1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

The 10 companies that OWN so much they probably own YOU.

Discussion in 'Tilted Philosophy, Politics, and Economics' started by pan6467, Aug 1, 2012.

1. Baraka_Guru

Baraka_Guru Möderätor Staff Member

I can't see the image, but to follow up on the analogy, I suppose the American business community is like a pedigree of stallion bred for particular traits that are ill-suited for certain changes in environment, so they're slow to adapt.

In many ways this means that they aren't of quite the same stock as, say, the Chinese pedigree, which seems more adaptable and therefore more balanced.

2. pan6467

pan6467 a triangle in a circular world.

I'm glad I read further down where ASU corrected you:

However, you still claim:

Other than a statistic :

Where you state it is "by memory", what evidence do you have to PROVE Obama is attacking small business? IF you have NO PROOF, it is in fact SPIN and YOUR opinion.

Oh I don't know wanting to tax the bigger monopolistic businesses and get rid of their loopholes? (Whether he gets a Congress that will let him is another question.)

As far as getting retail space, I can attest that it is tough and takes money. I was at one time looking at renting a Kiosk at a mall that I could sell the jewelry I made and e-cigs from a major player in the market. I was close to securing the kiosk, until I had to provide proof that I had $100,000 in insurance. There was no way I could find an insurer that would give me a policy I could afford, while paying the rest of my overhead (rent included). So now I am looking into a flea market type arena where I can work my way up.

It's tough but it takes perseverance and commitment, as well as a good business plan. I don't see Obama as any type of influence whatsoever on the future of my success, he may increase small business loans but I won't qualify, because of: my outstanding student loans (due to my past illnesses and disability, that they will not recognize) and bad credit due to those illnesses and inability to pay bills accrued beforehand (i.e. credit cards, checks written, Verizon (who refused my payment when I got out of the hospital claiming that they had turned it over to collections), and so on) .

Why do I see Romney as a major detriment to the future of my business, once started? Because, I firmly believe he will make it easier for the big boys to shut down flea markets and increase the taxes on starters like me to protect his Wall Street Buddies. THAT IS MHO, based on what I know of Romney and the environment that a$$ wipes like Kaiser... err... Ohio Governor Kasich have attempted to make. And Kaiser Kasich is not much different in his views than Herr Romney is.

But again, I do not see Obama's attacks on small business perhaps you can show me how he has done so?

3. rogue49

rogue49 Tech Kung Fu Artist Staff Member

Obama hasn't done ANYTHING to negatively affect small business.
    (and barely anything positive either on that note...)
    I have a small business on the side...I have people who do things for that business...developing and optimizing apps & environs.
    I take on projects...I coordinate those projects, I make sure they are of quality.

It's more of the local and state laws that affect small business.
    They are the ones that are a pain in my ass.

Sure, big business doesn't want the Feds on their case...
    1. They regulate interstate and international commerce.
    2. Big business just smothers local & state matters...that's small beans...
    the Feds are the only one with the chops & funds to even get close to standing up to them.

If you want to talk small business, bitch about the local & state governments (all sides)
    If you want to talk big biz, then that's more romantic...the media harps on them more than the Feds. (more hype, more color, more viewers)

Obama has been more Status Quo than anything else.
    You're feeding into the GOP mantra if you think anything else.

Why do you think the true Libs are actually PISSED at Obama??
    But like GOP has Romney, which they are holding their nose while pressing the voting booth button on him.
    Obama is like this for the Liberal base...they don't have anyone else even close to being viable a candidate.
    (and Hilary wouldn't be ANY different, don't fool yourselves...)

Basically, small business is fine...we just need to make it easier for them to survive. (aka Local & State laws)
    Big biz...well, I don't think they need more regulation...but they DO need a damn huge light shined on them...more transparancy, less collusion.
    Let's get rid of all the hidden play.
    Clean up the maze...or at least map it.

Ignorance is NOT bliss.
    You can still get hit by the train you don't see coming.
    You can still get robbed by the thief you aren't aware of.

Last edited: Aug 7, 2012
    • Like Like x 1