1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

Politics The Elephant in the room...The GOP today

Discussion in 'Tilted Philosophy, Politics, and Economics' started by rogue49, Aug 28, 2012.

1. rogue49

rogue49 Tech Kung Fu Artist Staff Member

Correct, the RNC has become the TNC.
    Which frankly, I don't mind because it undermines a party that's lost the point of being a party in the US.

It's not about your way or the highway.
    It's not about scoring points and defeating the opposition.

It's representing ALL citizen for the betterment of the public...nation, state, county, cities, etc.

So, now all races lose $$$ and focus, to support him, and are more likely to lose.
    He's a black hole.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Chris Noyb

Chris Noyb Get in, buckle up, hang on, & be quiet.

It'll be interesting to see what happens with contributions to the GOP over the next nearly nine months. We know the business community, speaking generally, has a vested interest in continuing to contribute, but what's going to happen with the smaller contributors? A financial revolt involving enough 'little people' could be devastating.

One of the links in one of the threads is from a watchdog group that just monitors campaign finance. I think I'll sign up for their weekly newsletter.

3. rogue49

Nope, all the little people are still sacrificing for him.
    They just had to go after a GoFundMe created by supporters to pay for his NY fine...raised 60K+ in 21 hours.
    Shows their willingness to prop him up.
    Insane carrying insane.
    MAGA Fans Slammed For Launching GoFundMe To Help Billionaire Donald Trump Pay $355M Fine

• Informative Informative x 1
  4. Chris Noyb

I know a few people who have little who will give money to NPD Trump, namely one of my sisters and BIL.

5. rogue49

Opinion | Why Republicans Are Making a Big Mistake on Biden’s Age

It's not age, it's attitude.
    People want what THEY want...the values need to sync.
    (As this GOP pundit states in the article.)

The GOP forgets that their guy isn't much younger than the other. (and frankly, Joe is more vigorous...just speaks softer than Chump, then again most people do :rolleyes:)
    The age thing really is mostly a media narrative to hype headlines.

Question is, is the job getting done? And are they helping out the everyday person?

I think the GOP is losing touch with the majority of the population.
    That's the real factor.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Chris Noyb

One huge thing missing from/downplayed in that article, which isn't surprising since it's written by a GOP strategist:

NPD Trump's gaffes. He frequently stumbles, sometimes badly, during scripted speeches. It's no secret his people try to keep him away from situations where he might speak freely/off script.

If I were a GOP strategist I wouldn't want to give the Democrat strategists any ideas.

7. rogue49

Yes, but there's a double standard...people expect it of Chump and write it off as a part of his personality and shtick.
    Whereas, Biden gets dinged for every little thing.

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. Chris Noyb

I think if NPD Trump fails this year, he won't be a candidate in 2028 because he won't be able to make public speeches. He could still be an influential assmouth, but only in carefully scripted and edited vids, & his social media posts would need to be edited.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. rogue49

I hope the SOB disappears.
    But I been hoping that from the beginning.
    People's taste leaves much to be desired. :rolleyes:

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. Chris Noyb

• Funny Funny x 1
  11. rogue49

Republicans just passed up the chance to win a historic landslide — Vox

Totally agree with the article.
    If they had been wise enough to choose Hayley instead of Chump, they could have easily had it.

1. Conservative female that’s been governor
    2. No under indictment in several cases
    3. Nation is not worried she’s nuts or extremist
    4. Could easily beat unpopular Biden and isn’t old
    Etc…

But the GOP can’t get out of it’s own way
    And they are angry too which they want Chump to destroy things in the Federal Government
    And they’re strangely enamored of this fake money reality TV con artist.

IMHO, it’s good
    The GOP needs to rebuild itself, set itself right (a good right)
    Or fade away or implode.
    They’ve become rotten and unstable.

Hopefully, Chump loses
    But he’s not going away until he croaks
    Even behind bars, he’d still stir up mud.

I’m crossing my fingers America doesn’t screw the pooch…with the voters choosing absurdly bad choices.

Maybe if Chump gets finally the stick from the court
    Or implodes himself, she can step back in.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  12. rogue49

13. Chris Noyb

Many individuals could (hopefully do) stop donating to the GOP. I'm curious to know how this would the RNC coffers. Also how would fewer donations from businesses affect the RNC?

Yes, I know that political financing is very intentionally complicated (& most politician$ live in gla$$ hou$e$).

The Nazi reference made me think of the supporters who would openly harass individuals for donations, frequently when those people were stuck on public transportation.

14. rogue49

15. rogue49

GOP base has shriveled compared to last presidential election

I wonder if this going to accelerate??
    IMHO, they need to fade because they've gone too crass and lost their way. It's all about the rage now.

But in other terms, the original conservative values are fading from much of the population.
    If anything, the newer generations are about individual liberty, like libertarians...but more sound less radical ideals.
    Abortion issue is really going to kill them...as well as other suppressive notions.

Plus, their standouts are standing out for the wrong things, bat-shit crazy and chaos are not impressive to most.
    I think this election may be a turning point.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  16. Chris Noyb

https://apnews.com/article/trump-campaign-fundraising-rnc-c0e8f1e7b59f70c5237e13a3462e5790

So your average donor to the GOP needs to pay attention to exactly what they're donating to.

Best outcome: NPD Trump leaves the RNC with little money to support other GOP candidates. The Dems win big this year meaning the GOP loses big, and Biden defeats NPD Trump.

A potential outcome that we have to consider (remember 2016?): NPD Trump wins, but the Dems win big in Congress and across many states. The problem is over four years he could do considerable damage even as a lame duck.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Chris Noyb

A breakdown of how donations to the GOP would supposedly be divided.

https://www.salon.com/2024/03/22/ca...pay-mounting-legal-bills-after-angry-denials/

I don't believe those two small percentages to NPD Trump for a second.
    He's too greedy, he'll figure out ways to siphon money to himself via his businesses (he has a long track record of this).
    His campaign will need more & more money (more sphoning).
    His legal bills will continue on...and on...and on. I wouldn't be even mildly surprised if Agent Orange 45 has some kind of kickback scheme going with his various attorneys. Scenario: Kicking back say 30% of what he actually pays you is better than not getting paid/getting paid barely anything.

Last edited: Mar 23, 2024
    • Informative Informative x 2
  18. rogue49

Republicans quietly admit to dropping Biden impeachment vote

The farce has failed. :rolleyes:
    It hasn't seemed impact Biden at all.

And if anything, this will stop any headlines...and the waste of taxpayer dollars. (how much so far? millions?)

And speaking of waste...these glamshows, waste time and attention from the REAL work and need.

The GOP in Congress does the same as Orange Crush, smoke and mirrors :confused:

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  19. Chris Noyb

The circle jerk has an...anticlimactic ending.

I have no idea how a House committee officially decides to not to bring something for a vote. I do hope the Dems make it A Major News Story the same way the Repubs publicized starting the investigation.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. rogue49

It Was Supposed to Be a Shocking Impeachment. Folks, It Fizzled.

What a waste of time and money. :rolleyes:
    That's what the GOP has come to, distractions.

Question is, are the voters going to actually punish them for it?

Right now, many are angry at the inflation. And the poor rate of pay in comparison to the cost of living. And all the $$$ put out for simple health and homes.
    Will they lash out at the Dems or GOP?
    "Throw the bums out" mindset and go after any incumbent.

I can only hope they don't do damage in their rage and put in more crazies.
    Because it's the extremist that are wasting time.

They need to get to WORK.
    Solve some problems.

• Like Like x 1