1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

Politics The Elephant in the room...The GOP today

Discussion in 'Tilted Philosophy, Politics, and Economics' started by rogue49, Aug 28, 2012.

1. ASU2003

ASU2003 Very Tilted

I just wonder what the thinking is over at the RNC right now. Do they continue to support Trump to get their agenda passed and "win". Or do they want a better candidate to run in 2020 against a Democrat who isn't Hillary. Maybe the moderate and religious Republicans will never vote against a republican in the general election regardless of who. I think the RNC is more worried about the conservative media addicted voters who support Trump 100% though. It is why Trump and the other candidates signed a pledge during the primary not to run as an independent. The Tea Party might rebel against the RNC if Trump is impeached and made to step down at this point.

2. rogue49

rogue49 Tech Kung Fu Artist Staff Member

• Like Like x 1
  3. ASU2003

ASU2003 Very Tilted

It is all weird. I just can't tell if he is trying to distract the media from the other things the Republicans are trying to do, to distract from the Russian connections, put it out there in right wing media land to get repeated enough times that in 3.8 years there will be plenty of people who will think Obama and the DNC tapped Trump Tower, maybe he got some classified information and he can't keep quiet about it (it can be a problem with new people getting access), or if it is tied to the Snowden leak and if Obama was behind all the metadata being tracked... Or if this is the plan to keep the public guessing and watching what happens next?

• Like Like x 1
  4. rogue49

Unfortunately it has all become a "Reality Show"

The players know they're watched, producers manipulate the scenes
    ...and the end result is meaningless to them, other than ratings/popularity

So much for running a country...

5. rogue49

And now the RNC and a Russia connection??
    How far does this go??
    RNC tried to hide payments for intel gathering on Hillary Clinton: report

Forget about the standard intel gather about an opponent, this happens all the time at this level of play
    ...look at the bottom of the article about the firm's owner

Sure, could be coincidence...but how many of these need to occur before there's a pattern...
    This is getting surreal

6. redux

redux Very Tilted

GOP cave on Obamacare repeal is the biggest broken promise in political history

Of course, Trump blamed the Democrats! :eek:

7. ASU2003

ASU2003 Very Tilted

Even I could have come up with a better "conservative" health care plan than they had. Yes, they were trying to get something through with only 50 senate votes, so they would have had a hard time replacing it with something new. But, "personal responsibility", lower premiums based on how much you have in an HSA account, insurance that only covers the big stuff, working with multiple states to unify and reduce regulations to allow insurance companies to offer the same plan to multiple states, get rid of the in-network and out-of network stuff, more automation in billing, reform the education program to become a doctor, charity care for poor people, access to experimental treatments to improve medical research, lower cost treatment options, plans for people living in remote off-grid locations, church based risk pools, religious exemptions to paying for certain treatments, extended family based risk pools, lower premiums for a lot of different healthy goals (just like safe driving discounts for car insurance).

Last edited: Mar 25, 2017
  8. rogue49

While I'm not the biggest fan of the Dems...they aren't dicks or insane
    The only thing I can hope for currently, is the GOP & Trump fucks up so completely (WITHOUT KILLING US AND THE WORLD)
    That there is backlash against their shit, they get voted out of office
    The Dems see how badly people are pissed off, do it right...clean up the mess
    And the remaining GOP cleans up themselves, starts being sane and actually governing and representing people

I can dream, can't I??

Last edited: Apr 11, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  9. ASU2003

ASU2003 Very Tilted

I'm not too confident that the Dems know what they are doing either though. If there was a rematch election and everyone who cast a ballot in November was able to vote again, I don't think the outcome would change yet. What policy shifts have the Dems unified behind since November? Have they done a real analysis of what went wrong in the past 7 years to know what needs to change?

Maybe people would not vote for Trump in the numbers he got in some states, but there were tens of millions of NeverHillary voters out there and would have voted for anyone but her.

10. Shadowex3

Shadowex3 Very Tilted

The Democrats lost an absolutely unlosable election in the middle of one of the greatest Republican losing streaks in history because they fucked up that badly. The largest and most visible left wing backlashes against Trump have been uniformed mask-wearing violent mobs and major protests led by the likes of Rasmea Odeh, Linda Sarsour, and Donna Hylton.

The DNC and almost the entirety of the left is not just in utter denial over how and why they lost, they've gone insane and into a full meltdown of calling everyone, even minorities and jews, Nazis and White Supremacists and publicly siding with the "bash the fash" mobs. When literal mass-murdering terrorists, criminals who kidnapped, raped, mutilated, and murdered gay men, and pro-terrorism Islamic Fundamentalists are lionized as the heroes of "women" and "equality" in the fight against "neonazism" and "white supremacy" we're officially in the twilight zone.

This is the terminal stage of the ideological disease that consumed the left over the last decade. What remains to be seen is whether it will just continue on with people being beaten and terrorized for daring to even speak disagreement publicly, or if the historical pattern of escalation will continue and we'll see the first killings start soon. After that it's probably a short downhill slide to an incredibly lopsided civil war.... after all the half of America that's being completely thrown in the garbage as nothing but woman-hating rapists and neonazis is the half that has almost all the guns.

11. ASU2003

ASU2003 Very Tilted

When the Tea Party/Alt-Right has taken over and have been fed a bunch of spin and lies from their Breitbart/InfoWars/conservative forums about how evil Democrats are for years that is the true disease that has consumed far too many middle aged people in this country. People who supposedly love America, but hate most of the Americans who don't live the same type of lifestyle they do. And they don't grasp the concept that not all people on the Left think that we should be accommodating to the non-liberal Muslim philosophy either.

The problem is that the conservatives have been successful at their Southern Strategy agenda, the attacking of unions, getting blue collar workers to vote against their economic interests by degrading poor and minority people as inferior, organizing a media-think tank empire to put out talking points and spin the news in their favor, obstructing anything that a Democrat supports, uses corporate money to organize large campaigns, and spreading misinformation and doubt on-line so it is hard to know what is true and what is really happening.

The South lost the civil war for a reason last time, and the conservatives would lose again. Well, both sides would lose quite a bit, but the gun nuts vastly over-estimate their capability. And it is the right wing who has been doing the political killing of left wing activists over the past few decades.

And using the tactics of smearing individual people who "lead" these protests is a typical ploy by the right to change the discussion and make their side feel outrage and superiority. Not the fact there are more people who are protesting than who support the right wing's fantasy agenda.

12. rogue49

My sadness is...how much of a waste of time this all is...before it gets fixed.
    How much cost?
    How much damage?

Why do we have to flounder?
    Why can't the Dems get their shit together?
    Why do the GOP have to be such dicks?

Incompetence goes beyond the Trump administration.
    The Dems are talented at it...but the GOP is exceptional at their own incompetence.

The Coming Incompetence Crisis

And by a conservative writer no less (although a RINO by many with more Right standards)
    Although this is about Trump (who is becoming a legendary artist of it) ...I think the "wealth" of incompetence can be distributed broadly.

"Incompetence is infinite" :rolleyes:

This is why we can't have nice things.

Strangely, the US doesn't have a monopoly...the shit is international.

13. rogue49

See I told ya...
    Trump rather shutdown the government than not get his way :rolleyes:
    Veto on the budget stop-gap in 3,2,...
    GOP senators reject Trump's call to end the filibuster

Still taking bets...
    At leastt the GOP is seemingly resistant to the idea...although, I'll believe it when I see it.

14. rogue49

15. rogue49

And here's your answer...finally
    Great debate amongst Republicans.

Now if they can only get the fuckin' CONGRESS to do it. :mad:

16. ASU2003

ASU2003 Very Tilted

The GOP still got an attractive 20-30 something, thin, white, blonde woman on CNN as a Republican Consultant. Although she doesn't know what side she is on it sounds like.

Blonde Republican Sex Kitten - TV Tropes

The argument that we are allies with Russia in the fight against ISIS is the most sane explanation that I've heard for what happened however.

17. rogue49

18. Chris Noyb

Chris Noyb Get in, buckle up, hang on, & be quiet.

Your second link takes me to VigLink Shopping (that's been a problem here previously), which I've C&P JIC someone doesn't get directed there automatically and is curious.

VigLink Shopping

EDIT--I just noticed there is a place to click to continue to the NY Times article. I don't recall seeing that option previously when the VigLink page came up.

• Like Like x 1
  19. rogue49

Just another way to make money from out clicking and linking
    Even the NYT is getting into it.

Sooner or later our lives are going to look like the side of a nascar race car

----

Followup on the same topic of aides running for their lives...
    Dear White House aides: Save yourselves. Save us.

You think they had a hard time filling positions before??
    There'll be a leak that they can't bail faster on...rats escaping the sinking ship

Last edited: May 18, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  20. rogue49