1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

The all about Bicycling thread

Discussion in 'Tilted Gear' started by Zweiblumen, Sep 17, 2011.

1. Charlatan

Charlatan sous les pavés, la plage

I just confirmed that I will be riding in the Afan Forest Park in Wales in about three week's time. I am stoked.

Afan Forest Park

I was going to bring my own bike but it was turning into a hassle so I am going to rent. Regardless, I can't wait!

• Like Like x 1
  2. Charlatan

Charlatan sous les pavés, la plage

The ride in the Afan Valley was excellent.

Amusingly, when I packed for the trip I tossed my riding stuff into my bad without a second thought: shorts, shirt, shoes and camel-bak. As soon as I hit London I realized my mistake... it was fricken cold! I had brought the stuff I wear when riding on the equator. Holy crap it was cold.

Thankfully I managed to get to a decent bike shop who were happy to sell me warm clothes. And warm clothes were needed! In the parking lot, as we were getting our bikes set up, it started to rain frozen stuff from the sky. I haven't seen sleet in many (many!) years. Thankfully it didn't last and we were off.

The ride was a tonne of fun. The warm gear did its job and I was able to enjoy the trails. The first trail was a 450m climb with an excellent down hill section that as flowing like butter. Just thinking about it makes me want to go again. The second trail was longer and equal in its climb, but stretched out over a much greater distance it wasn't as punishing a climb as the first.

I am looking forward to doing this again.

• Like Like x 6