1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

TFP Confessional

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by ZombieSquirrel, Mar 15, 2013.

1. PonyPotato

PonyPotato Very Tilted

I'm really not happy that my boyfriend is out having dinner one-on-one with a female friend I haven't met yet who he met through a dating site and still texts semi-frequently. I'm hormonal, yes, and that contributes. Also, I'm much cuter. But still. I'm a little pissy about it but I've gotta put on my nice face. GRRRR.

2. CinnamonGirl

CinnamonGirl The Cheat is GROUNDED!

Okay, fine, I know they're basically baby food.... but I love the Peter Rabbit Organics veggie pouches. No needless additives, a full serving of fruits/veggies, and it's kinda like eating apple sauce. Awesome.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Gorgo

Gorgo Vertical

I like to visit massage parlors.

4. AlterMoose

AlterMoose Slightly Tilted

I often have a hard time putting up with my wife's side of the family. They're forever calling our kids 'theirs'. My sister-in-law jokes that they get so many of their traits from her. I know they're innocuous jokes. I know that we need an extended family. But I often feel completely discounted as a parent of my own children.

5. SirLance

SirLance Death Therapist

^

My MIL lives with us and is constantly underfoot. There are serious co-dependency issues with her, my soon-to-be ex-wife, and her sister. It has basically driven me out of the marriage. Bunch of control freaks. Drives me nuts.

6. Indigo Kid

Indigo Kid Getting Tilted

Sorry to hear this Sir Lance. Hang in there and move on as soon as possible.

7. mixedmedia

mixedmedia ...

After leaving Fringe Fest tonight, I will be driving a short distance up the road to have illicit sex for the third time with someone whose last name I still do not know.

• Like Like x 3
  8. Otherwise known as a 'zipless fuck'

See Fear of Flying by Erica Jong

• Like Like x 2
  9. mixedmedia

mixedmedia ...

My mother read that book in the '70s. :)

• Like Like x 1
  10. So did I :D

• Like Like x 1
  11. Indigo Kid

Indigo Kid Getting Tilted

"Fear of Flying" was a great book. But remember she was willing to suffer all consequences...

12. mixedmedia

mixedmedia ...

I take at least as many precautions, probably more, as most people who pick up folks at parties and in bars. I have good instincts and I use them. Still, I acknowledge that situations can be fickle. But, there are consequences to everything.

• Like Like x 2
  13. Fangirl

Fangirl Very Tilted

Looking For Mr Goodbar was a good film, but both it and FoF were entertainment. Maybe this sounds condescending, but at first I freaked out a bit about MM's safety until I reminded myself that she's among the brightest, most sensible folks I've not yet met.
    Also, I was pounded into hamburger by my now ex-spouse for 3.5 years. Yes, there are consequences to everything, whether it's who you marry or who you enjoy a zipless fuck with.

Last edited: May 24, 2013
  14. I learned this the hard way. No matter how smart you are when it comes to this stuff...you could still find yourself in a lot of danger.

15. Fangirl

Fangirl Very Tilted

I wouldn't argue that point but if you hang out with men you are taking a risk, period.

• Like Like x 1
  16. FUCK MEN!

:-D

• Like Like x 1
  17. Borla

Borla Moderator Staff Member

FTFY ;)

• Like Like x 2
  18. Fangirl

Fangirl Very Tilted

Nope. I meant men. Won't bore you with statistics but the vast majority of physical assaults are by men. Odds are far better sticking with the ladies.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Borla

Borla Moderator Staff Member

Though physical assaults by women on men are far underreported, you are correct statistically. More men beat women than the other way around. But when you expand the damage to include other types of abuse, including false criminal accusations that can ruin a person's marriage, career, and life, the playing field levels out much more.

I'm not trying to minimize the horrible things many men do. But we don't have a monopoly on ruining partners' lives.

• Like Like x 3
  20. Cayvmann

Cayvmann Very Tilted

Yay, we win!!!!

• Like Like x 3