in 'Tilted Food' started by cynthetiq, Aug 4, 2011.

1. cynthetiq

cynthetiq Administrator Staff Member Donor

2nd verse same as the first. Good 2nd steep.

2. Irishsean

Irishsean Vertical

A few months ago I came across some Yerba Matte Latte from Republic of Tea and loved it. Good caffeine content, excellent flavor, like a chocolate infused chai. I went home and ordered a 5 pound bag, unfortunately I just got the Yerba Mate, which is not the same. It has a very grassy taste to start with and has very different brewing requirements, but its growing on me. Cannot handle it without cream and stevia though.

3. cynthetiq

If you check out some of the other entries I've made here I've made some Irish Mocha La Tea which is an Irish Breakfast with a mocha rooibos. You may like that.

This morning it's a lychee red tea.

4. snowy

snowy so kawaii Staff Member

I am going tea shopping today. I drank all my English Breakfast. I will probably pick up an English or Irish Breakfast.

5. Baraka_Guru

Baraka_Guru Möderätor Staff Member

Yesterday I picked up some Nepal black tea from a small estate. It's a bit on the bolder side, but not quite as much as an Assam.

6. snowy

snowy so kawaii Staff Member

I picked up a Canadian Breakfast. Malty, smooth, and strong but not overwhelming. We smelled all of the English, Irish, and Scottish blends alongside the Canadian, but the Canadian won. It just smelled so good, and it tastes delicious.

7. Irishsean

Irishsean Vertical

Ok, picked up a bit of Irish Breakfast Tea from Twinings this afternoon. Its so buttery! I usually like it with a lot more spice than that, but it was really good.

8. EventHorizon

EventHorizon assuredly the cause of the angry Economy..

does coffee count as a kind of tea?

9. cynthetiq

[​IMG] Ali Shan 3rd steep.
    [​IMG]

10. Baraka_Guru

I'm currently sipping on my first ever first steep of this tea.

Wow... it's right up there with and beyond the Wuyi milk oolong I get here.

Thanks, cynthetiq!

11. Irishsean

Irishsean Vertical

Ok, picked up a couple black tea samplers when I hit the tea store and wow. I'm loving the English Breakfast Tea and Earl Grey. My wife picked up some Coconut Oolong Dragon Pearl tea and its amazing, it doesn't need anything and can be steeped 6 times before losing any flavor. I'm actually trading coffee for tea all the time except for one cup when I wake up.

• Like Like x 1
  12. b2653009 Slightly Tilted

Can anyone recommend a nice tea to enjoy when you feel a bit sick, or have a sore throat? Sometimes when I'm sick, I have plain old peppermint tea, but I was wondering if anyone had any other suggestions...

13. cynthetiq

glad you like it! I wanted to like it as much but didn't. The one I sent is a Li Shan. Different mountain and estate. Both are supposed to Be spectacular oolong teas.

Settie peppermint works well, but you can try some other herbals. What kind of not well are you talking about?

Irishsean can you take a photo of the dry tea I'm curious to see oolong pearls.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Baraka_Guru

For colds & flu, I use Dr. Andrew Weil's recipe for tea:
    http://www.drweil.com/drw/u/REM00012/Ginger-Dr-Weils-Herbal-Remedies.html

It's a bit harsh going down, but it seems to work. It clears you up and warms you from the inside out to help fight off what you have.

• Like Like x 1
  15. cynthetiq

After I packed the box I thought I should have also sent you the Ali Shan. I will next box.

16. b2653009 Slightly Tilted

Woke up with fever, chills, sore achy weak muscles, sore neck, warm skin, I have a cough, but its from October... :p

17. Baraka_Guru

Dude, are you sure it isn't a zombie virus?

I would totally hit that tea recipe I posted and hard.

In addition to that, I would just drink a lot of green tea.

18. cynthetiq

I used to drink hot black tea with some honey and vinegar. I don't know why but that's the prescription from the asian side of the family.

19. Eddie Getting Tilted

Yerba mate. You guys should try it, it's awesome. I drink it every morning. I got into it when I was traveling around Argentina 3 years ago.

20. cynthetiq

I haven't tried any of the yerba mate, I do have some. I should try it. What do you think it tastes like? Or what flavors should I be looking for?