1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

The Complaining and Bitching Thread

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by ASU2003, Jan 14, 2013.

1. Knight Templar

Knight Templar Holy Warrior

I am sick of all this bitching............[​IMG]

2. Cayvmann

Cayvmann Very Tilted

Try Any Whey protein powder. It's flavorless, so you can add whatever to it you want. Juice, milk, etc. I mix chocolate milk with mine. Tastes much better than dragon semen. Well, the last time I had dragon semen it wasn't as good as chocolate milk...

3. Baraka_Guru

Baraka_Guru Möderätor Staff Member

You're forgetting: 9er's like a buck fifty. He needs to pack 50 more pounds on his frame before he can feel adequate.

If he goes that route, he'd need to add a couple scoops of maltodextrin to it, and maybe a liberal amount of Nesquik or something. I'd also suggest he add a couple tablespoons of coconut oil and blend the shit out of it all. It shouldn't taste too bad.

4. Cayvmann

Cayvmann Very Tilted

Ferk and be damned. The wife has just told me that we are going to one of her coworkers house this Saturday evening so that they can do some collaborative work and the husbands and kids can eat and play. I'm anticipating a lot of talk about how Obama is the devil and guns will save us all... Hooray rural south.

I really don't like these impromptu get-togethers. - dash - dash - or is it a minus - or is it a hyphen - I don't care, really

• Like Like x 2
  5. CinnamonGirl

CinnamonGirl The Cheat is GROUNDED!

mmmm, dragon semen.

I use a soy protein powder. I got chocolate flavored the last time, and mix it with water...it tastes a lot like Yoohoo, to be honest.

I am SO TIRED of not seeing the sun. I'm sick of winter, period. April cannot get here fast enough.

6. Cayvmann

Cayvmann Very Tilted

There's lots of calories in whole milk ( and it's delicious ) and don't forget the chocolate syrup. Juice is the same, if you're just looking for calories. I've seen some people who swear that mixing in oatmeal for bulk is good, but I tried it once. just once.

I'm personally down from about 2 fiddy, so I no longer drink these things as extra meals. I replace an occasional meal with them, when I'm too tired to cook.

7. Baraka_Guru

Are you SO TIRED of getting all that snow dumped on you, with all the slush and the freezing and the thawing and the refreezing and the sleet and the snow and the slush?

Yeah, I thought so. :D

8. CinnamonGirl

CinnamonGirl The Cheat is GROUNDED!

Hey, there's a reason I moved south, y'know ;)

And to quote a former coworker of mine: "In Montana, you'd be in snow up to your ass, but at least the sun was shining."

• Like Like x 1
  9. Baraka_Guru

Oh, whole milk is okay for calories, but maltodextrin is all carbs and coconut oil is all fat. We need to pack in the calories here. 9er should use whole milk, but also add in all that good stuff to really ramp up his game.

I've processed oats in a coffee grinder before blending it in smoothies. If you make thicker smoothies, it works just fine. It can get sludgy in more watery mixes. It's a great idea though. I'd actually recommend that over the maltodextrin, which is empty calories vs. that goodness of oats.

• Like Like x 1
  10. :mad: Productive day now coming to a screeching halt for an hour of web meetings :mad:

11. Cayvmann

Cayvmann Very Tilted

I used my Ninja to process the oats. They were a fine powder before I mixed the rest of the shake, but I let the shake sit and ended up drinking a gritty, slimy mush at the end. Might have been alright had I drunk it directly after mixing.

12. Fangirl

Fangirl Very Tilted

Haha. You guys are comedians...or at least you try. ;)
    --- merged: Feb 28, 2013 6:02 PM ---
    I just got dis-invited to my son's 30th surprise birthday party. Just bought my dress last night. He found out about the party and demanded that no adult be present. Fine. His present won't be present, either.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 7, 2013
    • Like Like x 3
  13. Cayvmann

Cayvmann Very Tilted

I'd like to add here that at the grand old age of 20 I decided to pack on some mass by drinking some high calorie shake. It worked, but I got hurt and couldn't lift for a while, then I got fat, and that stayed with me for 20+ years, even after I started lifting and working out again. If I had to do it all over again, I'd just up my calories a little at a time, and wait and see.

14. snowy

snowy so kawaii Staff Member

Grumble grumble...the gods of the Internet will likely think that I want to buy an iPad after searching for tips and tricks to show my techno-incapable parents. Why is it that the techno-incapable buy things like iPads and then STILL can't manage to figure them out? Seriously.

15. Speed_Gibson

Speed_Gibson Hacking the Gibson

This april I turn a young 111 according to my profile here.

16. Plan9

Plan9 Rock 'n Roll

Had an old pistol light with an incan bulb made by Insight Technologies. Bought a brand new LED upgrade bezel for a pistol light made by Insight Technologies.

The fucking threads don't line up.

*palmface*

17. Fremen

Fremen Allright, who stole my mustache?

When I first read "pistol light" ^ I had an image of the shotgun lamp from "The Great Outdoors".
    I went to GIS it and found this, too.

[​IMG]

18. Plan9

Plan9 Rock 'n Roll

Good movie but not quite.

So, yeah, lesson learned:

I tell ya, it's almost like there is no point to upgrading a lot of things today. If it's more than a year old you're better off just buying the current model.

19. Speed_Gibson

Speed_Gibson Hacking the Gibson

But they're so cute, despite looking just like me. Of course I was hoping for the "boy" model for at least one of them though.

20. *Nikki*

*Nikki* Slightly Tilted

You would think with enough hours spent with the device it would all become clear.