1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

The all about Bicycling thread

Discussion in 'Tilted Gear' started by Zweiblumen, Sep 17, 2011.

1. Japchae

Japchae Very Tilted

Butt'r? Really cool head wrap thing to wear under his helmet? A dinosaur sticker so he always has his baby girl along for the ride?

2. redravin

redravin Cynical Optimist Donor

If he rides at night at all, I'm sure you worry about him.
    This will kill two birds with one stone.
    You won't have to worry about him and you will have got him the coolest present ever.
    Disco lights for his tires.
    I always want to make sure everybody can see me for miles around when I ride at night and leds are perfect.

Brightz, Ltd. Blue Wheel Brightz LED Bicycle Light | Amazon.com

3. fflowley

fflowley Don't just do something, stand there!

I would like a really nice cycling bell for my handlebars.
    Can't search Amazon right now but I would try to find a nice brass cycling bell.

4. @noodle was super helpful.

She directed me to some Marvel jerseys. I thought a Thor one would be best, but it wasn't prime and thus wouldn't get to me in time unless I wanted to break my rule of not paying too much for a silly present. I did find a tshirt that looks like Thor's armor. DaddySquirrel knows that Thor is my boyfriend, so i thought it would be funny if he had a Thor jersey. Very naughty for Valentine's day if I can get him to wear it in the bedroom.. ;-)

Not Cycling related at all...but I'm thinking of getting the Jersey for him for his Birthday in August.

• Like Like x 2
  5. DamnitAll

DamnitAll Wait... what?

It's not on Amazon Prime, but if he doesn't already have one I would highly recommend getting DaddySquirrel a Road ID (

Road ID - World Leaders in Runner ID, Cycling ID & Medical ID Tags

). It's a supremely functional gift as well as a perfect way to show him how much you love him.

I personally have the WristID Slim and I wear it all the time. If he's already got a FitBit, they make a RoadID badge that will slip on right over the FitBit band.

And I can send you a free shipping code and a coupon code, too, if you'd like.
    --- merged: Feb 9, 2016 at 1:47 PM ---
    Spurcycle: better bicycle bells and other enduring bike accessories.

Nicest, most badass bicycle bell I've ever owned. Highly recommend.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 16, 2016
    • Like Like x 1
  6. These are so useful and practical! I like the WristID. He does worry me when he's out on the road. Where it says who the emergency contact is, i want to write LOVA

A coupon code would be the shit.

7. DamnitAll

DamnitAll Wait... what?

I've got it at my house so I'll have to get it to you later this evening, if that's okay!

8. Sigh. I guess. ;-)

• Like Like x 1
  9. I randomly got one when I was clicking around. They have my email address forever now, but they would have when I went to pay.

Thanks for the tip. I got one for BabyDaddy, me and ToddlerSquirrel....you never know.....
    --- merged: Feb 9, 2016 at 5:05 PM ---
    Thanks again @damnitall They donate a portion of their proceeds to 12 different charities...one of those charities with the National MS Society!

10. Japchae

Japchae Very Tilted

I got one of those for Hubs but he doesn't ride much any more. Most of the Florida riders have the ones that clip on your shoes. The Wimmer ones are the shit.

• Like Like x 1
  11. DamnitAll

DamnitAll Wait... what?

Good—I was going to suggest that! :)

• Like Like x 1
  12. DamnitAll

DamnitAll Wait... what?

[​IMG]

Fuck yeah.

• Like Like x 3
  13. Japchae

Japchae Very Tilted

14. fflowley

Hot hot bike.
    Talk to me about that brake/shifter set up.
    And is that a Brooks saddle you're sporting?

15. DamnitAll

DamnitAll Wait... what?

It is indeed a Brooks. The shifter/brake lever setup is the IRD power ratchet brake lever with Shimano bar con shifters. I'd been looking for something as ergonomically optimal as an STI setup, but the gear ratio I wanted for this particular ride wouldn't have worked with STIs, not to mention the tendency for STIs to get banged up or jammed and be less easily repairable on the road or the trail. I'm totally loving them so far!

16. fflowley

If you ever wanted more permanent fenders on there I bet hammered Honjos would look really sharp.
    You've got an awesome bike there.
    If you ever want to come ride it on dirt roads in upstate NY let me know.

17. DamnitAll

DamnitAll Wait... what?

Now that is definitely tempting!

18. omega

omega Very Tilted

Have you ever ridden the trails on shaeffer farm in germantown? That used to be my old riding place because it was only 1.5 miles from my old house. It's kind of busy but not a bad little area. Doesn't cover any big loops but it interconnects and uses the space as best as possible.

19. DamnitAll

DamnitAll Wait... what?

I have, and I love 'em!