1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

The Complaining and Bitching Thread

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by ASU2003, Jan 14, 2013.

1. Shadowex3

Shadowex3 Very Tilted

That sounds a lot more serious than it seems like it is...

2. ralphie250

ralphie250 Fully Erect Donor

That sounds like it's serious @Wildmermaid

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  3. Wildmermaid

Wildmermaid Very Tilted

Oh it is normal, painful but normal. I have ehlers danlos, other stuff, and most of my bones dislocate. Not serious just hurts. Have had surgery since I was a little girl and this is just life.
    eds.jpg

4. SirLance

SirLance Death Therapist

Update: I've taken an apartment and have moved in. Probably the end of the marriage. She's very angry and won't talk to me. She believes I cheated on her (not true) but she's believed that for two years and we've hardly spoken in that time. I'm out of a stressful environment, and I've decided to stop drinking because I think it makes me feel worse. Doing OK, at the moment.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Japchae

Japchae Very Tilted

Hang in there, man. Find someone to talk to if you find yourself in dark places.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Shadowex3

Shadowex3 Very Tilted

So after a solid month of looking I'm still empty handed. There's tons of places I could live, affordably (~$500-600 including utilities) and with bus service, if I were a woman. There are only a handful of rooms open to a male tenant and they're all hundreds of dollars more ($800's) and add hours to my commute. As it stands even if I could find someone who would let me rent for only 3 months I'd probably be paying almost 100% of my paycheck into rent and riding several hours to and from work every day.

This is why ~90% of the homeless are men.

Good call. I learned the hard way it doesn't really help you with anything and just winds up costing a lot and making you feel like shit. May as well just blow the money elsewhere on something actually enjoyable.

7. SirLance

SirLance Death Therapist

Actually, I got into AA because I believe I have a problem. It's pretty clear that I can't stop drinking, so I need to not start in the first place.

It's unbelievable how welcoming and non-judgmental that organization is. And the stories you hear are both frightening and inspiring. All my life I've felt judged and found wanting. At meetings, I feel only acceptance.

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. omega

omega Very Tilted

Lady problems. The woman I want doesn't want me.

9. CinnamonGirl

CinnamonGirl The Cheat is GROUNDED!

LADY, I AM THE ONLY ONE HERE, I AM GETTING YOU BEER AND ICE (from downstairs, may I add) AS QUICKLY AS I CAN!

....shit, this woman's gonna get me fired. I keep biting my tongue when she makes demands, but I'm afraid I'm gonna slip sooner or later.

10. ralphie250

fuck that bitch

• Like Like x 1
  11. rogue49

rogue49 Tech Kung Fu Artist Staff Member

Ok...I'm a patient man for understanding people's computer skills and ability...

I know what it's like to NOT know something...to not be aware of details...to not have "hands-on" knowledge...to not be oriented or be practiced on stuff...to not be hip on certain things like others...etc and so on...
    And I get that some may not learn as fast as I do.
    And they may not be into it
    And they may get confused too.
    Or be out of practice

Even for me, after 30 years in the industry...been there, done that...will do it again.
    IT is all about being put into awkward situations and not knowing as much as the person who lives it.
    And hell, this is not even my love...just something I have a "knack" at...and they're willing to pay me money (Physics is my real love...and I will become a scientist, some day when I grow up :cool:)

AND I'm willing to orient, teach, train, guide, document, present, talk on it, etc and so on...to orient people to a certain level so they can take the ball and run forward with it.
    Also I've been "accused" of presuming to guide/train/note when others may already be aware...because they haven't been kind enough to let me know they know already. using the VERY difficult phrase to me, "I know this" :rolleyes:
    AND I've actually HAD a full company...owned it...where we SPECIALIZED in training both SMEs and Lay-people in softwares...from the basics...to the complex.

HOWEVER... (and this is where the bitchin' comes in...)
    When someone presents themselves as a IT professional
    AND they are supposed to be focused on a platform (ONE platform)
    AND it is their responsibility to focus ONLY on that platform
    AND there are only FIVE servers they are to be working on
    AND they really aren't doing much else
    AND they've been there for HALF a year

When I have to explain for a HOUR how to log in
    And they can't even do an UPDATE (Windows...standard, reboot, done)

Then am I being mean or picky when I address my concerns to the lead??? (yes...I'm an ogre with unrealistic expectations... grrr :mad:)

Now, if you want to waste money on a pro like this...fine.
    If you want to have them as a "placeholder" until you find another one...fine
    That's your propagative and "above my pay-grade"

But I do I feel it's my responsibility to note this "concern" to the lead and boss.
    Once I do, it's out of my hands.

IMHO...again, I'm a very patient man...and willing to understand...and mentor.
    BUT if you have a PRO who's getting paid...weekly, full-time...to DO work...then he DAMN well better be able to do the work after SIX months.

Just my unrealistic expectations here.
    Perhaps I'm just picky. ;)

12. CinnamonGirl

CinnamonGirl The Cheat is GROUNDED!

Initially, I said the same thing. But after everything was over, she sat down and had a couple beers with a couple other people, and was a bit mellower. It occurred to me that she was under some major stress from the event and maybe just didn't know how to direct it.

I mean, still not cool to be shitty with ME. But a little more understandable, at least.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Lindy

Lindy Moderator Staff Member

AA couldn't save my marriage or my husband, but AlAnon saved my bacon and my sanity. My alky husband is gone and five years dead, and I still go to meetings occasionally.

• Like Like x 2
  14. cynthetiq

cynthetiq Administrator Staff Member Donor

Yep. Some people, can't get past the god stuff for whatever reason. I say whatever, this is still better than I was before meetings.

• Like Like x 1
  15. ralphie250

youre a way better person than me

16. SirLance

SirLance Death Therapist

Oddly, I'm not having a problem with the god stuff. I do believe that there's something greater than ourselves, and I meditate and put my shit out there, asking for guidance to meet these problems. Generally, I've been getting it.

This is day 8 without alcohol, and I am not craving it. I have no desire to drink.

• Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
  17. Wildmermaid

Wildmermaid Very Tilted

Have to ask, was this to me, or someone else?
    --- Double Post Merged, Sep 29, 2017, Original Post Date: Sep 29, 2017 ---
    Glad you're doing okay, and hope you have someone to talk with about all you're going through.
    --- Double Post Merged, Sep 29, 2017 ---
    My problems are boring body in mutiny mode. I swear at this point I'm not allowed a meal without getting sick. What the fuck body.

18. Shadowex3

Shadowex3 Very Tilted

Yeah, dislocating your spine sounds terrifying but you seemed mostly inconvenienced.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Wildmermaid

Wildmermaid Very Tilted

That makes perfect sense. Thank you for answering. :) My spine (and most other bones) has/have been dislocating since I was 7 and I'm 42 now. I've had a lot of surgery on other parts, and most can be put back in pretty easily. Spine, ribs, and collarbones are my major pains, but also just part of life.

20. redravin

redravin Cynical Optimist Donor

It's like when I casually mention having a seizure (or when people see me have one).
    I've been having the full tonic clonic break through seizures (drop to floor, flop around like fish out of water) for 45 years.
    It sucks to be sure but it's part of being me.

Last edited: Sep 30, 2017
    • Agree Agree x 1