1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

The Complaining and Bitching Thread

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by ASU2003, Jan 14, 2013.

1. POPEYE

POPEYE Very Tilted

I watched his speech and imho he did very well. I didn't vote for Mr Trump but now he is our POTUS I am going to hope for the best.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Chris Noyb

Chris Noyb Get in, buckle up, hang on, & be quiet.

How well the POTUS looks and sounds while giving a speech means little to me. But I suppose being able to sound good, basically soothing folks while screwing them, is important in some ways. Raygun was a master at it.

• Like Like x 2
  3. genuinemommy

genuinemommy Moderator Staff Member

Why don't substitute teachers get paid a living wage in Texas? I submitted an application, thinking this might be a viable part time career option. The I did the math. Even if I were needed every day of the school year, I wouldn't make half of what I pay for child care.

Adjunct college professor positions pay even less.

No wonder why there are so many over educated stay at home moms who homeschool their kids around here.

• Like Like x 1
  4. rogue49

rogue49 Tech Kung Fu Artist Staff Member

And another cold...
    This one I got from my stay at family's. (mom, sis and the kids had it) ...I should have stayed at my aunt's

Great for the last week of college and starting a new job. :rolleyes:

• Like Like x 1
  5. POPEYE

POPEYE Very Tilted

Every POTUS excels at some public concerns and fails at others. The ACA was a honest and great start. However I know people it's hurt as well as helped

• Like Like x 1
  6. Borla

Borla Moderator Staff Member

Them: Can we change this product to be like X and Y?

Me: I don't think so, I believe it would fail because of Z. However, I'll check with the manufacturer in case my 15 years of in depth experience with that product aren't enough for me to know for sure.

*checks with expert at manufacturer who actually helped design the product, then checks with ANOTHER expert at a competitor just for a second opinion*

Me: Nope, it will fail because of Z, as I originally suggested to you.

Them: We didn't like that answer. We want to buy it that way anyway.

Me *checks with manufacturer, who says they will refuse to sell the product that way*: Sorry, I can't even price it that way. They won't sell the product configured that way because they know it will fail when Z happens.

Them: I tested for Q and it didn't fail, tell them I still want it.

Me: Remember, it'll fail at Z. Testing for Q isn't relevant.

Them: I still want it that way.

Me: They won't even sell it that way. I checked with their competitor (basically the only two players available) and they agree with that conclusion and would also refuse to sell it that way.

Me: No one will sell it that way because it will fail.

Fun times.

• Like Like x 3
  7. Chris Noyb

Them: Well, OK. It's a shame we can't get it the way we want it. [with a look on their faces that clearly says they're going to go behind your back as many times as they can hoping to get it their way]

8. Borla

Borla Moderator Staff Member

For obvious reasons I can't spell out all the details, but this is a case of the customer being protected from himself. If he got what he wanted it would work fine through his processes, but would fail in the field.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Chris Noyb

I understand what you're saying, and it's good that you're trying to protect the client from end result failure.

But some people will look for the answer they want despite being told it won't work by people who know it won't work.

10. ralphie250

ralphie250 Fully Erect Donor

anyone that owns a hybrid should be forced to work on it

• Like Like x 2
  11. POPEYE

POPEYE Very Tilted

Ok, from sign in to moving from page to page this " Hey Popeye the donation button is here " is FUCKING FOLLOWING ME AND WON'T GO AWAY
    IT'S DISTRACTING AND FUCKING IRRITATING

12. POPEYE

POPEYE Very Tilted

And in Oklahoma it's much less. Our teachers are going to Texas for the great wages and benefits.
    Side note. Our subs only requirement is a high school diploma. I think a GED will do.

• Like Like x 1
  13. genuinemommy

Here subs need a GED plus 60 college credits.

• Like Like x 1
  14. POPEYE

POPEYE Very Tilted

We are a Republican state. They talk about how important family values are and then do the opposite. Our teachers haven't had a raise in a decade and the requirements keep going down. I'm ready to move to.....say Wisconsin? I really enjoy Cheeses, even stinky, pungent cheeses.

• Like Like x 4
  15. POPEYE

POPEYE Very Tilted

20170307_144055.jpg my septic, for some reason, had pulled away from the house. I saw the previous owners patch job and kept digging, then decided to replace with new. I did a great job on this shitty work.

• Like Like x 6
  16. Chris Noyb

Great job? I don't see any duct tape.

And while thinking Red Green,
    "If women don't find you handsome, they can sure find you handy."

• Like Like x 4
  17. Japchae

Japchae Very Tilted

Dammit. Finally got comfy and warm... The melatonin is kicking in, 15 lbs of cat is snuggled in, air con is just right, humidifier is perfect... And now I have to pee. Horribly. Painfully. DAMMIT!! Screw you, bladder.
    Fuck. I can't hold it until morning. Plus, the man is snoring. Auuugh!

• Like Like x 1
  18. Windy as Fuck today... gusts in the mid 60's mph. Hundreds of thousands of home and businesses without power, including us. The bitch of it is, everything one block east of my house has full power. Draw a line north and south starting a block away... Damn.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

19. 7 months into new day job and I'm done. Submitted resumes today for something new. We're saving up to move out of state next year and I thought I could just deal with the unprofessional idiots I work with but no. I can't . These people deserve each other. Looking for either a remote position or something that will provide a better work/life balance.

This is the first company I've worked for, where they literally request that you do not watch your kids when you work from home on the one damn day they give you a week. (That's not a major sore spot for me specifically. But wtf asks that of someone in this field? )

This place is a fucking idiot-box and I honestly feel stupid for accepting the offer 7 months ago, and even more so every day that I go into the office.

Not going to burn any bridges when I leave. But I'm also not going reply to anyone reaching out after I leave.

I could rant more but I'd rather go to my kitchen , get my whiskey , and look out the window at everyone in costume pub-crawling.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 5
  20. genuinemommy

Enjoy the hunt. Good luck preparing for the move.