1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

The Complaining and Bitching Thread

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by ASU2003, Jan 14, 2013.

1. DAKA

DAKA DOING VERY NICELY, THANK YOU

Remotes, HELL, I want to see it LIVE IN PERSON

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Chris Noyb

Chris Noyb Get in, buckle up, hang on, & be quiet.

My internet service started intermittently cutting out on Wed night, and went totally kaput late yesterday morning. I just went through the same crap about three weeks ago.

The automated customer service line at AT&T doesn't want connect me to an actual person. And tells me that their diagnostic doesn't show a problem in my service area.

After much effort I get another automated voice that instructs me on how to check every fugging thing in my house.

Then I get sent to the DSL dept where they don't handle service calls, but will gladly sign me up for upgraded services.

Finally I managed to schedule a service call. The last time their field service person completely ignored the notation to call first because I have dogs. He just entered the backyard, left some gadgets hanging haphazardly, & halfassed closed the gate.

3. Remixer

Remixer Middle Eastern Doofus

Similar to the story of 'the British and sausages', you couldn't get a German to make anything but completely shithouse sushi if their life depended on it.

But charge a fucking premium price for their disgusting masterwork, they will.

4. Freetofly

Freetofly Diving deep into the abyss

renewing my spouse visa for the UK. There goes all our extra savings for the last two years!!

5. Remixer

Remixer Middle Eastern Doofus

Some people are fucking masters of projection. Holy shit.

6. Japchae

Japchae Very Tilted

Driving back from the pet store to get food and litter, I noticed I couldn't read clearly, that there were some weird blindish spots in my vision. Got upstairs into the apartment and with the white walls, I could see that it wasn't as if I had looked at the sun or a bright light too long, these were lines of colored flashes, at times straight, other times a backwards C. Home alone for the next week, I was a bit weirded out. Had done a 30m workout and then 30m of yoga outside, walked to get some poké, and then back home again... Total of 4 hours outside in the sun, no sunglasses, no hat. Dumbass gave myself an ocular migraine. I'd had a headache most of the day and I'm used to ignoring those. Feel like a total dumbass for freaking out.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

7. omega

omega Very Tilted

So I reported a couple weeks ago in the top gear thread that my integra was stolen. My girlfriend's daughter has a shitbox 1995 automatic integra that she purchased a few months ago from a friend. Last night that was stolen out of our driveway. I'm getting real tired of this shit.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  8. DAKA

What in Hell, would anyone do with that? Unless the body parts were perfect and needed for another car...what would it be worth?

9. Lindy

Lindy Moderator Staff Member

The tuner crowd (sometimes known as "ricers") love old Integras. They're enough of a collectible that maybe the body parts have considerable value.

I saw on Lincoln Craigslist last year an older Civic that had a transplanted Integra front clip.

• Informative Informative x 1
  10. Chris Noyb

As I understand it the Intregra engines are "hot" with the racing crowd.

I worked with a woman who had her plain & ordinary 12 year old Oldsmobile stolen. It was recovered, with only the back seat missing. My guess is a thief/chop shop had a 'special order' for it.

11. omega

omega Very Tilted

So I worked out a settlement for my car. I actually believe I came out much better than I would have if I had just sold the car outright. That being said, I am down to one 17 year old car with 215,000 miles on it. When I had two old cars I could at least count on one if the other failed. Now I have no backup. And I'm not really in a position to buy a new car as much as I'd like to.
    So here is to Blanca. She was a good ride. From new to 19 years and 175,000 miles. Gave me very few problems, and nothing major. Fastest I had her going was 110. Did a few autocrosses, handled like a dream. 30 mpg, and an 8100 rpm redline meant she could purr and scream. A redline a day kept the carbon away. Even now she could hit 7500 rpm all day long. Snow tires and I would head up i70 to Vail or Breckenridge no matter the weather. Her heart had a lot of life left in her. Yeah she drank a quart of oil every 1200 miles, but she did that from the beginning and never asked for more. 19 years together, and this is not how I wanted you to go. You deserve better than being at the hands of some shitty thief. I'll miss you Blanca.

• Like Like x 4
  12. Lindy

Lindy Moderator Staff Member

I'm sorry for your loss.:( I remember how sad I was when my AMC Eagle's front suspension mount areas got so rusty that it was unsafe.:(

13. Chris Noyb

A friend was hit while driving our 2000 Nissan Frontier. The insurance declared it totaled because the repairs would've exceeded its value.

The amount they paid was easily twice what I could've sold it for.

14. cynthetiq

cynthetiq Administrator Staff Member Donor

I am going to the wrong restaurants

• Like Like x 1
  15. DAKA

You, and ME too....(also?)
    Any of the NYC restaurants that you go to now were probably not there in my time ... 30 years ago....

16. DAKA

I overheard a conversation, 2 guys talking....(they were bit loud) and one guy call this woman a TRUCULENT SLUT, that's a new one....

• Funny Funny x 1
  17. omega

omega Very Tilted

Update to the saga of Blanca. My gf has been Facebook messaging several of the people who have also had integras stolen in the area. The brother of the guy who's integra was boosted at a local theater Saturday night Facebook messaged my gf this morning. He is an uber driver and recognized my car from the posts. So I picked up my gf and we headed over. Blanca was parked partway up on the sidewalk and the hood was slightly lifted. That's because the engine and transmission were removed. Along with one of the door cards, my stereo system, the ECU, the battery, and the entire backseat with the amplifiers still bolted to it. So of course the car is totaled. Even the antisway bar was removed. Called the police and then called the insurance company to collect her corpse. The sad thing was that a code enforcement officer had slapped a tow sticker on my car yesterday. So the code enforcement person did that to a car parked partway on the sidewalk with no plates and a trashed interior. Did she even run the fucking vin while calling it in? It would have flagged as a stolen car. Idiot. Anyway, here are a couple gruesome pics for you voyeurs.
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  18. DAKA

These MFERS should rot in hell
    Car thieves should have their hands chopped off....fuck em

• Like Like x 2
  19. omega

omega Very Tilted

I wouldn't mind curb stomping their ankles backwards so they could not operate a clutch or gas pedal again. The other victims feel they know who is involved because the thieves had the audacity to talk to one of the young victims in the guise of admiring his car a couple days prior. They then saw one of the thieves driving another stolen car and almost hit one person when they were reclaiming their car. So they recognized him and got a cell phone pic. But the cops are not moving very fast.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Freetofly

Freetofly Diving deep into the abyss

This is an event where I just want justice! Hope you get everything sorted. Makes me want to go hunting... :/

• Like Like x 1