1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

TFP Movie Review Thread

Discussion in 'Tilted Entertainment' started by Tully Mars, Mar 23, 2015.

1. DAKA

DAKA DOING VERY NICELY, THANK YOU

Just watched The Only Living Boy In New York Amazon Studios production, good story, good actors, very well done and good music...(no spoiler)
    Filmed in NYC, an added plus....

2. rogue49

rogue49 Tech Kung Fu Artist Staff Member

Yes, he will be VERY happy.
    Go for it.

3. omega

omega Very Tilted

I wouldn't go so far as to say that justice league is excellent; it's alright. Not great, not bad. Better than bats vs the big blue boy scout. Not as good as wonder woman or thor:ragnarok. If you like dc comics then you will be moderately entertained. I didn't regret seeing it, and girlfriend didn't dislike it.

• Like Like x 1
  4. I saw MURDER ON THE ORIENT EXPRESS last night. I had not seen the 1974 version, nor have I read the book, so the whole thing was new to me. I found myself wishing for subtitles due to some of the accents (and I have a bit of a hearing deficit), but I found it was beautifully filmed and well performed. I thought the whole thing a bit contrived once it started unfolding, but I didn't let that detract from my enjoyment. My 20 year old son and his friend went along, and both of them liked it; at one point, my son leaned over to me and said "Do you like this?"--which from years of watching with him, I knew meant "I don't like this, can we go?" I told him I did. He went out to smoke a cig and then came back to watch it. It clicked for him at some point, because when we left, he said "That was good. I didn't like it at first, but I wound up liking it."

AVOR

• Like Like x 1
  5. ralphie250

ralphie250 Fully Erect Donor

I watched rampage last week with the rock. I thought it was a good movie, I recommend it

saw the greatest showman about pt barnum last night. my daughter really enjoyed it

I saw American made with tom cruise about the drug smuggler barry seal. it is loosely based on a true story. I thought It was a good movie overall, but I know parts of the movie were not true. I recommend it if you like things like that.

• Like Like x 1
  6. redravin

redravin Cynical Optimist Donor

I saw Rampage too, and I have to agree with @ralphie250 it is great fun.
    If giant monsters and The Rock are your thing you are in for a treat because the movie is actually well thought out and nicely done for what it is.
    For a movie based on a video game I have to say this is one of the best.

• Like Like x 2
  7. ralphie250

ralphie250 Fully Erect Donor

best part is when George flipped him the bird. lol

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Japchae

Japchae Very Tilted

We got the AMC Stubs A-List a few weeks ago... Up to three movies a week, reserved seating, any AMC theater for $22 per person per month. It's been completely worth it.

Tag - freaking hilarious, loved every moment of it.

Ant Man & Wasp - entertaining and fun, great tie-ins to the Avengers Universe stuff.

Mission Impossible - Fallout - surprisingly good. Just enough action, balanced with an actual story

Jurassic World 2 - okay, I cried. And not in fear this time. The dinosaurs almost died! I liked it, though.

So many upcoming movies we can't wait for!

• Like Like x 1
  9. buzzgunner

buzzgunner 180 gr. of diplomacy

My current fave (recent) movie is "Ready Player One". After seeing it (once) in the theater, we bought the Blu-Ray disk and I've already watched that 4-5 times. If you're even slightly a fan of 80s pop-culture references, this is the movie for you. I've identified over 300 so far and am still finding more each it I re-watch it. It takes me much longer to watch it these days, as I'm pausing and frame-stepping through the movie so much!

10. Japchae

Japchae Very Tilted

The book was so amazing that I couldn't fully appreciate the movie.

11. One of my favorite movies of this century is THE INCREDIBLES. So when the sequel came out, I wanted to see it...and I didn't want to. Having heard good things about it, include from a friend that I know has similar tastes, my wife and I saw it. And a week later, when we were with my son, we saw it again, but this time in 3D. I still like the original a bit better, but there is nothing about the sequel that a fan of the original wouldn't like.

AVOR

• Like Like x 1
  12. redravin

redravin Cynical Optimist Donor

Went and saw the Mr. Rogers biopic last night.
    We didn't have a TV when he first came out and my kids found him to be a little too mellow so I don't have the same kind of exposure that so many do to the kind, generous, complicated man presented in the movie.
    If you see it expect to get some serious feels.
    I'm pretty hardhearted and don't care for being jerked around but this was pretty organic and really did a number.

• Like Like x 1