1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

Politics The 4th Estate - Media....is it truth or fiction? TFP pundits will examine.

Discussion in 'Tilted Philosophy, Politics, and Economics' started by rogue49, Nov 5, 2012.

1. rogue49

rogue49 Tech Kung Fu Artist Staff Member

Because it plays into their Hunter Biden caterwauling and "Biden's corrupt" mantra.
    They don't care about the source...and he's one of their best manipulators.
    Even if he was in cahoots with China and Iran.

These days, it's not about Russia, China or other countries are bad...it's party and agenda before everything. Sticking it to the libs and the Dems.

2. Chris Noyb

Chris Noyb Get in, buckle up, hang on, & be quiet.

I would have strong reservations about dragging somebody who has serious dirt on me into the spotlight in an attempt to embarrass an opponent.

3. rogue49

Yes, but you have integrity use rational thought about consequences.
    These folk it's all about the spin and weaken the Dems, since they're weak themselves.

4. Chris Noyb

There must be some Repubs thinking, and possibly saying, "This isn't a great idea, it could backfire big time."

Of course I'm fine with them opening the cage door and getting attacked.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Chris Noyb

6. Chris Noyb

Nothing I've read or heard justifies the police raid on the offices of the Marion County Record. To call the evidence used to obtain the search warrant weak and insufficient is an understatement (unless some vital info is being withheld).

https://www.kansascity.com/news/state/kansas/article278212472.html

^ Note: The article has many ads.

And why aren't we hearing more about the death of the 98 year old co-owner, Joan Meyer?

• Like Like x 2
  7. Chris Noyb

Footage (I'd say partial & heavily edited) of the raid on her home has been released.

A ridiculously unnecessary raid based on a search warrant that never should've been issued.

WTF did they think a 98 year old woman was "hiding?"

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Chris Noyb

• Informative Informative x 1
  9. Chris Noyb

Opinion | If You Want the Public’s Trust, Broadcast the Trump Trials

On a personal level I want to see it; hearing would be distant yet acceptable option.

We need to see this. We need to be able to judge the witnesses, judges, prosecutors, etc.

The down side is the willfully ignorant will see what they want to see. If their pre-determined delusions are challenged it could trigger violent reactions, and violence.

Show the trials on TV.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. rogue49

What they'll show is how poorly T replies while on the stand.
    The more he is inconsistent and incomprehensible, the better.

We're not gunning for his supporters, we're looking to harden the independents.
    And scare his GOP allies who are cowardly politicians,

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. rogue49

[​IMG]

Exactly
    Start doing your fuckin’ job!

Stop the false equivalence.

• Agree Agree x 3
  12. rogue49

Rupert Murdoch, creator of Fox News, stepping down as head of News Corp. and Fox Corp. - WTOP News

Well, that's huge.
    His son taking over is known to be less right-leaning and more supportive of middle of the road perspectives, if not considering progressive.
    However, until RM dies, as chair emeritus, he'll have serious influence...there won't be a radical shift.

But...Fox is already showing to pull away from the radical stuff and pundits
    Murdoch has rotted the whole tree of the US and other nations in the essence of making more $$$

I guess something is better than nothing.
    Other radical right media will take on the effort, but they don't have the knack that Murdoch had to build something seriously influential.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  13. Chris Noyb

https://www.salon.com/2023/09/28/donald-thrill-ride-is-nearly-over--but-the-media-wont-let-him-go/

I don't agree that the press is underreporting NPD Trump's illegal activities, but do agree reporting what he says without challenging in the name of fairness & balance is BS.

When you must report shit, identify it as shit.

When you know you're being fed misinformation and/or outright lies don't help spread it.

Drag the silent consenters into the spotlight. Don't let the quiet politicians who support the liars & the lies remain practically anonymous.

Report the selective blindness and ass dragging by people who could and should be doing something.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. rogue49

https://www.salon.com/2023/09/28/donald-thrill-ride-is-nearly-over--but-the-media-wont-let-him-go/

THIS

The media is part of the problem.
    It isn't that they are cowards though...it's $$$
    They're greedy.
    If it bleeds, it leads...and T is a walking megaphone and says outlandish things. (and the MAGA crazies too)

Meanwhile the adults in the room get nothing or just puffs of air with brief articles hidden amongst the weeds.

To give them the benefit of the doubt, they so have to supply a 24/7 international internet driven cycle now.
    BUT...they should still take some responsibility and push "the right thing" and call out LIES. (or at least, don't post BS) :oops:

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Chris Noyb

Great minds :rolleyes:...or something :eek:.

16. rogue49

I must be going crazy...I didn't even remember that. :confused: (and I liked it)
    My apologies for the overlap.

That or all the damn media is starting to blur together.
    I'm going numb. :oops:

17. Chris Noyb

No problem here. You usually bring up some points I didn't, and vice-versa.

Also the linked x 2 article is a good read.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Chris Noyb

From another thread.

I'm guessing part of it is magawhiners complaining about the 'disproportionate' amount of negative press re NPD Trump.

Yes, the reporting certainly is disproportionate because Biden has list of mistakes while NPD Trump has a book of unethical and illegal activities. That's no reason to misrepresent and inflate Biden's actions.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. rogue49

20. Chris Noyb

The sooner (noticeable), or later (small piece by small piece) will be interesting to see...but when news is intentionally withheld we don't notice it.

Edit for interesting note: The WP announcement is (at least the one I sort of briefly saw) behind a pay wall. That says something about the WP.

Last edited: Nov 5, 2023