1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Hey Guest!
The donation button is here.
https://goo.gl/aFggcs

Politics The 2020 US Presidential Election

Discussion in 'Tilted Philosophy, Politics, and Economics' started by ASU2003, Dec 31, 2018.

1. rogue49

rogue49 Tech Kung Fu Artist Staff Member Donor

And that’s from a conservative pundit

We can hope
    *Cross your fingers*

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. rogue49

View: https://mobile.twitter.com/JulianCastro/status/1214188178686525440

Now THIS is interesting...
    I wonder if this will help her gain more momentum

She’s gaining because Buttigieg is losing quite a bit

It may put her above Bernie again
    But not enough vs Biden

Unless Biden REALLY goofs
    It’s his to lose right now

2nd isn’t a bad place to be
    And I think she’s learning her lesson on overreaching and overpromising

3. ASU2003

ASU2003 Very Tilted Donor

It was a safe political move for him to make. If he had come out for Bernie or Biden he was taking a risk of not having a job in their administration if the other one got the nomination.

I do wonder who Warren supporters second choice is if it comes down to having to switch and choose Biden or Bernie at the convention?

4. redravin

redravin Cynical Optimist Donor

I don't think most Warren supporters will go to Biden.
    She is far closer to Bernie than she will ever be to Biden, politically.

• Like Like x 2
  5. rogue49

6. ASU2003

With the Senate impeachment possibly happening before the Iowa Caucuses now, some people are saying the Senators should fly together to either save money or reduce emissions. The conservative media is calling them hypocrites too (mainly because they don't want them to win Iowa or for them not to be in the Senate for the impeachment)

However, could you imagine the conspiracy theories and problems that would be caused if all 5 Democratic senators were in a plane crash? You would be left with Biden, Bloomberg, Buttigieg, Delaney, Gabbard, Patrick, Steyer, and Yang... The Internet and Democratic voters would be trying to put the blame on the DNC establishment, the other candidates left in the race, the ultra rich who don't want to be taxed, Trump/Russia because he doesn't want to face them in November, and the GOP who is afraid of losing the senate in November.

The even scarier thing to think about is that I don't think Trump would lose any support if he used a drone to strike the plane, and I'm not even sure the Senate would be able to come up with enough votes to remove him.

7. rogue49

Opinion | Winners and Losers of the Democratic Debate

The reviews from the NYT...as I'm sure there are a thousand other reviews. with their own perspective and winners. (it is a horse race...everyone is making opinions on their bets)

Warren was able to light a flame again with the (true/untrue?) comment on women winning the presidency. (got a good line from it too)
    Biden...basically said nothing important...but didn't say anything stupid. (is this what they want?? someone who's uninspiring but just is stable and "hopefully" doesn't gaffe)

The winners, losers and biggest takeaways from the Iowa debate

And there's a nice clip within of the "non-handshake" tension between Warren and Sanders (just to add to the saga)

I'll let ya read about all the others...that's just the thought that came to my mind.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2020
  8. rogue49

NYT Editorial Board - Amy Klobuchar and Elizabeth Warren Are Democrats’ Top Choices for President

The New York Times breaks with tradition and recommends 2 different candidates.
    Both ladies for the win.

It also gives a interesting perspective of the others
    And why they did not pick them.

Definitely a boost for them both.

Warren is higher on the polls, to leverage more....especially to put her potentially above Sanders.
    Don't know how much this would help Klobuchar...she's not got as much momentum.

9. ASU2003

What are the reasons why they didn't pick the others? I refuse to give them any clicks on this because I feel it wasn't their place to endorse anyone in the primaries. Not that I have any problems with Warren or Klobuchar. They really should have endorsed every Democrat if they wanted to be fair and unbiased. But it would also show that there are good parts to every candidate, however, there isn't a perfect candidate.