1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

The Complaining and Bitching Thread

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by ASU2003, Jan 14, 2013.

1. DAKA

DAKA DOING VERY NICELY, THANK YOU

Lindy
    I feel your pain...as an architect (retired) you have no idea how screwed up things get
    It makes you think that everyone around you are idiots, morons, or whatever who can't read...didn't look at the plans or just don't give a crap...
    You are dealing with ONE job (project) think on a daily basis of having 6 or 8 jobs going at the same time...
    Stay calm (hard to do) but, you will enjoy that kitchen for many years....

• Like Like x 3
  2. fflowley

fflowley Don't just do something, stand there!

We have a big interior/kitchen reno coming up this summer.
    You are giving me anticipatory nightmares.

3. DAKA

You CAN NOT repeat the instructions and go over the plans enough times....keep pointing out the important points..
    Will it help...probably not, but you did your best...

4. Shadowex3

Shadowex3 Very Tilted

Apparently there's a little clique formed here that's decided they're rather unfond of me to varying degrees. One of them to such a degree that just me speaking to other people I'm friends with is enough to provoke a profanity laced rant at me, and later him literally getting physical with me and nose-to-nose shoving me around telling me how bad of a person I am and how much he hates me. Which is rather interesting considering i've literally almost never spoken to him.

Now I admit I'm kind of a "love him or hate him" kinda guy, between the strong personality and autism I can and have fucked up socially without realising it in the past. But generally I need to actually have some kind of interaction with someone to do that and as near as I can remember we've had maybe a single short conversation where I asked about his research and that was it. Even people who are friends with him are fairly shocked by this and have told me they can't think of anything I've done to deserve it.

Rather concerning considering he's easy two full weight classes above me and already at the point of getting physical.

"Think of how stupid the average person is. Half of everyone is dumber than that."

5. Japchae

Japchae Very Tilted

I am fucking tired. 1h 55m of actual sleep the night before last. 5h 15m last night. I haven't been this tired in awhile, which is actually saying a lot.

• Like Like x 1
  6. snowy

snowy so kawaii Staff Member

Hubs went to bed early after complaining that I'd kept him up last night... Umm phone don't lie. We went to bed on time and woke up on time. I'm wondering if his underlying sleep issues are cropping up again. He naturally refuses to go to the doctor.

7. Shadowex3

Shadowex3 Very Tilted

Apparently it's radical, offensive, and misogynist to say that people have a right to their own independent emotional agency, to have their own emotions without someone else's advance permission, and to look after their own emotional health.

8. rogue49

rogue49 Tech Kung Fu Artist Staff Member

Family...their timing sucks sometimes. :rolleyes:

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Remixer

Remixer Middle Eastern Doofus

Fuck root canals.

• Agree Agree x 3
  10. ralphie250

ralphie250 Fully Erect Donor

my daughter has type a flu, and I wake up feeling like ass today, but I did go to the dr yesterday

• Like Like x 1
  11. ralphie250

sounds like me

12. CinnamonGirl

CinnamonGirl The Cheat is GROUNDED!

I am still awake, and kind of pissed off, at 1:47 am. I have to be at work in less than 6 hours. I get a bit of a break, but I definitely work a double shift that's gonna go til around 11 pm... at the earliest. Also, it's supposed to start being all winter-y until at least 10 am.

At this point, all I can do is laugh, because if I didn't, I'd go insane (yeah, I totally just paraphrased Jimmy Buffet.)

AND, I have the hiccups. Goddamn it.

13. rogue49

Colonoscopy

Welcome to 50

Nuff said

• Winner Winner x 2
  14. redravin

redravin Cynical Optimist Donor

Aren't those fun?

• Like Like x 2
  15. DAKA

Awwww....it was " worse" years ago....small consolation however.....
    And, you really don't have to drink ALL 2 GALLONS of the stuff...
    There is a funny story about this...Google ***********Dave Barry Colonoscopy**********

16. rogue49

Dude...it was horrid for me.

First, I'm hypoglycemic, so not eating for me was a tense situation...I stayed away from everyone.
    Two...the stuff to clean ya out, that took forever to start...
    And then it took forever to stop...way past what everyone said it would.
    The exam itself was easy...out like a light under GA...then wake up completely lucid
    But I had to get a Uber home...because I had no one nearby to pick me up.
    And then get an Uber back...to pick up my car. (which I'm glad I took in the first place, because the weather was nasty with ice and freezing rain)

Finally, I made my last mistake...
    I decided to go have a nice meal after it all...I thought I was feeling normal, had most of the day after. (it was an established quality chain...no crap food...usually pretty good)
    And I happened to get a BAD meal.
    Not only did the flush out stuff start up again through-out the night
    But I get the sweats and threw up all the damn meal in the middle of the night.

I was completely exhausted and impacted by the whole thing.
    Felt like someone battered me...like I had been in a one-way fight with Mike Tyson.

Thank god I got a good result...so I don't have to do this crap again for 10 years. (pun intended...hey...everyone else including the nurse was making jokes...why not me??)

Last edited: Feb 7, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  17. ralphie250

so not looking forward to when I have to have one

18. rogue49

Not saying that it will be the same for you...it may have been just me.
    The actual procedure is easy and painless.
    And I got unlucky by also having food poisoning.

it's just the prep and potential continuing effect that you need to deal with.
    Don't plan to go anywhere or do anything a day before, during and after
    You'll be drained literally...and that impacts you.

Last edited: Feb 8, 2018
  19. ralphie250

my wife told me that I "need" one this year, but ive herd worse things.. but I know it just depends on the person

20. MrMD069

MrMD069 Very Tilted Donor

Oh for fuck's sake, more snow? GAH!