1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

The Complaining and Bitching Thread

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by ASU2003, Jan 14, 2013.

1. MrMD069

MrMD069 Very Tilted Donor

Okay, let's try this one, last time.....if you're being passed on both the right and the left, YOU'RE IN THE WRONG FUCKING LANE. MOVE OVER F**KWIT.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Borla

Borla Moderator Staff Member

This goes double if you are being passed on the right.

• Like Like x 1
  3. DAKA

DAKA DOING VERY NICELY, THANK YOU

AMEN...This is not a message for anyone here....right....

• Like Like x 1
  4. Lindy

Lindy Moderator Staff Member

I try to keep to the right lane unless passing. Except if it's congested and there are a lot of "right lane must exit" showing up. I've gotten stuck there and can't get back to the left.

5. Remixer

Remixer Middle Eastern Doofus

I was just exposed to the world of "spiritual entrepreneurs" where they espouse alternative business philosophies and mentor/coach both businesses and professionals to completely change how they look at the world of business, and instead prioritize spiritual values when conducting professional services and charging for them.

I didn't know this was a thing. I've come across one such spiritual entrepreneur a couple months ago, but I honestly thought she was just a one-off in the business world - a stereotypical crazy white chick believing she could apply the nonsene from the homeopathy industry on business coaching, and somehow reeling in enough idiots to pay for her services to make a living off it.

Nope, spiritual entrepreneurs are a thing now apparently.

Fucking kill me.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Lindy

Lindy Moderator Staff Member

It's just misplaced. Watch for the results. Like so-called investing with a conscience. Like trying to play seven card stud with a pinochle deck.

7. Remixer

What bothers me is that while misplaced these amateurs will likely be able to carve out a (possibly billion dollar) niche market for themselves, establishing some form of platform branding with a semblance of credibility and empowering them to spread their fantasy further.

You are right, the results will speak for themselves. Unfortunately, the types of people to whom their message would appeal to aren't the most analytical or results-oriented minds - it's about the message, ideology and value systems they wish to be associated with, thus opening their wallets to fund these hacks. There are plenty of struggling professionals who wish to grow their career along their value lines, or successful-through-luck entrepreneurs who want to feel better about themselves, to market and sell their nonsense to.

On a sidenote: When you talk about investing with a conscience, are you talking about ethical investments? Because I do agree with only investing in businesses with clear environmental and anti-corruption policies for example, at a reasonable cost of attainable RoI and a much more limited portfolio selection. There is a balance everyone needs to find between hard numbers-based and soft emotions-based approaches, and I don't agree with completely falling on either side of the spectrum.

8. Chris Noyb

Chris Noyb Get in, buckle up, hang on, & be quiet.

We inherited an older vehicle, I drive it. It had to go through probate before we were able to purchase a current registration, which has finally been settled.

Yesterday I took it in to a local Jiffy Lube / State Inspection Facility for the inspection, which is required since the inspection & registration are now merged into one tag.
    I was told that the headlights were too foggy (they were foggy, but not that bad) and the vehicle wouldn't pass.
    The Jiffy Lube very conveniently offered a Headlamp Cleaning Service for $49.99 :mad:.
    I could've left to do it myself (you can find instructions on the 'net, or buy a DIY kit), or have it done some where else.
    But I would've still needed to pay for the failed inspection, and returned once the "problem" was corrected, which would be their judgement call.

To save time and reduce the risk of getting a ticket (I've pushed my luck for way too long), I paid for the service :mad: :mad:.
    It has a lifetime warranty, unlimited (we'll see about that) re-dos.
    They are going to get sick of me returning because I'm having "problems" with the protective coating.

I also plan to flame the shit out of that location as much as possible on the internet.

Good news: I'm now driving the vehicle legally.

• Like Like x 1
  9. DAKA

Solution,
    Drive the fucker till the wheels fall off....(you know that they will never fail it for headlights again...don't cha")

10. rogue49

rogue49 Tech Kung Fu Artist Staff Member

I just heard another woman say she didn't believe a woman isn't fit to be President...
    It's a strange world.
    Well this guy thinks they can, easily.

She thought a woman would be "too emotional"
    My argument, "as opposed to the current president??" (she said I had a point)
    Plus I said, I knew more than enough women sober, serious and solid enough to be President. (and after naming examples including Hillary, she said I had a point)

Weird when a guy is more pro-woman than some women.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. DAKA

Hillary.....???

12. rogue49

rogue49 Tech Kung Fu Artist Staff Member

What?? You don't think she's sober and serious enough???
    I'm not talking about politics.

13. DAKA

A SERIOUS conniving, lying, BITCH, yeah I guess ...

14. POPEYE

POPEYE Very Tilted

I am so sick and tired of doing everything myself.
    Cleaning, laundry, and mowing and so on and so on.
    I am going to get bids on the lawn and cleaning.
    The idea of an unknown person in my house, Makes me nervous, to say the least. What little I have I don't want stolen.
    On another note my balls hurt from lack of attention.

15. Wildmermaid

Wildmermaid Very Tilted

Last night got an ocular migraine that just went on for ages. Glad that is over, head feel diffused and foggy though. Woke up at a 7 pain wise in legs. The bones are in freak out mode, and the places with screws are aching. Left shoulder dislocated but popped back in so going to be careful not to further injure it so I can still lift weights tomorrow. Just a pain day but all else is good.

16. Remixer

Hey @Wildmermaid , if you just recently dislocated your shoulder you should really not be lifting any weights with that arm for a while.

• Like Like x 2
  17. Sierra Vertical

Oh my, take care friend and hoping for the best for you!

• Like Like x 1
  18. Wildmermaid

Wildmermaid Very Tilted

Totally good solid advice @Remixer , and thank you very kindly for it. :) Most of my bones dislocate and I'm hypermobile so usually at least one bit is out of alignment. I don't work out a body part that is actively out such as ribs, but as long as there was not too much tearing w/ the dislocation I do try and get a little exercise to strengthen the muscles around the joints.
    eds.jpg

19. Shadowex3

Shadowex3 Very Tilted

Thought i'd found an international flight for $600-800 albeit with a 8-10+ hour layover in more than one place. Turns out it was with a company known for ripping off their customers by hacking together uncoordinated flights and leaving them high and dry when reschedules or delays happened. Thought I was screwed with a $2k+ coach ticket until I noticed dropping that company from my search list got rid of all the truly awful 8+ hour layovers, making a flight with more than 1 layover a feasible option again.

Turns out on top of that there's "mixed" flights where I can fly economy for the short legs and premium economy for the international leg, all for only $1200ish. I could save $125 and get back to the US late monday night... or I could hustle, leave early, and get back on the 17th/18th.

I think $125 for the once in a lifetime chance to see a total solar eclipse is worth it personally.

• Like Like x 2
  20. FUCK. No Salons open on Sundays.