1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

Politics The 4th Estate - Media....is it truth or fiction? TFP pundits will examine.

Discussion in 'Tilted Philosophy, Politics, and Economics' started by rogue49, Nov 5, 2012.

1. Chris Noyb

Chris Noyb Get in, buckle up, hang on, & be quiet.

Opinion: When Will Reporters Stand Up To Donald Trump?

Good luck with that.

The news media, comedians, talk show hosts, losers on internet forums, etc wouldn't know what to do if NPD Trump, minus his legal issues, were to turn into a thoughtful and sincerely concerned (in a logical way) candidate for POTUS.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. rogue49

rogue49 Tech Kung Fu Artist Staff Member

Frankly, they're mostly polite to guests, letting them grandstand.
    It's rare by comparison to go after them, which they should.

IMHO, they're also not used to someone who lies so much...they don't know how to take it. (Probably why Santos got away with it so long)

And there's the being "fair to both sides" onus that media caters to often. (unless they have an agenda like Fox for ratings and $$$)

Lastly, there's an absurd amount of over-respect and fawning to any prez. As if they're royalty.

Chump knows all this and takes advantage.
    Plus his handlers always get "rules" set up ahead of time. (what they can and cannot ask)

3. Chris Noyb

What I would give to see NPD Trumps forced to sit through a serious interview where he was not allowed to give spin answers and was not allowed to leave early.*

I sincerely hope that NPD Trump takes the stand, esp in the documents, and Jan 06, trials, and has a massive A Few Good Men meltdown.

*CBS used to play the short clip of Leslie Stahl asking "Is he coming back?." She sounds like a clueless shit-for-brains.

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. Chris Noyb

• Like Like x 1
  5. Chris Noyb

• Informative Informative x 1
  6. rogue49

News site editor’s ties to Iran, Russia show misinformation’s complexity

I put this in media, because it is becoming pervasive throughout...not just the US, but in the western nations
    And not just from Iran and Russia...but any opposition government and group. (China, NK, terrorists, criminals, anyone with an agenda)
    The motto is, "Chaos to the enemy".
    And they're cooperating together.

Y'think AI concept is bad...this is done through layers and they WANT confusion. Not just by "accident".
    Add cryptocurrency in to cover tracks, it's even worse.

They're going to start have to make "transparency laws", like they do with political ads.
    State up front, where the info is from, who is sponsoring it and if it's approved from who you think it's from.
    THEN enforce it, consistently...with severe penalties and/or jail.

It's the only way to keep the truth...and who is feeding info.

And maybe this trend will catch on throughout, I'd hope. There's been an increase of fishy info in everything these days.
    Let's make being honest a value again. Increase integrity.

Otherwise, we'll go mad. :confused:

7. rogue49

8. Chris Noyb

I wonder if Bob Woodward has made any comments about the new TWP?

• Winner Winner x 1
  9. rogue49

Inside the culture clash upending the Washington Post

I know Katherine Graham is rolling over in her grave.

Bezos so far let WaPo be the iconic paper that it is...or is he now tired of losing money?
    If the former, the Lewis will likely be gone...can't have rep destroyed and rebellion in the ranks.
    But if it's the latter, Lewis is going nowhere. And there will likely be a purge.

IMHO, it's already changed...which is why I let my subscription lapse.

10. Chris Noyb

A link in the above story gives deeper look at Will Lewis*:

Post publisher draws more scrutiny after newsroom shake-up

https://www.washingtonpost.com/styl...r-draws-more-scrutiny-after-newsroom-shakeup/

I don't think many of us in the US quite grasp the depth of the Murdoch phone hacking scandal in the UK. Which means Will Lewis' ties to Murdoch & the scandal aren't really understood or appreciated, in the negative sense.

* The story showed for me...this time...but might be behind a paywall.

• Like Like x 1
  11. rogue49

How much of the drop in traffic to right-wing sites is Facebook’s fault?

Interesting.
    Good that FB did, IMHO. My question is why???
    Musk is obviously very right-oriented, so he's manipulating X/Twitter to cater to them.

But there's no apparent political bent to Zuckerberg, ceo of FB's parent company Meta,
    so he's doesn't seem to have an agenda...other than perhaps keep FB neutral and out of the culture wars.

Things that make ya say hmmm...

But hey, I'm glad they're staying out of it...there's enough muddying the waters.

12. Chris Noyb

Article won't open.
    I won't download the app.

If FB is keeping a lid on magaspin sites, that works for me ;).

Just as long as it's allowing liberal brainwashing sites :eek: :D.