1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

The Angry Uteri of TFP

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Japchae, May 6, 2014.

1. Japchae

Japchae Very Tilted

We've had menstruation threads before (why can't I see that word without pronouncing it in my head
    as men-stroooo-a-shuunnn, like my health teacher did in middle school?).
    But, this is a little different.
    I'm dedicating this thread to the Angry Uteri of the TFP.
    Yes, I anthropomorphize my uterus.

To stimulate conversation, let your uterus speak!

What does yours want?
    Mine wants chocolate lately; the darker, the better. And alcohol... preferable a Belgian trippel or a lovely Pinot Noir, not too oaky or dry. Sleep, yoga, cuddles, a good cry, and carbs.

How often does it stir?
    Not everyone is regular. I'm hormonally regulated because my system is a beast. So on the fourth day of my inactive pills, Angry Uterus raises his ugly head. He begins to stir at about the middle of the third week of the pack. It triggers something in my brain... the frustration and irritation tolerance drops, my weight goes up a little, and the sarcasm filter slips a little.

How active is it?
    By the first day of the Communist Invasion, I want to kill everyone. By day two, I'm much nicer, but it's because Angry Uterus wants comfort. I'm not heavy enough to drain the life force, and rarely have to use a plug any more. But, it's enough to make me bruise and crave iron-infused fuel. Like red meat. I could consume an entire cow a few days before, through a few days into the Invasion. Angry U becomes a face-hugger the day before, and a piranha by days one and two. This usually subsides by day three or four. If I give it what it wants.

How does your SO handle it? Or your family? Anything YOU do differently?
    Mine typically gets irritated with me, until he understands that the Communists have arrived in the Fun House. He'll get grumpy, but I enjoy providing him with oral satisfaction, so it's not too bad. I've never asked him to go pick up supplies or fulfill my cravings, but he has been known to come home with a bottle of wine without mentioning why on day -1 or -2. I have learned to get a grip on the fact that several days a month, I'm going to need to work really, really hard on controlling myself. And that I need to focus on yoga, sleep, hydration, and give in when it's really bad... ibuprofen, heat, alcohol, whatever.

Any other side effects of the Angry Uterus' presence in your life?
    I get flaky. My ADHD goes off the charts. This is why I've been hormonally regulated (with the exception of a three month trial without, to explore what Life With Clamped Fallopian Tubes would be like... NO) since I was 14. That and the ripping/searing pains two weeks out of the month and major PMS symptoms. Depo was fun... I got PMDD and almost got myself dumped, gained 30 lbs, and wanted to kill my now-husband daily during that other three month period. I've pretty much gotten the AU as under control as I ever will. But, I will always have to be on it. My mom came off the hormones at 54 and found out she was in full-blown menopause. I'm soooo looking forward to this. :/

So, how about yours? Guys, feel free to chime in about your SO's AU... this is an equal opportunity bitch-fest about the female reproductive system!

2. My uterus hasn't been angry since a baby was ripped from it a few months ago.

I shall return to this thread if the Angry Uterus attacks again.

3. snowy

snowy so kawaii Staff Member

Despite having a Mirena and basically no period, the Angry Uterus still stops by every once in a while. There are no warning signs. It just shows up suddenly, feels as if I've been lanced in the gut with a hot knife, and then I want a cheeseburger and ice cream. My husband is the best--he will go to the store for me and buy me whatever I crave (within reason--no meat). I've got a year left on the Mirena, so the Angry Uterus visits are starting to be more regular. I usually curl up in bed if I can, take ibuprofen, and use a heating pad. I also get mittelschmerz bad.

The bizarre thing about the Mirena is that I will sometimes get PMS-like symptoms without any period-like symptoms afterward. I will just have a day where I don't know why I'm upset. It took me a while to figure out that that happened.

Despite all that, the Mirena is awesome. The pain is far less than it was when I was on regular BC.

4. Plan9

Plan9 Rock 'n Roll

Yeaaah, this graphic I did up for Noodle / Zombie Squirrel in like 2009 never gets old:

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 4
  5. Japchae

Japchae Very Tilted

It's my favorite. Ever.

6. Mad artistic skills.

7. Plan9

Plan9 Rock 'n Roll

Vagina-Full-of-Teeth'd!

Uterus-Migraine'd!

Angry-Gaze-Ovaries'd

8. genuinemommy

genuinemommy Moderator Staff Member

I am comforted by the fact that I have my perfect littlegirly and I can get my angry uterus removed without regret should it become burdensome again.

It used to be impossibly frustrating. Now it is not. Lactation hormones are great for that.

• Like Like x 1
  9. redravin

redravin Cynical Optimist Donor

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 4
  10. RedSneaker

RedSneaker Very Tilted

It's starting. I can feel the change in my mood and perception. I hate this part. I know it will only last a few days, but The things I think and feel in those few days are awful.

And, on top of that I'm going to a swimwear fitting event for work. Yes, that's just what I want to do today. I'll go, but I'm not trying on suits. Nooo way.

• Like Like x 2
  11. Dionysus

Dionysus New Member

Mine used to be like an angry volcano! I had an endometrial ablation (Novosure) procedure earlier this year, and now it is dormant. Like Mirena it took me a few months to get used to the PMS symptoms without the flow. I considered Mirena but I was done having children and did not want the hormonal side effects. So far it is has been fantastic!

12. Japchae

Japchae Very Tilted

I pondered the ablation, but there is still a chance of getting pregnant at my age, with disastrous results. And, I need to manage the PMS symptoms, too. I'm glad to hear from someone who had it done. I've heard horror stories. I love my Sprintec for now. I'm at the end of the first week of pills and AU has been blissfully quiet. Don't wake it...

• Like Like x 1
  13. RedSneaker

RedSneaker Very Tilted

Sprinter is my BC of choice, too!! Can't handle anything else.

14. GeneticShift

GeneticShift Show me your everything is okay face.

My uterus started being angry. I just realized I left my cup and backup supplies at home. Hoping the flood gates hold until I sneak out early.

15. rogue49

rogue49 Tech Kung Fu Artist Staff Member

Oh woe is us, to deal with these vessels we've been given.

To deal with the devil, who is no devil...and yet a blessing.

I bestow my deepest sympathies...I do truly wish there was an alternative to this periodic burden.
    Ironically, it means life.

16. RedSneaker

RedSneaker Very Tilted

Here come the breakouts! Weeeeeee!

17. Japchae

Japchae Very Tilted

No life shall sprout forth from this Angry Uterus. That's non-negotiable. Grrr.... Missed a pill on Saturday and the face hugger stirred. Not cool. It was ONE DAY.

• Like Like x 1
  18. amonkie

amonkie Very Tilted

I think there may be something to girls who stick together, bleed together. Or something like that. Cause I am feeling your pain Geneticshift! Glad I have a bottle of wine and some pain pills.

My AU used to be regular as clockwork unless there was something going on that was SUPER SPECIAL and the worst possible time for a visit from the red communists, in which case it will come earlier or later - ie the middle of my wedding (I swear my AU is sentient).

Last 2 years, it's been totally wonk due to stress and weight fluctations, shifting things out from every month to every other month. Latest stretch was almost 5 months before things finally woke back up in there. Weirdest sensation to feel the hormones build and build for months on end with no release. My poor husband.

• Like Like x 3
  19. snowy

snowy so kawaii Staff Member

I blame this thread for bringing on an attack.

20. Japchae

Japchae Very Tilted

Angry Uteri have lives of their own. There is no blame on this thread ;)

• Like Like x 1