1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

Politics The Elephant in the room...The GOP today

Discussion in 'Tilted Philosophy, Politics, and Economics' started by rogue49, Aug 28, 2012.

1. Chris Noyb

Chris Noyb Get in, buckle up, hang on, & be quiet.

Some of the politicians act like they waited way too long to stop using drugs.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. boink

boink Slightly Tilted

I have seen some studying of these substances on mental health and it seems to have some merit.
    A few days camping in a rain forest with substances and a trip guide could work wonders.
    I think it's clear he's mentally ill, and the narcissist illness seems to turn those near the subject creates another illness from the constant cognitive dissonance, turns everyone into simpering knee walking cucks.
    75 % of right wing America are now simpering knee walkers.
    That's not great for national security. Not to mention the leader being a knee walker for Putin.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. rogue49

rogue49 Tech Kung Fu Artist Staff Member

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. rogue49

"Legitimate Political Discourse"??? WTF?

They are truly going nutso.

I've got a question for the GOP...what happens when the Dems start truly punching back?
    And so far, the courts have supported them vs GOP inanities.

Why? Because it's the rule of LAW!
    Not just what ya want.

You're giving the Dems more ammunition.
    AND right now, the Dems are winning the gerrymandering game. (not that I like it....but when you use a gun, they use a gun)
    And, and, and

You're going to be posturing yourselves out of a party. (not that I like parties either...I wish everyone was independent)

Better find your sanity and integrity quick
    Because it's not going to be pretty.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  5. Chris Noyb

Attempting to legitimize the Jan 06 2021 attack is
    THE MOST DISGUSTING, AND STUPIEST, POLITICAL MOVE I HAVE EVER SEEN. Although an equally strong argument could be made that dishonor belongs to NPD Trump.

At least Pence FINALLY spoke out against NPD Trump. Now if he, and others, would provide solid proof that NPD Trump tried to overturn the 2020 election which he knew he legitimately lost, and knew about/helped orchestrate the Jan 06 insurrection.

Last edited: Feb 5, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  6. ASU2003

ASU2003 Very Tilted

I'm not sure about that. Maybe in a few states that are already heavily Democrat, but overall, I think the Democrats will need to win a bunch more seats just to control the house.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. rogue49

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/redistricting-2022-maps/?cid=rrpromo

That's just one source that's stating it, there's a few others repeating the same, if not more.
    There's still more to go...but the courts are getting active in it, rejecting some if not taking over. Mostly in GOP controlled states, but some Dem ones.
    It's not over yet...it's going to be a test of brinkmanship.
    But what I understand, the Dems are doing a state by state strategy that seems to be making headway.

Funny thing is, the map looks like the GOP has got an advantage.
    But that's just in area...not in population, where it counts.
    It's all a numbers game.

We're really not going to see the real affect until Summer.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  8. rogue49

9. rogue49

Analysis: What House Republicans got really wrong about the January 6 committee — CNN Politics

There’s a lot that the GOP is getting wrong.
    Not that the Dems are perfect

But this like the difference between getting a C on the exam.
    And actually cheating…and getting caught.

Deny all you might.
    Karma is coming
    Y’all kicking and screaming the whole way.

The real question is this.
    WILL the voters care and impact them???

Maybe the FBI will jail a few.
    But that’s not the real significance.

If voters ignore, don’t remember or vote for the bad seeds anyway…then it’s all moot.
    And we continue with chaos and distrust.

The Committee needs to hit it out of the ballpark
    No bunting…no first base runs.
    Grand slam.
    Needs to be in the papers headlines for months.

That’s the only thing that gets the public attention these days.

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. boink

boink Slightly Tilted

I agree, however Alex Jones has some of my attention but I don't believe info wars, or buy into his main money flow, the supplements con.

• Like Like x 1
  11. rogue49

With the committee revelations
    Now we get to see live which Republicans are cowards?

Will double down?
    Will stand ground

And which will throw everyone under the bus?

It’s not the reveals that will do much
    But secrets exposed triggers yellow streaks in politicians.

Where’s my popcorn???

• Like Like x 1
  12. boink

boink Slightly Tilted

It's a double down for sure.
    Claiming, we're gonna investigate the probe.

I haven't watched Fox but I've seen comments that fox has aired some of it without sound, but instead Tucker or Sean clamming it's all bullshit without actually airing the actual voices of questions and answers...

That capitol cop gal ? Chrisis actor.
    So, Fox is going full scale info wars on it, denying their audience the actual audio and taking propaganda over the visual.

Now, how this isn't an actionable crime on the part of Rupert Murdoch and every other fox admin down the the talking head anchor people...boy I don't know.

How the general public can suck news information from only one funnel of sewage, again, I don't get it.

It's not a fuzzy out of focus thing, people either said, texted or tweeted what they said, texted or tweeted. It's not open to interpretation, it is what it is.
    It's not 5 blind people and an elephant.
    It's as close as we've gotten in America to Judgment at Nuremberg.
    It's not 6+ million Jews but it is about a million dead Americans...a million lies, millions in graft, cons, international collusion, profiteering, blackmail, quid pro quo, everything. The dissolution of known reality.

And enough people really believe the lies that it's a real problem and threat to Democracy in the U.S.
    Aside from those who fervently believe, there's also a LOT of people who just don't care or bother to watch, read or really, capable of sorting out all the stories being thrown at them if they did try and read a little.
    Mariners or Seahawks are more top of mind.
    Dance with stars, worst housewives, dodge hellcats, McRibs, Arby's chicken salads iphones whatever your binge watching...all more top of mind than the shit show that is the gop's assault on known reality.

George Washington said within the constitution there are tools evil men can use to subvert the Democratic process and it's happening now.

Where is Stanley Kramer ?? Dead ! RIP.

• Like Like x 2
  13. rogue49

More than 100 GOP primary winners back Trump’s false fraud claims

Corrupt isn't even enough of a word anymore to describe much of the GOP.
    Insane doesn't do the trick.

I don't know what to call all these GOP'rs that are in a world of their own...but ARE affecting us and the US aggressive.
    It's almost like they're Political extreme Evangelists or Ideologs...dogmatic but not religious, not a cult as some say, certainly VERY tribal...but different.
    We need one of those sophisticate German, French or Japanese words that combine it all together to describe a state of mind. :confused:
    And it's happening to many.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. boink

boink Slightly Tilted

I don't know either but I wish they were all in contiguous geographic states so they could just ceciede from the union cleanly as possible and live in their stupid Never Neverland.

Gerald Ford pardoned Nixon to avert a shit show, but pardoning this level of crime is so so much bigger.
    As talking heads are saying 1/3 of the public is on board-ish with the big lies and grift. So a nuclear shit show will blow up into the public spaces.
    Didn't Cheney say we need to deal with it or we're looking at Jan 6 style revolts as standard procedure going forward ?
    Like the Superbowl, this kind of thing would only get bigger.
    Aside from Bannon and Alex Jones how many little internet corners will they hide and pump up each other's crazed ideology ?
    So many people want to play war on US soil. So much war fantasy....
    Primary winners are very bad, but they haven't won their election yet so there's some hope.
    Advocates of insurgency must be denied a spot on the final election ballots.

With gangs of insane people rolling in hidden in U-Haul trucks...it's hard to say what could be happining going forward.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. rogue49

Opinion | There Are No Winners on Team Chicken

Power for power's own safe.
    It's all about "their" side.
    Any means to an end.

Sure, feel uncomfortable about the extreme...but do NOT support the madman beforehand or not try to stop them.
    This is the same which the gun maniac issue...sure note like the extreme action...but don't do anything beforehand to stop it...EVEN promote them.
    Just like they allied themselves and promoted the looney. (trump, that is)

Here's the principle.
    Action - Reaction.
    You don't want flooding, prep for it.
    You don't want poisoning, keep the water and food safe.
    You don't want BAD politicians...do NOT support them.

They're adults...grown ups...they should know how to judge a person's character by now.
    Problem is...many adults don't adult.
    KISS - do the right thing.

** and I'm not even talking "liberal" here...just the fuckin' obvious. Like "duh" concepts. I'm a GDI and even I know when to say "whoa"..."nope".

• Like Like x 1
  16. rogue49

So basically we've seen that almost every argument the GOP makes complaining about the Dems ideas are bullshit.
    Because when the shoe is on the other foot...they do whatever they want themselves.
    So it all about posturing and rationalization...NOT values.

Activist judges - BS, they do it themselves and then some.
    Textualism - ignored when convenient.
    McConnell's hype on judge confirmations near elections - reversed for their own
    States rights - nope
    Not interfering with freedoms - not with the abortion decision
    Fighting the "commies" and for America - Not when THEIR leaders are complicit with Russia, China, etc.
    etc and so on...

There is NO principle they're not willing to flip.

The have slid down the slippery slope and are swimming in the oil slick of lost souls.
    It's only tribalism now.

Us vs them mindset.
    And it's whatever BS their leaders are able to spin.

About 30% of the nation.
    Raging at anything and everything...kicking & screaming to get what THEY want.

AND what they want for all others, isn't necessarily the same for them when the time comes.

The word "hypocrisy" doesn't even come close.

My question is...when are the other 70% of the nation going to actually start fighting it???
    The is like Jr. High, when a few bullies terrorize the rest.
    Punch back.

Do NOT believe them, it's ALL bullshit.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. ASU2003

ASU2003 Very Tilted

The problem is that 30% is located in many states that have been gerrymandered in such a way that they easily win the majority of seats, plus they always run candidates for every position everywhere in these states which makes them look to be better organized, not afraid of failing, and willing to put in the time in boring entry level government jobs like clerk of courts, city council, and auditor.

• Like Like x 2
  18. rogue49

Also, the Senate and Electoral system is lopsided.

With a dominant hand by states with less people and with more radicalized conservatives that are more interested in having their way no matter the cost.
    No compromise.

Many Red states have tons of pull despite having significantly less people.

I don’t think the Founders expected a minority rule when they setup the Compromise.

Meanwhile…
    The GOP has to admit they’re addicted to “Heroin”

Opinion | Republicans have a choice: They can dump the kooks. — The Washington Post

They need to let go of the crazy…but they won’t.
    And like any addict they’re damaging themselves and everything else and everyone else.

Even if a few are having sane moments
    That smack is dragging them down
    And US with them.

America needs to do an intervention.
    But there’s too much hand-wringing going on
    Not anyone that’s willing to give them a good hit across the face.

So what do ya do when someone you know is going crazy???
    Can’t just get out of the way…they’re living in the same place you are.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Chris Noyb

Gullible, or conniving, or spineless.

Nice going, Republicans.

20. rogue49

• Agree Agree x 1