1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

Food The Bacon Thread

Discussion in 'Tilted Food' started by Leto, Sep 26, 2011.

1. hamsterball

hamsterball Seeking New Outlets

--- merged: Jun 6, 2014 at 8:53 PM ---

I'd do it, but I don't think I could trust myself....;)

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 13, 2014
  2. RedSneaker

RedSneaker Very Tilted

Do with me what you will! Muhahaha!

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 13, 2014
    • Like Like x 1
  3. ralphie250

ralphie250 Fully Erect Donor

You'd be my first stop on the way :)

• Like Like x 1
  4. ralphie250

ralphie250 Fully Erect Donor

Dint temp me. Lol

5. RedSneaker

RedSneaker Very Tilted

@borla SHOW ME THE BACON!!

6. Borla

Borla Moderator Staff Member

You are going to hate me. I sometimes finish it on the grill for a few seconds. So I have a pic of that, but I didn't get any after. Everyone started showing up and I got distracted.

Here is the last shot I snapped.

[​IMG]

7. RedSneaker

RedSneaker Very Tilted

I'm not gonna hate you. You're Mr. Fancy Pants!

Looks good. Yummy.

• Like Like x 2
  8. hamsterball

hamsterball Seeking New Outlets

In that case, we're gonna be a little late for the bacon......

Muhahaha.

9. RedSneaker

RedSneaker Very Tilted

::giggles::

• Like Like x 1
  10. Baraka_Guru

Baraka_Guru Möderätor Staff Member

My SO has gotten me double-smoked bacon a few times now (yes, I am loved).

I'm having a difficult time finding methods of cooking it in the oven on its own (mostly its added to recipes). One site suggested 350F for 20 minutes. I know it would depend on the thickness, but these slices are pretty "standard" (somewhat thick despite being so smoked/rendered of its fat).

I guess I'm wondering if I should try lower temperatures or something. I'm trying to avoid burning it, I guess.

Any advice? Anyone work with this glorious stuff before?

11. Charlatan

Charlatan sous les pavés, la plage

I usually lay the bacon between two baking sheets and roast at 200c until done.

Just peek at 10, 15 and 20. You know how you like your bacon. Take it out when it's done.

• Like Like x 1
  12. snowy

snowy so kawaii Staff Member

I also bake my bacon. I use Alton Brown's method.

13. Baraka_Guru

Baraka_Guru Möderätor Staff Member

See, I was looking for unconventional techniques because double-smoked bacon has lower moisture. I think something like what @Charlatan posted will work well.

14. Leto

Leto Slightly Tilted

If I don't put it on the Weber (on a sheet of foil) I broil it. And that's what I've been doing for the past month due to the minus 25 degree temps out there:

I line a baking sheet with foil, lay out a full pack of bacon and then place it on the top rack of the oven and broil on high. About 5 mins in I (sometimes) flip it, but if I forget, I don't have to. It cooks nicely crisped and no splatter. As I worked the breakfast shift in the Holiday Inn kitchen and cooked many hundreds of trays of bacon in this manner, it is still my preferred (indoor) way to do it. Just don't walk a way and forget it, they will crisp up too nothing.

(by the way, Maple Leaf has reduced the size of its pack of bacon to 375 g. what is up with that? It's the same price but much less than a pound. sometimes I can find a pack of President's choice at the old size)

Last edited: Feb 23, 2015
  15. redravin

redravin Cynical Optimist Donor

I worked at a restaurant where we deep fried ours.
    You probably don't have a fryer but it takes a couple of minutes in a fryer to make crisp, juicy bacon.

16. I accidentally ate bacon the other night. Well, it was in my mouth but I didn't swallow. ;-)

I was picking at BabySquirrel's leftovers and saw what I thought was a tomato from her soup. Nope. It was bacon. Bleh.

Carry on with your love of the stuff.

17. Borla

Borla Moderator Staff Member

You came this/close to being accidentally awesome...

• Like Like x 3
  18. Japchae

Japchae Very Tilted

You know you're *always* supposed to swallow, right. Spitting is so gauche.

• Like Like x 5