1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

The Complaining and Bitching Thread

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by ASU2003, Jan 14, 2013.

1. rogue49

rogue49 Tech Kung Fu Artist Staff Member

Have you ever got the feeling you've managed to annoy and piss everyone off???
    But they're not telling you...

Or is it everyone is just *grumpy* from the holidays?
    Nah, you've screwed the pooch...face it.

Ok, what the hell do I need to do get the right side of everyone??
    I know...STFU...but that doesn't come natural for me.

*sigh*
    The bane of being a talkative sincere cocky extrovert... (yes, I know what I am...I know that annoys you that I know and am willing to say it out loud)
    Fuck it.

I'm just going to have fun and rest.
    It's the friggin' holidays.

I'll fix the world "next year" :rolleyes:

2. snowy

snowy so kawaii Staff Member

My mother in law texted my husband this morning to say I didn't need to bring the vegetarian dish I always bring (I've been responsible for it for over ten years) as she was getting a vegetarian lasagna instead. This is after I spent time and money to get the ingredients to make a spinach pie.

I'm really fucking upset right now. This woman does not seem to comprehend how hurtful this is. I enjoy cooking for a crowd.

I basically told my husband that if he can't straighten this out, I'm not doing Christmas. Half of my joy in the holiday is in feeding other people. It's really not the same if I don't get to see other people enjoy my cooking.

I know it sounds petulant, but we just went through this at Thanksgiving, and the lady does not seem to comprehend that I don't want to compete with store-bought. I win every time, but it feels like a waste of energy and effort, and it seems like she doesn't understand ME.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Fangirl

Fangirl Very Tilted

Sincere sympathies, my dear. Your MIL is insensitive. This last-minute text is borderline rude. All I can offer is consider the source and that I would totally dig in to your yummy-sounding spinach pie.

• Like Like x 1
  4. redux

redux Very Tilted

pixel.jpg
    I traded in my G4 for a Pixel and, with the trade-in ($100) and a $50 gift certificate (from Google office in DC), I got the Pixel for less than $500 with no contract and a voucher for the Google Daydream VR headset.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Japchae

Japchae Very Tilted

I'd totally bring it anyway and watch people choose it over some random lasagna. Family is such a pain in the ass!

• Like Like x 3
  6. snowy

He straightened it out. I honestly wish she'd just let me cook everything. The stuffing she made at Thanksgiving was cold mush. Then, too, she insisted on store-bought pumpkin pie, which nobody ate.

Talking with another friend yesterday, she immediately identified that I was hurt because it feels like my mother in law doesn't know me if she thinks I wouldn't want to cook. Anyone who knows me even a bit knows cooking is my favorite hobby.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Lindy

Lindy Moderator Staff Member

Got caught out in a thunderstorm this afternoon (yes, in Lincoln, NE, on Christmas Day) three blocks from the car. Absolutely soaked. Got caught in another thunderstorm last weekend in Columbus, Ohio. I think they are targeting me.:mad:

• Like Like x 2
  8. rogue49

Amazing how many people can't see the obvious...
    Even really smart people. :rolleyes:

9. rogue49

BTW, you might be a thunder goddess and just don't know it.
    I think I read that somewhere... :)

• Like Like x 1
  10. cynthetiq

cynthetiq Administrator Staff Member Donor

IMG_1700.JPG

• Like Like x 2
  11. Lindy

Lindy Moderator Staff Member

Really, what are the odds of getting caught out in not one, but two thunderstorms in the bleak December midwestern winter.

12. *Nikki*

*Nikki* Slightly Tilted

It sucks getting older as a woman. I feel like I've lost some of my mojo and don't really know how to reclaim it. Where as men age they seem to get better....it's just so unfair.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

13. cynthetiq

cynthetiq Administrator Staff Member Donor

I dunno. I feel like I lost a lot of mojo these days and equally don't know how to reclaim it.

14. Fangirl

Fangirl Very Tilted

It does suck getting older. I find some perspective in pondering the alternative.

• Like Like x 1
  15. snowy

I think I'm getting a cold.

16. Interviewing for my first teaching job (Part time adjunct) at a local college next week...I've been wanting to teach for what seems like forever. I'm currently an Information Security Manager at a large financial services organization full time. The VP and CTO have asked me how I felt about the CISO position in a couple of years. My career is definitely in an upswing at the moment. I've spoken at a couple of events and recently started writing my first technical book...After the second chapter, I stopped.

As of 12/25/2016, I have lost all passion, interest and drive. I spent Christmas out of town and went back to work on Tuesday. I feel extremely fortunate that mostly everyone is out on vacation and we are in a change freeze because I feel extremely off. I've been avoiding the wife and kids, coming in from the office and going straight to sleep. Tomorrow I'm working from home and I'm 100% certain my wife is going to corner me and ask me what the hell is my problem....And there lies my problem...I have no fucking clue. I just know I have 7 days to get my shit together or else I'm going to miss out on something I've wanted since at least high school.

• Like Like x 1
  17. snowy

Okay, I'm pretty sure my MIL has no taste in food. We ordered the same dish at dinner tonight, a pork roulade stuffed with sage, prosciutto, and Swiss, with a barley risotto. It was delicious. She thought it was a frankfurter at first...and just okay.

This is actually helpful.

• Like Like x 1
  18. redravin

redravin Cynical Optimist Donor

I've been sick with a head cold for going on four days now.
    It has gotten progressively worse so I'm coughing up my lungs and my head feels like it's stuffed full of cotton, hay and rags.
    I went to the doctor and he says it isn't the flu so there's that but I'm still sick.
    Blarghh!

19. fflowley

fflowley Don't just do something, stand there!

F**K.
    Been driving for 30 years and today I got my first ticket ever.
    Speeding.
    I probably was.
    It was at the entrance to a village area, on a high speed state road where the limit drops from 55 to 35 as you enter the village.
    I think I just didn't notice the drop in limit when I passed the sign.
    Damn that pisses me off.

• Like Like x 1
  20. rogue49

Have you ever walked away from "a sure thing"??
    I did last night.

Perhaps she past my hot vs. crazy threshold. Don't know.
    No alarm bells...but my spider sense was tingling in subtle ways
    ...or was it my now more experienced moral core?
    ...or was it just too fast for me?

Sometimes you let the Penthouse stories happen...sometimes you let them pass...

Nice compliment...but I don't think I'll regret this one.
    On to the next "interesting" moment. ;)

• Like Like x 1