1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

Food The Bacon Thread

Discussion in 'Tilted Food' started by Leto, Sep 26, 2011.

1. Leto

Leto Slightly Tilted

Truth.

I've had friends and family, from as far away as Vancouver, make a beeline for the St Lawrence Market upon their arrival in town. Just to get that peameal sandwich.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Well it looks like I will fit in just fine here. :D

• Like Like x 3
  3. Funkylamb

Funkylamb New Member

My wife made this for our friend for Christmas. Chocolate Coverd Bacon with Peanut Butter Drizzle accompanied by the Smoked Maple Knob Creek.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 4, 2014
    • Like Like x 2
  4. hamsterball

hamsterball Seeking New Outlets

I'd eat a freaking Brillo pad if it was wrapped in bacon.....or covered in chocolate......or both.....

• Like Like x 1
  5. AlwaysCurious

AlwaysCurious Vertical

Utterly mindblown. I need to try that, haha. I've just eaten and I feel hungry again reading this.
    I love bacon, but I think there are limits, example: bacon soap, just google it.

6. RedSneaker

RedSneaker Very Tilted

Bacon Soap brings all the boys to the yard? Maybe...

• Like Like x 1
  7. AlwaysCurious

AlwaysCurious Vertical

pahahaha!
    --- merged: May 20, 2014 at 5:07 PM ---
    hamsterball - chocolate and bacon sounds like a combo waaay too good to be true

Last edited by a moderator: May 27, 2014
  8. snowy

snowy so kawaii Staff Member

Not my boy. Well, maybe even then. He doesn't mind the smell of it, but I'm pretty sure he'd be disgusted by the prospect of bacon soap.

9. RedSneaker

RedSneaker Very Tilted

Oh, I'm pretty disgusted myself.

10. Borla

Borla Moderator Staff Member

@RedSneaker asked for some pics of Candied Bacon. I am making some tonight, so I figured this was an appropriate thread for the pics.

Here is how I make it.

Take a foil casserole type dish (I use foil because you will basically ruin a good one if you put it over fire), a couple pounds of thick cut bacon, brown sugar (I use both light and dark, alternating by layer), and chipolte pepper powder. Sometimes I also use cayenne pepper, or both. Today I used both and alternated by layer, same as the dark/light brown sugar.

Put a layer of brown sugar in the bottom of the pan, and sprinkle a small amount (teaspoon or less) of the pepper powder on top.

[​IMG]

Place strips of bacon on top of that layer. Put them close together, but not overlapping if you can help it.
    [​IMG]

Put another layer of brown sugar and pepper powder down.

[​IMG]

Keep doing this until the pan is full or you have used all the bacon. I can fit maybe 6 layers in a pan. The more layers the lower the temps and longer you should smoke it.

Once it looks like this it is ready for the smoker:

[​IMG]

I will smoke it at 275* or so for an hour or two, depending on how thick I layered the bacon. About 3/4 of the way through I will start turning the bacon and mixing it up. I'll try to get more pics in a couple hours when I throw it on. :)

• Like Like x 3
  11. Borla

After 20-30 mins on the smoker.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  12. RedSneaker

RedSneaker Very Tilted

Drool! I am so jelly right now. Thanks for the pics, Fancy You-know-what ;)

• Like Like x 1
  13. Borla

Get here in the next hour or two and I'll save you some. :p

14. RedSneaker

RedSneaker Very Tilted

Wait, where's here? Is that even do-able? Are you setting me up to fail? Damn you, @Borla!!!

• Like Like x 1
  15. Borla

I believe I'm about 700 miles north-northwest of you.

16. hamsterball

hamsterball Seeking New Outlets

Dammit Borla, you're torturing me. That looks like all kinds of awesome!

17. Borla

Getting close to being done...

[​IMG]

Sometimes I'll take it out of the pan for the last bit. If so, I flash it on the grill for 30-60 seconds per side to finish the caramelization. :cool:

• Like Like x 1
  18. RedSneaker

RedSneaker Very Tilted

Tease!

• Like Like x 1
  19. ralphie250

ralphie250 Fully Erect Donor

@borla I'm be there soon. Save me some

• Like Like x 1
  20. RedSneaker

RedSneaker Very Tilted

You'd better not be on your way without picking me up first, mister.

• Like Like x 2