1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

TFP Pets 2.0

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by CinnamonGirl, Aug 12, 2011.

1. Stan

Stan Resident Dumbass

20" of snow overnight with more falling. What does my big bear of a snow dog do? She insists I need to let her out the basement door, because she doesn't want to plow through the snow on the outside stairs.

• Like Like x 4
  2. Stan

Stan Resident Dumbass

I'd add that Molly turned 9 on Thanksgiving. The average lifespan for a Newfoundland is 9-12 years and yes, I can do the math. She's grey at the muzzle and has some arthritis in her front right elbow or wrist (the vet and I disagree). She has a slight limp that doesn't stop her from doing much of anything. We have a contest every morning to see who can moan the most while getting up.

Molly's jobs are "hiking buddy" and being a big sister to Jackson. She still takes both seriously, while traumatizing the occasional door to door preacher.

I've got to be very, very careful about using the term "old girl" around my house. The less furry female doesn't take it well.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Borla

Borla Moderator Staff Member

Stanley isn't too far behind her. He's going to be 8 at the end of spring. Most say that a Bullmastiff's lifespan is 8-10 years. So far he has barely any grey and no signs of degeneration of his hips/shoulders. He's had a small drop-off in his energy level, but not a huge amount. Basically, he'll only run back and forth chasing a ball 2-3 times before getting bored of it instead of 6-7 times. Or a 30 minute hike is plenty instead of 45 minutes. But he still wants to do all of those things, still wants to wrestle, and still wants to play every day, so I'm taking that as a good sign. He's also dropped about 7-8lbs over the last 12-18 months, which is actually a positive considering the hip issues many molosser dogs get late in life. Hopefully you and I are comparing notes on Molly and Stanley for several more years. :cool:

• Like Like x 1
  4. martian

martian Server Monkey Staff Member

Hip dysplasia and arthritis will be the major threats to Stanley's health as he gets older, if my experience is anything to go by. Keeping his weight under control will help reduce the risk substantially. I've personally seen bullmastiffs make it past their twelfth birthday, so there's no reason to think Stanley won't have a good few years in him yet.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Fangirl

Fangirl Very Tilted

Oh God, you guys and dog life spans are making me teary. They are all such good dogs!

• Like Like x 1
  6. CinnamonGirl

CinnamonGirl The Cheat is GROUNDED!

..............wait, WHAT? I remember his puppy pictures! Has it really been that long? :eek:

• Like Like x 2
  7. Borla

Borla Moderator Staff Member

Yes, he was born in 2009. Hard to believe.

• Like Like x 3
  8. CinnamonGirl

Snow pups!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 7
  9. Yerba

Yerba ...wait, what?

So cute! That second picture with snow on his face is priceless. :)

Here's my little resident asshole.

IMG_20170107_153059.jpg

• Like Like x 4
  10. Japchae

Japchae Very Tilted

Moon Moon Snowflake!

• Like Like x 1
  11. CinnamonGirl

A friend suggested I frame this one.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 7
  12. CinnamonGirl

haha! He loves to stick his whole face down in the snow and snuffle around.

• Like Like x 2
  13. Fangirl

Fangirl Very Tilted

1483861392486 (1).jpg
    New Year's walk.

• Like Like x 7
  14. CinnamonGirl

Some severe weather going on today, so I made a fort. The pups approved.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 8
  15. DAKA

DAKA DOING VERY NICELY, THANK YOU

Hey guys,
    LOVE YOUR PUPS, whatever they do...you miss them so much when they are gone....
    R.I.P. Mr Barkley...we love you

• Like Like x 4
  16. CinnamonGirl

Moony and I went for a walk today.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 8
  17. Japchae

Japchae Very Tilted

MOON MOON! He's so fluffaaay!

• Like Like x 3
  18. DAKA

DAKA DOING VERY NICELY, THANK YOU

We are going to look for another Silkie Terrier (or 2) to adopt.....We miss out Mr Barkley so much....it's only been 8 days...

• Like Like x 3
  19. [​IMG]

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 6
  20. CinnamonGirl

Another day, another adventure. Hoping we can make this a three-times-a-week thing.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 6