1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

Politics The 2020 US Presidential Election

Discussion in 'Tilted Philosophy, Politics, and Economics' started by ASU2003, Dec 31, 2018.

1. rogue49

rogue49 Tech Kung Fu Artist Staff Member

• Like Like x 2
  2. ASU2003

ASU2003 Very Tilted

I'm surprised he hasn't tried saying that Obama and Bush Jr. also knew that Russia had a bounty of American troops. Or throw Reagan under the bus and say that he was paying the Afghan resistance a bounty for killing Russians. Even though, making the link to Osama Bin Laden getting paid by the US, and then trying and failing to take over Saudi Arabia with that money, leading to him attacking the US doesn't take too many steps.

I do want to see Biden host a panel of Covid experts and researchers. Have him ask the questions, not the same questions, the tough questions. That is what a President should be doing. The only worry is that if it succeeds too much in giving the current administration or governors a plan, that they would declare victory over the virus by October. While I put that possibility at 2%, and Kanye getting paid by Russia and billionaires to run for President to siphon voters away from Biden at 10%, this is 2020 and anything can happen.

• Like Like x 1
  3. rogue49

• Informative Informative x 1
  4. Chris Noyb

Chris Noyb Get in, buckle up, hang on, & be quiet.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. ASU2003

ASU2003 Very Tilted

Everything about the GOP campaign in 2016 was a disaster outside of the big rallies to make it appear like he had a lot of support. Hillary's was pretty good up until Comey reopened an investigation and tied her to Weiner and her Wisconsin/Michigan travel plans.

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. Chris Noyb

7. redravin

redravin Cynical Optimist Donor

These are the kinds of pictures that Trump's fans use to prove he isn't racist.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Chris Noyb

I posted it, deciding not to make a (very politically incorrect) beauty pageant comment.

For those who don't know...

Tyson served time in prison for raping a beauty pageant contestant.

Trump used to organize? host? beauty pageants, which ties into his "...grab them by their pussy..." comments.

9. MeltedMetalGlob

MeltedMetalGlob Resident Loser Donor

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. MeltedMetalGlob

Given that the coronavirus will still be in full swing around November, it seems like common sense that mail-in ballots would be the sensible way to cast one's vote.

Also, given that tRump is claiming (without evidence) that mail-in ballots would make the election fraudulent, it also makes sense to do it since it's throwing him off his game.

However, tRump has installed one of his lackeys to help sabotage the system, so one way of getting around this may be to fill out your ballot, and then find where your drop-off ballot box is and use that, bypassing the US Postal System.

Trump's scheme to hobble vote-by-mail in full swing under top GOP donor-turned-postmaster general

I've got my application now, I'm passing this info along so we can all make our votes count, because of all the elections, this one is the big one.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Chris Noyb

Kamala Harris is Joe Biden's running mate for VP.

• Like Like x 2
  12. rogue49

Good call by him
    She’s a great candidate

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. redravin

redravin Cynical Optimist Donor

A lot of Progressives disagree on that subject.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. rogue49

Unfortunately, many are idealists with policy which don’t do well during the general election.

I can see what they’re going for here, picking one that will be of interest to many sides, including independents and conservatives that dislike Trump.

They want a slam dunk.
    It’s a marketing approach not a ideology one.

Frankly, it’s why Biden got picked in the first place.
    And likely some old-fashioned deal making behind the scenes by the Dem leadership.

They want no doubt whatsoever to beat T.
    Trounce him, overkill.

IMHO, I agree...it’s the hardball that the Dems need to play.
    Even to the point of letting Republicans speak at the con
    Or letting Never Trumpers do some dirty work and put out biting ads, like the Lincoln Group.

It’s political war...with strange allies.
    Ideals will come back into play when they win.
    And repair the damage.

Sometimes you need a quill
    Sometimes a sword
    Here I think they’re going for a bazooka level.

The only way to overwhelm the dirty tricks of the current GOP...and foreign interference.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. rogue49

16. MeltedMetalGlob

Although there may be some who are a bit apprehensive about their vote not counting this year, I found an article studying the paper trail most states have to help track the votes:

Enough States Have a Paper Trail For Biden to Win

The bottom line here is, VOTE. Our country's future depends on it!

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  17. Chris Noyb

I like the fact that Harris is considered "law and order."

In what I admit is a narrow view, it appeals to voters who agree with the protests, but don't agree with letting the people flagrantly breaking the law get away with it for fear of upsetting certain ethnic groups.

18. ASU2003

ASU2003 Very Tilted

I don't think most of the progressives have a problem with her, but what policies she supports. The bigger problem is they also see it as the party trying to engineer the moderate center get to remain in power for the next few elections. Kamala is going to run for President and will now be the incumbent (if November goes the way it looks like it will). Tim Kaine or Susan Rice wasn't going to run for office after Joe's term. This is the bigger issue for progressives who want to see AOC and the left come in and fix things.

Cardi B wants AOC to run for president in 2024 - CNNPolitics

19. rogue49

• Like Like x 2
  20. ASU2003

ASU2003 Very Tilted

There are some that love the rollercoaster though if they know how to buy low and sell high. So, I'm not sure how many people want the market to be "stable" outside of the big banks.

• Like Like x 1