1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

The Complaining and Bitching Thread

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by ASU2003, Jan 14, 2013.

1. omega

omega Very Tilted

The inflammation has spread from his chest down to his upper thighs. He is going to be in the hospital and on iv antibiotics for the next 5-7 days. If they can't get it knocked down, then they will open him up and wash out his pleural cavity, leaving an almost torso length scar. If they can get the inflammation knocked down, they will operate in about three months. Meanwhile his sister is graduating from high school this week, ceremony on Thursday.

2. omega

omega Very Tilted

They didn't get the inflammation down. They are operating on him around 9 or 10 tonight. His mom is bringing her daughter home and then I'm driving down with her while her daughter stays in the house with my kids. Going to be a long night. Fuck fuck fuck.

3. Borla

Borla Moderator Staff Member

Best wishes on everything going successfully.

4. Lindy

Lindy Moderator Staff Member

@omega, I hope everything works out for him, and you.

5. POPEYE

POPEYE Very Tilted

@omega , good thoughts and best wishes

6. omega

omega Very Tilted

Thanks for all your responses. He had the surgery starting about 2230 sunday. I had finally dozed off when the surgeon came in at 0130 to tell us that he was out and in recovery and they had been able to find and remove his appendix, even with all the swollen and infected tissue. So I went home. Fell asleep around 2, was up at 0620 to take my girls to school. Fell asleep after 8 for maybe 45 minutes and decided to go to work. Girlfriend stayed overnight in the hospital. Turns out they were able to operate laproscopically and didn't have to flay him open. So his recovery will go much easier. Still in the hospital for the next few days. Iv antibiotics, iv fluids, soft foods. Still going to miss his sister's graduation Thursday night.

• Like Like x 4
  7. Borla

Awesome they could still do it laparoscopically. That'll help his recovery big time. Glad to hear.

• Like Like x 1
  8. omega

omega Very Tilted

Hah. One of the few times I have mispelled a word. Laparoscopically.

9. Supervisor: Hey ZS, I know you're swamped, so I'm going to ask someone at the business center to help you out with all of these transactions...

Me: YAY! that sounds amazing

Me: (Examines the transaction sheet) THEY FUCKED IT ALL UP AND NOW IT'S GOING TO TAKE ME TWICE AS LONG TO FIX IT!

• Like Like x 1
  10. rogue49

rogue49 Tech Kung Fu Artist Staff Member

Been there, done that
    Probably because the mgr didn't know who to pick right

11. I should have known better when I heard it was going to be used to "train" someone........

• Like Like x 2
  12. Fucking 45, man.

So looking through his budget, my big boss was telling me that a lot of programs my division runs will be affected. I assumed that this will result in loss of jobs. Probably loss of my job since marketing is usually one of the firsts to go. I could be reduced to just the other half of my job, finance. With a slashed up budget, I won't have much to do there either....

I don't think it will come to this, but preparing for the worst never hurts...maybe morale.

• Like Like x 1
  13. rogue49

That's why I've strived to make myself a commodity
    And live in an area with tons of options.
    You never know when companies will make "business decisions"
    And it typically has nothing to do with you.
    There's no more loyalty.

• Like Like x 1
  14. I'll have my MBA soon, so that will help.

• Like Like x 4
  15. Doesn't really matter...because I hate my fucking job for which I am incredibly overqualified.

16. Dear Big Boss...

Why did you renew her contract? Two others on the leadership team think she's awful. I think she's awful. Everyone else in the office thinks she's awful.

Sincerely,
    The person who is really doing her job/the person who isn't going to save her ass anymore.

• Like Like x 3
  17. rogue49

Sometimes it's best to not do any heroing
    Some don't deserve saving.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Borla

Congrats on your contract being renewed...

• Like Like x 2
  19. Older I get, the lower my expectations are getting. Not sure how that works but it sure does suck.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

20. rogue49

Funny, mine have gotten higher...
    I used to blow things off,
    Now they stress me out.

I need to learn to let go again.

Otherwise my head messes with me from overload.