1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

The Complaining and Bitching Thread

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by ASU2003, Jan 14, 2013.

1. snowy

snowy so kawaii Staff Member

This post makes me both nostalgic and hungry.

2. MrMD069

MrMD069 Very Tilted Donor

I think the biggest disappointment for me is that I'm not dead yet. What the fuck is taking so long?

3. Japchae

Japchae Very Tilted

Life. It takes fecking forever.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Japchae

Japchae Very Tilted

Also, jury duty sucks balls. No one wants me. I promise.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  5. MrMD069

I haven't been called back since I told them, in open court, that I believed in the legalization of drugs. Got a couple of raised eyebrows but you can bet your ass I was dismissed. Haven't been called back since. It's been at least 10 years.

Of course, the vans sitting outside my house the past 10 years are purely coincidental I'm sure.

• Funny Funny x 3
  6. Japchae

Japchae Very Tilted

Apparently, I was wrong. :(

7. redravin

redravin Cynical Optimist Donor

I found that telling them you want to be on the jury and that you believe that it is a citizens obligation to serve on a jury in order to make America's justice system work as it was designed, will pretty much get you kicked every time.
    Even if you insist that you will follow the instructions exactly as given and believe 100% in the rule of law, they really don't want someone is happy to be there and interested in the process.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Azharen

Azharen Getting Tilted

I need to restock my Hard A.

• Like Like x 1
  9. SirLance

SirLance Death Therapist

You got it, we can keep each other company and bitch about the bitches...
    --- Double Post Merged, Nov 2, 2017, Original Post Date: Nov 2, 2017 ---
    When they ask "In reaching a verdict, if there is a conflict between the law and your conscience, will you follow the law, or will you follow your conscience?" I always respond "My conscience."

Gets me booted, every time. Judges and prosecutors don't like jury nullification. Defense lawyers love it.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Japchae

Japchae Very Tilted

If only they'd asked those kinds of questions. :/

11. rogue49

rogue49 Tech Kung Fu Artist Staff Member

When your professor just "wings-it"
    I seem to be getting a lot of BS and vague input from my writing profs this semester (I've got 2 classes)
    Uhh...aren't you supposed to be teaching me?? (even if I do a good job??)

I had to sent one prof an email saying...uhh, where's my feedback?? I gave the required draft 2 weeks ago....The final paper is due 2 days from now, the END of the semester, last day.
    So this is what he sent...last night at 1 am...
    So basically, a lot of BS...really saying only what the original instructions were.
    Thanks for the tips and compliments :rolleyes:

Now I've got to do a crap-shoot paper, with no way of knowing what the expected grade, strengths and weaknesses.

Thank god, I've been in the industry forever and do this stuff at work all the time...the degree is just a piece of paper that says I know what I'm doing (for the past 25+ years)
    God forbid I needed to actually learn something.

You know what taught me??
    Do many papers over the years for bosses and VIPs that are particular, bust your nut in errors...and you just want to continue getting a paycheck.
    No grade.

Just the ability to live, eat, pay rent and keep the damn bill collectors off my ass...and god forbid spend a ton of money on some lady that MAY kiss me or spend time with me.
    Pain and threats, teach you REALLY well. :eek:

Oh well, at least all my writing class requirements will be done. (IF the SOB gives me a decent grade on the 3 final papers)
    What a scam. :mad:

12. snowy

snowy so kawaii Staff Member

My whiskey levels are dangerously low. Going to have to stock up soon.

13. omega

omega Very Tilted

Your words and your thoughts show who you are. You spew shit...

14. Shadowex3

Shadowex3 Very Tilted

Welp, my teeth hurting when I coughed was what I thought it was. That cold/flu/whatever turned into a nasty enough sinus infection that the doctor put me on a multi-antibiotic and after listening to me breath wanted me to get an inhaler... skipped that because it's forty freaking dollars out of pocket. Let's see if I can make it through this one without breaking any ribs this time.

Bright side losing one of our best bussers at work means more hours for me, so I get to make up for the time I missed when I was sick at least somewhat.

15. rogue49

Hooo-Boy!!! Did I just screw the pooch. :eek::oops::rolleyes:

I've been getting 100's on all my papers for this one writing class (not the other noted above)
    And I thought the due date for the last paper was tonight...because the fuckin' thing said 11/5 11:59
    But the prof posted everywhere but there...it was due Friday!!
    20% of my grade
    AND it's 10x the size of all the other papers (instead of 350-500 words...3500-5000 words...and my eyes transposed/saw the number wrong)

So my A, just turned into a B or C.
    Geez

Thank god I don't care about my GPA...and just want the fuckin' piece of paper.
    Still it's an ego punch to the nuts. :(

16. MrMD069

OH BOY! IT'S TUESDAY! :(

17. Wildmermaid

Wildmermaid Very Tilted

This very thing happened to my daughter this term too. :( She's equal parts pissed, saddened, and has an oh well attitude. Dropped her Sociology grade to a B, but in the end that won't be a big deal, and she's learning to deal with changing plans and adversity.

Sorry it happened to you, and hope the rest of your term is better.
    --- Double Post Merged, Nov 7, 2017, Original Post Date: Nov 7, 2017 ---
    *hug* I mean in case you need one.

18. rogue49

Well, it turned out not only me to make the mistake...but many more in class. It was just the wrong date on the Assignments page which everyone followed.
    So the prof made an extension for everyone.
    Only problem, he did it very late in the day...so you only got really a half day.

And another prof didn't contact back until later too
    And another prof didn't reply until just last night.

Sad that they expect the students to be held to standards...then the instructors, the ones getting paid for it...they just respond poorly.
    The students are the ones paying for the class and to learn.

It's a lop-sided mindset.

I was able to get a shortened paper in, I've been getting 100's and 98's up until then, so that should help.
    And I was able to get the other classes paper in time also, right to the last moment.
    And finally I got a email confirming an extension...so that needs to be in tonight.

However dealing with these inconsistencies as well as the crisises of life and a full workload
    Colleges need to get more in line that they are providing a PAID service. (and paid well, at least the campus is)
    They need to be there for the students, not the reverse.
    Thankfully my current college does do this more than others...I've heard the stories about others, how it's a maze and obstacle course.

Last edited: Nov 7, 2017
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. Lindy

Lindy Moderator Staff Member

It's pretty hard for an institution to enforce standards on professors that are protected by tenure or a union. They can mostly do what the want to.

20. rogue49

Sure....but we're not talking full professors.
    We're talking Assistant Adjunct Professors. (not even close to tenured)

Basically, the Cybersecurity Panel for my minor has decided to just "call it in"
    All their classes are really done on this video/automated TestOut site...all the "teaching" and work is done by it.
    Even the friggin' test is done by it.
    The only thing the prof "may" do is judge the 3 papers handed in...and they're really just outlines/lists with references.

Frankly...I'm over it all.
    Fuck it.
    I'll take the hit and just do it over.
    I'm tired of this bullshit.

And I'll just watch the vids at my discretion when the holidays give me time before the next semester starts.
    Take over the class, repurchase the damn same thing...it will overlap with this semester...and I'll finish anything not done.
    I want the darn knowledge/specifics...not the arbitary labs...which I do all the darn time at work anyway.
    Something friggin' useful, when my brain is not overloaded.
    My work has all of a sudden become a horde of mgmt not paying attention and overloaded but asking for unrealistic things because they don't do the grind and know the time investment.
    Y'know...computers are magic doncha know??

Frankly I'm pissed off at everyone other than my girlfriend.
    Which is nice for a change.
    Then again, she's going through the same school bullshit I am.

Whatever.
    Again, as long as I get that piece of paper at the end.
    Just gotta be obstinate about it. Bit by bit...log the hours.