1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

The Complaining and Bitching Thread

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by ASU2003, Jan 14, 2013.

1. Fangirl

Fangirl Very Tilted

I too looked to sub teach here in Arizona after doing it for a good wage in Illinois (I have a Masters degree). Arizona pays peanuts. I was aghast. It does speak to the quality of the public school system. This state is ranked 49/50.

• Like Like x 3
  2. Lindy

Lindy Moderator Staff Member

I've had two different moms tell me that the main reason that they looked for a job in Lincoln is because of the high quality public schools. I don't even have kids, but I wouldn't want to live in a locale the wouldn't support their public schools.

• Like Like x 6
  3. Fangirl

Fangirl Very Tilted

There is such an income disparity within the public school system. Many folks are aware of the Chicago public school system as being an example of the worst. But we chose an excellent district in the NW suburbs--our primary reason for moving there. Here in Phoenix, another terrible system and we are in another suburb. Our local high school is said to be good--certainly from what I've observed living blocks away, it's seems great. Despite the 1700 mile distance, disparity in income distribution is the overlapping factor in the quality of the public schools where I live/lived. Indeed it is very troubling to see so sharply how lower income kids are screwed by our public school system.

Last edited: Mar 31, 2017
    • Like Like x 3
  4. CinnamonGirl

CinnamonGirl The Cheat is GROUNDED!

It's really fucking cold.

That is all.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Yerba

Yerba ...wait, what?

Tore my thumb open bowling the other night. Again. Time to wait another week and a half for it to heal...

Also, Cinna, it's fucking cold here too. Super windy as well, which makes it eleventy times worse.

6. Japchae

Japchae Very Tilted

Fuck. Goddamn you, cancer.

7. ralphie250

ralphie250 Fully Erect Donor

my fucking back hurts.................

• Like Like x 1
  8. POPEYE

POPEYE Very Tilted

Mine too, seems like all I do is work. Now spring is here and the work load is doubling

• Like Like x 1
  9. ralphie250

ralphie250 Fully Erect Donor

no shit, I cant seem to win

10. First of all...me giving up gluten in solid forms for Lent was dumb. I know this. I didn't give up beer.

However, the asswipes who don't have celiac disease (or something comparable), but give up gluten because it "makes then feel better" are idiots. You feel better because you didn't eat 12 cookies in one setting.

Long story short: fucking gluten free bread is the WORST!

I'm going back to just not eating any sort of bread.

I want a cookie....

• Like Like x 1
  11. Stan

Stan Resident Dumbass

Sorry, my grandson is gluten intolerant. While I buy his favorite gluten free stuff on a regular basis when he visits, I insist that my daughter take it home with her. I'm not eating that crap.

• Like Like x 2
  12. Chris Noyb

Chris Noyb Get in, buckle up, hang on, & be quiet.

We met with the estate attorney, who worked out something complicated with my wife when I stepped away for a few minutes. I caught only the end of the conversation, and the attorney said it was a privileged conversation. That's fine, my wife is the executrix.

My wife did a piss poor job of explaining the details. When we went by the bank she wasn't sure about one transaction and got very mad at me because I had no idea of the correct answer.

Do NOT fucking exclude me from the original planning, offer a confusing explanation, and then get mad at me when YOU potentially screw-up.

• Like Like x 2
  13. A legitimate reason to not eat gluten. I doubt the kid saw some fad on the internet and thought to himself, "I am going to deny myself the joy of eating pizza just so I can be different."

I'm sorry that gluten-free shit is ever in your house.

• Like Like x 1
  14. cynthetiq

cynthetiq Administrator Staff Member Donor

Gluten free shit.

15. POPEYE

POPEYE Very Tilted

Must be whatcha get when your on a gluten free diet.

• Like Like x 2
  16. POPEYE

POPEYE Very Tilted

My Supervisor, which is a great guy and wants us all to bring home fat paychecks, asked me again if I would work Sunday. 3 Sundays in a row. He works seven days a week. So for the 3rd time I said yes, and then told him later, I just can't do it. That place is killing people.

17. Chris Noyb

During the domestic oil drilling boom in the mid '70s to early '80s, companies like Brown & Root would give you hours 12/7....but wouldn't give you time off to spend it.

• Like Like x 1
  18. rogue49

rogue49 Tech Kung Fu Artist Staff Member

You know the problem is with having a powerful car??
    EVERYONE IS TOO FUCKING SLOW!! ;)

Fast,slow,fast,slow, fast,slooooooow...

• Like Like x 2
  19. Chris Noyb

We drive two fairly heavy-ish SUVs, Highlander & Rav4, with four cylinder engines. Folks drive way too slow for me.

• Like Like x 1
  20. rogue49

rogue49 Tech Kung Fu Artist Staff Member

Yes...and unlike the autobahn and Germany
    People don't pull over to allow passing always
    They just cruise along...

If I see anyone behind me, even if I'm already going fast...I'll pull over.
    To me, it's a matter between them & the cops (and fate...)

• Like Like x 4