1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

The Complaining and Bitching Thread

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by ASU2003, Jan 14, 2013.

1. rogue49

rogue49 Tech Kung Fu Artist Staff Member

Thanks @SirLance ...thanks for the confirmation.
    Case in point...the woman who stood me up Monday before last (bitching about it above...including blowout by pothole and $400 down the drain after)
    ...texted me this morn
    "Good morning...sorry about not making it there. I got tied up at work and couldn't make it out in time"
    A WEEK and a HALF later???
    At the time, at the restaurant, where I offered to pay for a very nice dinner (and it was excellent...just not with her) ...No text, no call, no email...she deleted my email of last reply...and nothing since
    WTF???
    I'm not hurt...shit happens in dating. You dust off, try agaain
    But THIS doesn't make sense to me.

2 months back...met a HOT woman at Halloween...clicked, macked on each other a bit...nice stuff.
    Set a followup date...after lots of fun emails
    Supposed to meet her a the bar/club we met...do some dancing...Doesn't show up, flakes. ( Itext & call to say, sup??)
    Texts me an excuse...then an hour later, asks me if I'm at the bar already...text back "I said I was, back an hour ago"
    then an hour later, texts me the EXACT same excuse AGAIN, verbatim, same spacing...like copy/paste!! WTF??
    (actually, she did me a favor...it allowed me to kick back and watch one of the best games ever, last games of the Cubs/Indians)
    THEN
    Two weeks later after silence texts me...why haven't you texted or called...I liked talking with you"
    WTF??

And don't even get me started what one of my co-workers did...
    No kissing, no touching, always friends only from me. (nada)
    Takes my arm and cuddles up to me...on a simple lunch out from work.
    Asks me to have a baby with me. Uhh...not a relationship, not a date...just a straight out baby.
    Calls & leaves a VM asking me to stay at my place so she can arrange her life after not hearing from her for 2 months (even at work) hiatus.
    WTF?? (and no, I didn't call back...)

Am I magnet for weird and fucked up?? :confused:
    Is someone playing a joke?
    I'm a straight-shooter, always sincere.
    And yet...

NOOO...I always get the "interesting" ones. :rolleyes:

2. Shadowex3

Shadowex3 Very Tilted

I caught some awful black death plague late december/early january and spent the back half of my trip increasingly sick. Literally went through an entire box of tissues in a single day with all kinds of colors and what I'm pretty sure was a fair bit of blood, and I'm pretty sure I have a broken rib again. Possibly two. Also this building is from 1977 and there's basically no heat or insulation so I live in my winter clothes. And I lost my really spiffy gridded fleece from patagonia at some point during my two-transfer thirty hour travel experience.

Bright side I'm finally getting settled in here and have a 10 meg pipe with a hardline and wifi.

3. Can confirm, people are idiots now.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  4. Japchae

Japchae Very Tilted

"now"?

• Like Like x 6
  5. good point

6. Been at the new job for 6 months now.....already updating my resume and looking to move on. Fuck this shit.

• Like Like x 1
  7. rogue49

They hurt me this week.
    Still have a job.
    Need to find another.
    I know what I'm doing this week.
    3000 emails to go through.
    1 that doesn't have issues...with "my" communication

• Like Like x 1
  8. cynthetiq

cynthetiq Administrator Staff Member Donor

9. POPEYE

POPEYE Very Tilted

I am enjoying some tv and my recliner. Well deserved after a 65 hr 6 day work week. Just brutal, with the exception of two 15 min breaks and a 30 min lunch, I don't get to sit all day. My foreman brought me an assembly fixture that again was out of tolerance. I am still not done with it. Cranking handles, honing, drilling, milling. I was ready for a day off. Still got up this morning and cut down 4 menacing trees next to my neighbors fence. Had to strap em to another tree and ratchet them in the direction I wanted them to fall.

10. rogue49

Just tired...
    I'm surprised I keep going, doing my thing, at times.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Japchae

Japchae Very Tilted

3 hours of sleep. Fuck me in the ear hole. I'm tired.

12. Cayvmann

Cayvmann Very Tilted

Plagued by foot/ankle problems, but at least my kidney stone has apparently passed. Half-win

13. Chris Noyb

Chris Noyb Get in, buckle up, hang on, & be quiet.

That would get the adrenaline pumping.

• Like Like x 1
  14. SirLance

SirLance Death Therapist

I could fall asleep.

Stupid fucking coyotes decide it's party time last night. Stupid fucking coyotes always have their stupid fucking parties between midnight and 2 am. Stupid fucking dog decided he had to voice his stupid fucking opinion about the stupid fucking party the stupid fucking coyotes were stupid fucking having. Twice. Stupid fucking coyotes and their stupid fucking german shepherd cousin.

I haven't been this sleep deprived since stupid fucking SERE.

15. rogue49

Got my ass handed to me today.
    Got thrown under the bus.
    Got reamed for doing the version they wanted.
    Got reamed for not doing the design I recommended then got told to push otherwise.
    Got reamed for doing the environment they ordered me to (despite they knowing it wouldn't work...which I told them also)
    Got yelled at for having a meeting which I was ordered to have.
    Got slammed for not asking for a delay despite being instructed not to.
    And my lead didn't have my back, despite saying he did. (he asked me to do all the work which delayed me in finishing)

Top boss saying one thing then another.
    2nd in command saying one thing then another.
    Lead...don't even get me started... (passive, spineless shit)

At least these could have supplied lube beforehand.

I hope the phone interview goes well tomorrow.
    This IS bullshit.
    And if I could quit I would...
    I need to save up 6 months of pay (fuck you money) :mad:

16. rogue49

Turns out I'm not the only one getting their ass turned into ground round. (good description for chewing butts)
    The mgmt must be in panic mode.
    And they're taking it out on the staff.
    Especially us people who they don't know what they're doing.

Doesn't matter, I'm still out of here.
    When in a war zone...I get out of the target area.

And my phone interview went pretty well today. (except for the initial phone service outage...thank god they were willing to call back later)

• Like Like x 3
  17. Katia

Katia Very Tilted

Everyone up for a vacation on a nice sunny beach while we hit the pause button on the worlds problems, raise their hand.

• Like Like x 6
  18. Borla

Borla Moderator Staff Member

Mine is already booked!

• Like Like x 1
  19. Shadowex3

Shadowex3 Very Tilted

Walked a few kilometers up STEEP jerusalem hills to the local transit office to try and get a monthly pass put on my card. They couldn't do it. But they did sell me the card reader for my computer so I could do it at home... except that didn't work for some reason. Which means I need to use my last few shekels to get to the central bus station before the sabbath shuts EVERYTHING in this city down and try to unfuck this.

20. Lindy

Lindy Moderator Staff Member

I'm headed to Newport Beach (road trip) for a week or two in mid-March. If weather looks iffy:( may end up staying in Palm Springs area instead.:)

• Like Like x 3