1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

The Complaining and Bitching Thread

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by ASU2003, Jan 14, 2013.

1. Lindy

Lindy Moderator Staff Member

Reminds me of the song. One of my favorite Iggy songs.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1AnhG4l6ndM

• Like Like x 2
  2. rogue49

rogue49 Tech Kung Fu Artist Staff Member

Yep...and even though intellectually I'm not just "another brick in the wall" per Pink Floyd :oops:
    ...I sometimes feel that way. I want to be a cornerstone, dammit. ;)

3. MrMD069

MrMD069 Very Tilted Donor

You know, my life would be so much easier if I wasn't such a fucking nitwit.

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. Japchae

Japchae Very Tilted

I'm fairly sure that my nose just started its period. Either that, or I just miscarried some serious brain cells.

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. snowy

snowy so kawaii Staff Member

I'm sitting in the car in the parking lot of an employee store for a major outdoorwear company because after forty five minutes of browsing, I'm done, and I'm not going to stand in a huge line to buy the one thing I kind of wanted. After all the other places we have been today, I'm done. I just want to be alone.

6. snowy

Also, my in-laws wanted to stay at my brother in law's place before we go on to another destination tomorrow. My brother in law's place is disgusting. I told my husband while I'm not there to white glove inspect their house, a LITTLE sanitation would be nice. Be a damn adult and clean your house. Yuck.

7. CinnamonGirl

CinnamonGirl The Cheat is GROUNDED!

Look, my brother's a Marine, my grandpa and uncle were Army, high school friends are Navy, ex-husband is Air Force.........

..........but I fucking HATE "God Bless America." Sorry, not sorry.

• Like Like x 1
  8. CinnamonGirl

CinnamonGirl The Cheat is GROUNDED!

Dude. Me too. *fistbump*

• Like Like x 1
  9. Lindy

Lindy Moderator Staff Member

Yeah, I don't much care for it either. I like this Service Medley better to honor veterans. It has the five service songs... I like the forth one (starts at 1:47) Semper Paratus for the Coast Guard. This is a more interesting arrangement than most, played by the USAF Band.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AggKQmeNmMY

• Like Like x 1
  10. snowy

Reasons I prefer hotels:

1) an actual bed (maybe uncomfortable, but not an air mattress)
    2) on your own schedule (no in-laws determining what you're going to eat and when)
    3) no jockeying for bathroom space (and bathrooms that actually work)
    4) television with cable that has sports
    5) privacy
    6) privacy
    7) might actually be quieter
    8) less awkward
    9) did I mention privacy?

I'm never staying at my brother in law's again. It smells, it's dirty, and neither bathroom works completely. I feel sorry for their house. It's so poorly cared for that if it weren't for the outrageous property values here, they would be in trouble.

• Like Like x 4
  11. rogue49

There’s always one fucker on the road
    And on a sunny Saturday, tons...

12. ralphie250

ralphie250 Fully Erect Donor

stupid people annoy the fuck out of me

• Like Like x 1
  13. redravin

redravin Cynical Optimist Donor

I think they annoy the fuck out of everybody.
    Unfortunately, there seems to be an endless supply.

• Like Like x 1
  14. ralphie250

ralphie250 Fully Erect Donor

Ain't that the Damn truth.

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  15. rogue49

Actually, I think they’re approximately 40% of the population
    Unfortunately, their stupidity cascades outward
    And there’s no warning...
    they’re not stupid enough to write it on their foreheads

16. snowy

And then my MIL shushes me when she thinks I'm getting too loud. I was in the corner of the restaurant and all the sounds came my way. Of course I was loud!

17. Shadowex3

Shadowex3 Very Tilted

So not only do I have to sit through servsafe online even though all I do is clean up dirty tables and carry stuff outside, I also have to pay for it.

Your second in command is a toxic micromanager, and you want to have FIVE salaried managers when we're already drowning because of how top-heavy the restaurant is as it is now.

We need to beg managers for the basic instruments to do our jobs or the ability to carry out our duties multiple times a day. Duties which you've constantly added on to to the point it's doubled the time it takes for us to turn a table around. And your previously mentioned toxic Number 2 has gotten everyone in the habit of jumping the gun on sitting tables so quickly that they try to do it before the previous people have even left... and then you blame us for not being fast enough.

Oh and despite having one of the hardest jobs in the restaurant we make the same as a group of people whose only job is to walk someone to a table and hand them silverware.

Yeah. It's pretty clear why you can't hold on to staff and four or five people have quit in as many months. You pay worse than walmart, and treat people worse too.

18. cynthetiq

cynthetiq Administrator Staff Member Donor

Mom wants me to get a haircut. Really?

• Like Like x 1
  19. Shadowex3

Shadowex3 Very Tilted

To add on to the previous: We now need to beg managers to unlock the paper towel dispensers so we can refill it and wash our hands. A process which now takes easily four to five times as long because they set it to dispense the tiniest sliver of paper.

Also today I was flat out told I was not permitted to engage in the federally protected right of discussing workplace conditions with coworkers, and had my language policed when I literally quoted something my manager had just said not 30 seconds prior. So apparently they can say it but the moment I do suddenly I'm getting talked down to about inappropriate language in front of house. And when I pointed that out the response was "don't question me".

If it wasn't for the fact I'd be screwing my coworkers I'd walk off one of these days. One more month.

20. Japchae

Japchae Very Tilted

Le sigh. [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1