1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

The Complaining and Bitching Thread

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by ASU2003, Jan 14, 2013.

1. DAKA

DAKA DOING VERY NICELY, THANK YOU

I'm trying to reach the "I don't give a shit" frame of mind.....almost there, I don't watch the "news" anymore...

2. Borla

Borla Moderator Staff Member

My group has to turn in budgets this week for the next fiscal year. We were given the excel file to use, which I populated without changing the format at all.

Yesterday I sent mine in and the email response I got was (exact quote, entire reply):

"I think this is perfect – thanks!"

Then this morning our entire group, except one person, gets a group email. Attached is the budget of the person who wasn't copied. He used an entirely original excel format that he made up himself. We are told we should use his form and (quote) "I guess you guys forgot how we do budgets". Yay for moving targets, lol.

3. CinnamonGirl

CinnamonGirl The Cheat is GROUNDED!

I know I'm not everyone's cup of tea. But I am really, really tired of people thinking that either a) I'm stupid and/or naive, or b) have some sort of hidden agenda, when I do things to be nice or am actively trying to help them. Like, yes i realize you are fully capable, but I also know you've been having back trouble, and I am not trying to make you look bad, I am trying to let you rest a little bit. For fuck's sake.

Just....ugh.

On a better note, I made mad tips this weekend. Trying to focus on that instead.

• Like Like x 3
  4. rogue49

rogue49 Tech Kung Fu Artist Staff Member

Let it go, it's their baggage

Some people just can't take others help
    Or good will or good work...it's their ill will and funk.

Just keep being a good person
    It's your true nature :)

• Like Like x 2
  5. You're a genuinely nice person and it's weird..... It has taken me 20+ years to realize you have people's best interests in mind.....

That being said, fuck these assholes.

• Like Like x 2
  6. POPEYE

POPEYE Very Tilted

Supervisor walked another man out the door today. However this time it was on the operator. 30 titanium parts scraped. Parts that require monitoring, the guy falsified his records as well. What a dumbass, did he really think he would survive such a breach of procedure?

7. It used to piss me off. Now it's more of an annoyance. When a group of people feel they can tell you what your life is like based off of stereotypes horrible home training.
    I can only dream of when there is truly peace and understanding.

8. DAKA

DAKA DOING VERY NICELY, THANK YOU

I'm getting old and cranky, here's my next pet peeve,
    My Cuisinart coffee maker, the buttons to operate it are so small that I can hardly turn them.
    And another thing, in order to.....??(what)??..... the car manufacturers have gone to using a "controller" to operate, the stereo, heat/defrost/a/c, phone, GPS etc....manuals that come with new cars are hundreds of pages long.
    Does any "regular" person read through and memorize this stuff
    When we leased the now returned 2014 M/B GLK 350 (awful vehicle I hated it for 3 years) I had the salesperson make all the adjustments and I did't change anything but the radio stations
    And, since I absolutely despise Car Dealer people, I bought my "new" car used.
    I have gone back to an 07 BMW 530xiT / Touring...Station Wagon, (I like this better than the brand new M/B.
    Rant over ....For Now.
    I am thinking to change my "name" to CRANKY 82 YEAR OLD BASTARD, leave me alone)

• Like Like x 2
  9. MeltedMetalGlob

MeltedMetalGlob Resident Loser Donor

If there's one thing that cheeses me off more than anything, it's working on a Photoshop joke that involves a celebrity, and before I get a chance to finish it the celebrity passes away- which would make me look like the insensitive dickhead I probably am if I released it.

This happened with Richard Hatch (Battlestar Galactica) and Alan Rickman, and now Adam West.

But you know something? I've put too much work into the Adam West photoshop so far to say the hell with it, and anyway I'm not so much making fun of him than I am the 60's Batman show, so expect something after the mourning period is over.

10. Borla

Not more than 2-3 weeks ago I heard him on the Dan LeBatard show on ESPN Radio. He still seemed to have an awesome sense of humor.
    Back in February I heard Bill Paxton on the Dan LeBatard show a few days before HE died.
    Guess I won't be going on the Dan LeBatard show any time soon...

11. Borla

Feel bad for my wife. Seems like she just got over a bad cold 2-3 weeks ago. Early this week she went to the doctor and they said she had strep. They gave her antibiotics, but things kept getting worse. She went to urgent care this morning afraid of pneumonia. Came back that she is getting over the strep, but has a sinus infection, ear infection, and severe bronchitis. No fun, and she's getting frustrated at being sick so long.

• Like Like x 1
  12. POPEYE

POPEYE Very Tilted

I do feel bad for her and you, nothing worse than illness.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Shadowex3

Shadowex3 Very Tilted

After a full week I still can't put any weight on one leg, with that knee collapsing inwards when I try. Given I can still hobble around and use it to some degree, with no range of motion loss when not putting weight on it, I don't think I fully tore my MCL or meniscus... but I definitely fucked something up bad enough Urgent Care thinks I need an MRI.

Considering I need to move from Jerusalem to Tel Aviv by Thursday afternoon this complicates things.

• Like Like x 1
  14. POPEYE

POPEYE Very Tilted

Didn't you just walk 100 trek across Israel?

15. Cayvmann

Cayvmann Very Tilted

On June 5, I got very drunk. I'm working on what feels like my 2nd week of hangover. Getting old sucks.

16. Shadowex3

Shadowex3 Very Tilted

Walking 100km with several days of +/- 1 kilometer elevation changes in sometimes very short distances would be the "how" and "why" of fucking up me knee, yes.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Isn't it awesome when your marketing manager doesn't know the basic differences between Marketing and Branding?

I hate my job.

• Like Like x 2
  18. rogue49

rogue49 Tech Kung Fu Artist Staff Member

Oh, you mean like when my Director of IT Security asks me to confirm to him myself if I can get into the encrypted data or not.

Ever hear the phrase, "conflict of interest"??

I appreciate your suffering, ZS
    Some are just good getting the job, not doing it.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Lindy

Lindy Moderator Staff Member

I once worked for a retail manager who didn't know the distinctions among markup, margin, and profit.

• Like Like x 3
  20. Shadowex3

Shadowex3 Very Tilted

Everything fit when I first came here, now moving to tel aviv nothing wants to fit. Dammit...