1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

Politics The 2024 US Presidential Election

Discussion in 'Tilted Philosophy, Politics, and Economics' started by ASU2003, Jun 7, 2023.

1. Chris Noyb

Chris Noyb Get in, buckle up, hang on, & be quiet.

I'm guessing crypto currency can work in reverse, in the sense it opens the bank vault to leave it vulnerable to cybertheft.

Hmm...

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. rogue49

rogue49 Tech Kung Fu Artist Staff Member

3. Chris Noyb

Um jaden Preis.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Chris Noyb

• Like Like x 1
  5. rogue49

Boos and anti-Trump chants at Libertarian convention where former president is set to speak

It's going to a funky weird election...who know who's going to vote for who.
    Libertarians hate Chump...they want to vote for someone from their party...but WHO???

GOP is split, Dems will more likely vote for Biden. (unfortunately, many are blaming him for inflation and cost of living, but the prez doesn't have that kind of pull, no prez does)
    And Independents...who knows?

Senate and House are both up for grabs...
    It's like a spinning wheel ...one that's making me dizzy. :confused:

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Chris Noyb

7. rogue49

8. rogue49

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. Chris Noyb

I like the focus Huffington Post selected.

Libertarians Name 2024 Pick As Trump Says He Could’ve Won Nomination If He’d Wanted

• Like Like x 1
  10. rogue49

What the Libertarians are warning us all about Trump

Well stated.
    IF only...Americans in a majority could say and do the same...and give Chump the treatment he deserves.

The GOP find their soul again.
    The Dems learn how to fight and stop being careful and polite.
    The GDI's figure out the man is "human scum" (using his own words for his opposition)

We need to SHOUT and CURSE him until he fades.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Chris Noyb

^^^

"It might have been even worse for Trump if the Secret Service hadn’t reportedly confiscated the rubber chickens that squawked loudly when squeezed, that had been distributed to attendees by a PAC supporting Robert F. Kennedy, Jr. (Of course, this raises the question of why the taxpayer funded Secret Service was being used to silence people who wanted to show their disapproval for Trump’s political speech.)"

Did this really happen? If yes, the Secret Service needs to be investigated (yes, I know, not another investigation :confused:) and immediately a new team needs to assigned to NPD Trump. Familiarity breeds contempt, but it also breeds friendship which breeds a willingness to bend the rules.

12. rogue49

Actually, the rubber chickens could hide weapons, believe it or not.
    They have the right to confiscate mostly.
    When I dealt with them at the White House, they took it all VERY seriously. There is no bending them and they have most of the rules on their side.

It would be a non-starter to investigate for this. Wouldn't go anywhere.
    But what they should be investigated for is their actions on Jan 6th and why they lost/purged all their communications from then.

13. Chris Noyb

The investigation into the loss of the SS communication records from Jan 05 & 06 should've started immediately and the reponsible departments, DHS mostly, should've undergone major housecleanings. I still have hopes that charges can & will be brought against the individuals responsible for that fiasco.

There is no way a department as important as the Secret Service accidently lost those crucial communications during a standard upgrade. Under the normal circumstances they would most likely have backed up all data, probably more than once. Under Jan 06 circumstancex the data should've been protected many times over.

If this is never openly addressed I might have to become a conspiracy believer. I already know the film proved the shots fired by Oswald didn't include the kill shot. Despite decades of hot debate nothing has ever been done, & by now I'm sure all physical evidence has been destroyed, & the people with useful knowledge were silenced.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. rogue49

• Like Like x 1
  15. rogue49

Former Pence aide says she's "happy to discuss" Trump's mental decline if the WSJ is interested

After the WSJ hit piece came out...
    Which is now being question for its sources.
    The Wall Street Journal’s story about Biden “slipping” is comically weak

The Biden campaign needs to address this double-standard.
    And as the vid in TFA sez, they need to go on the offensive.
    Because what would the other side do???

If you've seen something, say something. Repeat it. Shout it.
    TFG is dangerous...not just nationally so, but globally.

• Informative Informative x 1
  16. Chris Noyb

• Like Like x 1
  17. rogue49

Joe Biden leads Donald Trump by 25 points among younger people

Well, that's good to hear.
    Now I hope they VOTE.

Frankly, I hope EVERYONE votes. (yes, even the GOP. I want it to be the highest percent voting ever.)
    All should have their due and say.
    And right and ticket to bitch and complain. (can't complain, if you didn't vote, IMHO)

• Like Like x 2
  18. Chris Noyb

I think a massive drop in voting by Repubs would send a clear message to the GOP: Dump Trump.

Of course he would twist it to play the victim of some evil scheme to keep him from the campaign trail.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1