1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

The Complaining and Bitching Thread

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by ASU2003, Jan 14, 2013.

1. Wildmermaid

Wildmermaid Very Tilted

Oh my lower spine is just dislocated and I have tummy troubles. In a terrific mood though . :) Thanks for the well wishes! :D Hope you're having a good one!

2. redravin

redravin Cynical Optimist Donor

Take care.
    hope you feel better soon.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Wildmermaid

Wildmermaid Very Tilted

Oh thank you @redravin ! *hugs* How is your Sunday?

4. redravin

redravin Cynical Optimist Donor

Pretty quiet. Been watching Ozark on Netflix with Jason Bateman.
    Really good show.

• Like Like x 1
  5. rogue49

rogue49 Tech Kung Fu Artist Staff Member

Thank God I'm a cynical and paranoid muck about...to a certain extent.
    Especially when it comes to Startup HR.

I always make sure I record and take screenshots of all my efforts and completed documents.
    WHY??
    Because there's often disconnects, glitches, miscommunication and otherwise
    in going through the process.

HR can be anal, obstinate and rigid...or just not one hand knowing what the other is doing.
    Managers ask questions, status updates from YOU ...and want to know why you haven't done things (even if you did)

For example...
    I went through the whole setup of signing off on ALL the documents they wanted done...it said 100% complete. (5 of 5 documents)
    I took screenshots of this.
    BUT
    Later a HR rep asked why I hadn't completed everything...including my I9 (which I did)
    I went in...and sure enough, it was at 89%.
    There was one more document to be done...they had added it. (6 of 6)
    It was easy enough to be done and sign off.
    And I made sure to snapshot this too.

Then I copied BOTH sets of snapshots to work for refrerence
    Told the HR person it was done
    And attached the snapshots to her...as proof. (because obviously there's a glitch in the system...OR it's a part of protocol...but they just don't tell others for some masochistic reason)

Funny, I'm so diligent and don't throw anything away for work.
    But I'm a lot less diligent in my personal life ( but I still don't throw ANYTHING away)
    Can't tell you how many times I've had to refer to this.
    Even more than 10 years later.
    (such is the life with background checks)

I've started a process of digitizing everything...and making backup copies)
    Thinking of getting a PT person to do this...bit by bit. (something a kid or newbie could do for cheap)

Geez. :rolleyes:

• Like Like x 2
  6. DAKA

DAKA DOING VERY NICELY, THANK YOU

Life was much simpler in the 70's and 80's and 90's, HR was Personnel....( are people really resources?)
    No computers, architects drew plans on paper and made blueprints....so glad to retire in 1990...(couldn't handle learning CAD)

• Like Like x 2
  7. Wildmermaid

Wildmermaid Very Tilted

This boring, but i'll be back when less boring. lol. Today i hate pain, usually can laugh or at least remember my ever-growing gratitude list. today i want to scream have a fuck everything mmood and am down as fuck. fuck. Fuzzy is on deadline for a comic and is working his ass off, but he is still kind and caring to me. No gym work outs yet but we have the reservations for my birthday dinner that we cancelled from sunday coming up thursday, and will spend some time swimming beforehand. i think the bone in lower spine is back in but the muscles feel pulled or somethin g stupid. very dizzy, lightheaded, and cannot move. today actually wishing for painkillers which is dumb. okay incoherent bitching done. Have a good Tuesday everyone. <3

8. What? The shittiness that is my organization is not just in the Administrative Office? Bullshit is happening everywhere.

Fuck. This.

9. POPEYE

POPEYE Very Tilted

My supervisor told me today that the company is wanting to let go of some shop personell, WTF! It's always the same, whip the horses that are pulling the wagon

10. Wildmermaid

Wildmermaid Very Tilted

I hope your job is safe, and regardless am sorry about the stress and chaos it causes.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Remixer

Remixer Middle Eastern Doofus

The amount of completely senseless drama the average person is capable of is fucking mind-boggling. Just causing drama for the sake of drama.

Fuck me sideways.

• Like Like x 3
  12. POPEYE

POPEYE Very Tilted

13. Remixer

Remixer Middle Eastern Doofus

I'm convinced most of the time it's because they are bored and are looking for any sort of mental stimulation and/or attention, whether positive or negative.

Otherwise I honestly can't understand how all these little nitpicky and entitled arguments even come about.

14. Wildmermaid

Wildmermaid Very Tilted

Could be hormones at play but I'm a disaster area today. Words are coming out all shades of wrong, and I feel just really dumb. Phooey. Freaking 5am damn rooster did not improve matters. Lol. *sigh*

15. omega

omega Very Tilted

Was thinking about this today. God killed everyone except Moses and his family. God exterminated cities. God's agents wiped out thousands of people. God turned lot's wife to salt for looking back. God has promised to kill everyone on earth. Again. And he is supposed to be the good guy?
    If I walked around saying "at some point, I'm going to fuck you all up, I promise", people would stay away. Or at least not worship me. I guess people just have bad judgment. Heil Trump!

16. Borla

Borla Moderator Staff Member

Ugh, my neck has been killing me the last couple of days. Thought I just slept on it wrong or was stressed or something, but it won't go away.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  17. ralphie250

ralphie250 Fully Erect Donor

fucking hybrids......

18. Too easy....

Can't leave it unsaid though...

Of course your neck hurts! It's carrying around that giant head all day.

19. Borla

Borla Moderator Staff Member

What kind of awful person pokes fun at another's pain? So rude.

• Dumb Dumb x 1
  20. Awwwwwe.. did I hurt your widdle big headed feewings?