1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

Politics The Elephant in the room...The GOP today

Discussion in 'Tilted Philosophy, Politics, and Economics' started by rogue49, Aug 28, 2012.

1. rogue49

rogue49 Tech Kung Fu Artist Staff Member

Not only that…but it seems a gift to Biden & the Dems (greatest hits album coming soon ;) )

Lindsey Graham saves Biden’s big day — POLITICO

The GOP keeps just shooting itself in the foot.
    To quote, one of their own…they’re proving themselves “the stupid party”. :rolleyes:

All Biden has to do is the same tactic that he did campaigning against T.
    STFU and step aside…
    Show the Dems it works for them too.
    Just let the idiots open their flaps.

However, what the Dems do NEED to do is ACT
    Accelerate the investigation, start prosecution.

Win-win.

And frankly, no one deserves to be dicked over more than T and the GOP. (One hit dunces :p )
    How they’ve screwed up the nation with their shenanigans and bile is beyond words.

This is why we can’t have nice things.

• Like Like x 1
  2. ASU2003

ASU2003 Very Tilted

The problem is that when the Dems act, this current administration doesn't do politics well at all. Holding an Inflation Act celebration 4 weeks later on the same day the inflation numbers come out? Not getting blue lights or having the MAGA are fascists speech in the daytime (And picking the place where the 1776 anti-government rebels formed their own government...)? Not going around the country and holding rallies in the big cities? The VP did a TV interview on Meet The Press, but I think the last President did more press conferences and one-on-one interviews.

But the current GOP is a mess too and aren't doing much campaigning either. They are worried about the special election results over the past few months. And the Jan 6th hearings should be starting back up and going through October now.

• Like Like x 1
  3. rogue49

rogue49 Tech Kung Fu Artist Staff Member

Opinion | Republicans Wear Cruelty as a Badge of Honor - Panther Press

Yes, they are.
    The R stands for something else now...the Republicans have become radicals. :confused:

These days, even as an Independent...For now, I'm choosing to vote Dem down the line.
    There's no sane or effective alternative.

The GOP has become hostile, irrational, and unintelligent
    anti-fairness, anti-compromise, anti-egalitarian, anti-international and anti-American.

They have given up any premise of a sophisticated, civilized society.
    Acting like barbarians at the gate. :mad:

Do ya want someone as bad as that? Or someone that supports them? Or another that placates them? Or adds to their power & influence?
    I know I don't.

Nope, they lost me.
    I'll give the opposition my support.

Yes, they aren't perfect. They're corrupt...etc and so on... We get it.
    But they're the best bet for fighting the GOP and they actually care about US. America and the citizens...in general.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Chris Noyb

Chris Noyb Get in, buckle up, hang on, & don't criticize.

I would step away from the Democratic party if it behave the same as the GOP.

I'm disgusted by them openly embracing, or at least tolerating via silent consent: NPD Trump's actions, the Big Lie, the violence, the call to violence, partisanship at any cost, etc.

I won't pretend the Dems are angels.

The question I ask myself, and sometimes others, is how would have the Dems reacted if the party control was reversed?

I'm firmly convinced a Dem POTUS would've been impeached by the Repubs over the Ukraine extortion. The Repubs need to recognize -- and correct -- their hypocrisy.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1