1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

Politics The 2020 US Presidential Election

Discussion in 'Tilted Philosophy, Politics, and Economics' started by ASU2003, Dec 31, 2018.

1. Chris Noyb

Chris Noyb Get in, buckle up, hang on, & be quiet.

Georgia is getting more and more interesting.

The talking heads seem to be in agreement: The remaining ballots are definitely favoring Biden, except in Alaska.

Someone on FOX even conceded Arizona to Biden, with around 12% of ballots left to tally. That's a lot of votes with Biden only holding a 2% lead.

A 100,000 vote lead isn't safe with 500,000 ballots left to count. Not when the trend is 75% of those ballots favor Biden.

Patience, patience, and more patience.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. rogue49

rogue49 Tech Kung Fu Artist Staff Member

For anyone complaining about the 'late' shift in totals toward Democrats in MI, PA, and WI, most of those votes actually came in *first.* It's only because of those states' Republican-controlled state legislatures that they're now being counted last

In case anyone is interested
    The late counts are actually often early mail-in ballots

But their states waited, so there wouldn’t be any “fraud”
    But it DOES take time to count them manually

Lo & behold, traditional day voting had more conservative leanings
    And the “new fangled” mail in ballots, tend to be more Democratic...also they were afraid of the COVID or interference at the polling stations or lost mail and other reasons
    But they actually came in earlier, before the Election Day

Strange how things work
    Physics, logistics and math.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. rogue49

Wow!! He called it, right on the nose.
    I didn't see this before my previous post. (nor am I a big Sanders fan...but respect here.)
    Twilight Zone, spooky.
    Bernie Sanders’ Accurate Prediction Of Donald Trump’s Election Night Playbook Goes Viral

• Like Like x 1
  4. ASU2003

ASU2003 Very Tilted

The third conspiracy theory is that none of these states wants to be the one that puts Biden over 270. Maybe it is nothing, but maybe they don't want a domestic terror attack when people start shooting up their Board of Elections...

• Optimistic Optimistic x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  5. rogue49

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. rogue49

7. rogue49

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  8. Chris Noyb

Biden has passed Conman in Georgia. I haven't found anyone who says the blue trend will trail off, or there will be a red surge, in the remaining ballots.

I still don't know why some groups are listing Arizona for Biden. IMO a wild west mentality is alive and well in AZ, making it a state filled with unpredictable voters. But as someone mentioned Conman's unforgivable behavior towards McCain, even long after his death, might prove to be...unforgivable.

With AZ removed, I think Georgia and Nevada* will be the clear combination for Biden.

* I originally wrote Utah, my brain was thinking Nevada. See posts 309 and 311.

Last edited: Nov 6, 2020
  9. rogue49

You mean Nevada??

• Useful Useful x 1
  10. Chris Noyb

Is anyone surprised that Trump seems shocked by losing his initial leads?

He, his postmaster general, and his Republican cronies created the problems that are now tormenting Trump (and those of us who want this crap over with).

One of the talking heads brought up an interesting point:
    Given how close the voting has been, what if Trump had toned down his defiance? For example promoting wearing masks, which he could've done with some careful wording that didn't actually acknowledge the seriousness of covid-19.

Would have such a relatively simple act prevented some/enough of the shift to Biden?

11. Chris Noyb

Yes, Nevada, not Utah. I will edit that, and note the correction.

12. Chris Noyb

It appears that the same trend occuring in GA
    is happening in PA.

Trump's "speech" yesterday afternoon was pathetic. He and his team are going through the motions for recounts and other challenges, but I got the impression I was listening a beaten man.

On a personal note, is Trump so dense he can't say more than four words without reading his speech? Or is it possible he was avoiding eye contact?

The main question will end up being:
    When will the "legal" challenges by Trump be exhausted so that
    we can have Biden official declared the winner?

There is a possibility that voting fraud will be uncovered. The chances of it being intense enough to shift the overall result would be highly unlikely. And do the Republicans really want a deep inquiry?

• Like Like x 1
  13. redravin

redravin Cynical Optimist Donor

I never would have expected Georgia but it sure goes to show you what some pissed off activists can accomplish.
    People talked about the red mirage, that it would look like The Impeached 45 would be winning at first because of the states that didn't allow the counting of absentee ballots until after the election, so this shouldn't be a surprise but man was it hard to sit through.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. ASU2003

ASU2003 Very Tilted

It is good that it looks like it won't be 273-265 or 270-268. You might see the lawsuits trying to overwelm the system and delay the recounts so the vote couldn't be certified by Dec 8, which would allow the GOP state legislatures to decide themselves which candidate gets the electors. If they have to do it in WI, GA, AZ, and NV, it becomes a coup at that point and not following the vote of the people.

However, with ~150 million people voting in this election, it will have come down to around 100,000 votes in those 4 states.

Trump did just get more votes nationally than Obama did in 2008 too. 4 million more than Hillary got in 2016. Biden is about at 8 million more than Hillary got and there are still about 10 million votes to count nationwide they estimate.

• Like Like x 1
  15. ralphie250

ralphie250 Fully Erect Donor

I dont understand how the court can change it.
    Do they do inquireues about voter fraud? do they listen to people who were there?

I still have a hard time understanding where they keep coming up with ballotts. did they have a truck in the back?

16. Chris Noyb

Ronna McDaniel held/is holding a press conference. While she was listing off the numerous heinous voting frauds committed by the Democrats (in Republican controlled states), there was black woman standing behind her. She was holding a sign that read Black Voices For Trump.

How convenient. How many members does BVFT have? How many are black?

This is the third time I've tried to give Ronna McDaniel a fair chance to show she's more than a schill for Trump. She's the Chair of the RNC, and that should mean she is able to see and discuss tthe big picture. But instead she sounds like Trump's press secretary (and a dedicated mother blindly protecting her baby).

17. ASU2003

ASU2003 Very Tilted

Each precinct or neighborhood probably has a stack of mail-in ballots that came in before election day (and in PA some could come in until today that were mailed by election day). They all get processed at the county board of elections and are getting scrutinized and want to make sure everything is done right. The court could decide on a few ballots by saying that if the mail was slowed down by one party, that they should be rewarded by not having those ballots that came in after election day count. I think they said that in GA, they allow military mail in ballots that were sent by election day to still count if they arrive by today (or some day next week, I don't remember).

But it does seem pretty slow. And most of the time, these rules don't matter because the difference if so small.

The second option is to just try and run out the clock by constantly challenging the results and wanting recounts. If it was one or two states where it was really close, there is a possibility that it would work. But it seems like there are too many states and it would be too hard to get that to happen now. But I wouldn't be surprised if they tried.

18. Chris Noyb

I'm guessing Trump can't catch Biden in AZ. Several news sources that were being very cautious now show AZ blue, and have Biden at 264.

Nevada seems very slow to clear the last 10%; Pennsylvania will probably be the deciding state.

• Like Like x 1
  19. MeltedMetalGlob

MeltedMetalGlob Resident Loser Donor

A little levity again...
    [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
  20. redravin

redravin Cynical Optimist Donor

This isn't me.
    It's a very smart, much better educated women who I like to turn to when I don't understand political stuff.

"The concept of “the Blue Wave” isn’t suspicious; it happens every election. There is usually a surge of Dem votes that get added to the totals later on during Election Night (or election week, in this case) because of big cities returning their election results. Major cities are notoriously liberal in nearly every state and it takes longer for them to report only because there’s usually way more ballots to count. Not because of corruption. Just literally more ballots take more time. That’s why you see places like Philly, Atlanta and Phoenix releasing them in batches.

-On the topic of counting ballots though...some states don’t even allow for mail in ballots who have been received to be counted until next week. Like NY for example! We have about a million “legitimate” ballots sitting that because of NYS election law can’t be counted until 11/10. So don’t believe any rhetoric about how NY had a “Red Wave” and is trying to find votes to diminish it lol.

AND, because I know it’s coming:
    -There are laws that dictate whether a recount is allowed, and that is always been in place, and dictated at the state and/or county level. A presidential candidate can’t simply demand one. For example, Georgia will allow for a recount if there’s a vote count difference of less than half a percent. If more than that, you just gonna have to take that L. Ask Al Gore about it."

• Like Like x 4