1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

Politics The Elephant in the room...The GOP today

Discussion in 'Tilted Philosophy, Politics, and Economics' started by rogue49, Aug 28, 2012.

1. Chris Noyb

Chris Noyb Get in, buckle up, hang on, & be quiet.

2. Chris Noyb

We knew it was coming, we just didn't know when.

House GOP plots new January 6 probes despite internal backlash over McCarthy giving Carlson footage | CNN Politics

Sanitize. Focus on unimportant details (introducing them as needed). Flagrantly ignore, and downplay, facts that don't fit your narrative.

I'm guessing our forefathers didn't anticipate ridiculous party partisanship when they trusted the three branches of government to self-police.

The Dems aren't saints. But what the Repubs have done for the past six years is criminal, & they're getting away with it.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. Chris Noyb

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. rogue49

rogue49 Tech Kung Fu Artist Staff Member

Maybe if we got the momentum...
    We can convince them to make the voting day all weekend, make it a Federal holiday too.
    The tuesday bit is too old-school.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. Chris Noyb

What?!

Have you lost your mind?

We can't have all eligible voters in lower 97% voting!!
    :confused: :eek: :mad:

#sarcastichumorpointingouttheobvious

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  6. Chris Noyb

Sold: Yacht With a Waterfall. Price: $19 Million. Broker: George Santos.

Unless Santos clearly did something illegal, I'd say helping wealthy donors is politics as usual. But WTF does he know about yacht sales, & why would his "help" be needed?

https://www.google.com/search?q=geo...vc&sourceid=chrome-mobile&ie=UTF-8&asid=can/2

I think Santos running for reelection is ridiculous, but doing the ridiculous is his MO. Keeping the window open to continue receiving campaign donations (and spending them creatively) is most likely the real reason.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. rogue49

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. Chris Noyb

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. Chris Noyb

The Republican candidates are lining up; why?

Trump, other 2024 hopefuls seek NRA's blessing amid spate of shootings

The NRA is paying for political fellatio.

What's interesting is the problems the NRA has been having for several years has drastically affected its fanancials.

Will NPD Trump & Birth Canal Pence reconcile? Certainly in Pence's fantasies.

10. rogue49

Exclusive-Peter Thiel, Republican megadonor, won’t fund candidates in 2024 - sources

And I agree with this GOP megadonor, the Republicans have gone very off track.
    Pushing radical issues and not classic conservative platforms on finance and foreign policy.
    Well, you just lost his $$$

Unfortunately, the GOP is going full steam ahead..even if they're unpopular.
    The danger is, there's just enough actual voters that will get them in office. (we're seeing it already)
    And we're seeing the consequences already of their hot-button issues.

The Dems have to focus on getting out the vote.
    Or we'll have more crap, whether there's money or not.
    The cockroaches are finding feed no matter where they can get it, including foreign groups and nations.
    So they won't eat cake, they eat crackers and rotten fruit.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  11. rogue49

Leonard Leo used Federalist Society contact to obtain $1.6 billion donation

If you're looking for true conspiracies...active and ongoing, not just after the fact CYA coverups they typically are,
    look no further than the Kingpin-esque manipulations of uber-c00nservative, Leonard Leo.

He's pushed more radically conservative judges in, including SCOTUS...and been behind many of the quiet power pushes for very conservative agendas and more.

Seems that he's gone to far even for conservative thinktank, The Federalist Society, he co-chairs.
    Wonder if the IRS will be knocking at their doors? (but I think the IRS itself, has got conservative supporters inside, so I doubt they'll push, despite the violations.)

And I doubt the The Federalist Society will oust their co-chair...too much $$$ to lose, too much influence and they don't want to lose an incredibly productive lobbyist pushing their agenda.

Now I'm an independent...I've never liked mindset coaxing, back room manipulation or pushes for "sides" or power-mongering.
    I want people to think for themselves, vote for the position...none of these party first ploys and cliques, that even George Washington distrusted.

I hope that someone takes Leonard Leo down a few notches, but he's too good at hiding in the shadows.
    This is a power behind the throne activity that legendary Cardinal Richelieu would envy.

Last edited: May 2, 2023
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. Chris Noyb

If I were a multi-billionaire (real, actual, like Gates or Buffet, not NPD Trump, or people who could fall easily), I'd figure out ways to flame NPD Trump every way imagineable. I'd spend big money doing it, but I'd do it legally. Same thing to support other causes I believe in.

Where's the line?
    How do you know when you've unintentionally crossed it?
    How far are you willing to intentionally cross it?
    Is fighting dirty wrong when you've being fouled?
    Is legally taking advantage of loopholes wrong, esp if the other side is doing it?
    What if the Dems have their version Leo behind the curtain?

Many questions, many possible answers.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. rogue49

Supposedly, many GOP see the boogie man of George Soros behind everything.
    Now, he's donated tons of $$$ to Democratic and progressive groups...but I don't think he's directly involved or being a manipulator, like Leo.
    Soros is mostly focused on his business and financial activities.

I haven't seen their version of Leo, other than certain groups, like The Lincoln Project
    But they're anti-Trump moderate conservatives...not pushing Democrat party or liberal or progressives mindsets and agendas distinctly.

https://www.motherjones.com/kevin-d...-equivalent-of-the-federalist-society-please/

This article has the ACLU being a force, but not in pushing mindsets or agendas. That's about law, which can affect any side, including conservative benefit.

Many say, that's a big difference between conservatives and liberals.
    Conservatives are comfortable with established entities, whereas liberals tend to do more temporary grassroots groups.
    Top-down vs Bottom-up???

I don't know enough...I haven't seen it, even after some quick searches.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. Chris Noyb

• Like Like x 2
  15. rogue49

Biden family received millions from foreign nationals, tried to conceal source of funds: House Oversight

The GOP has no legs to stand on here...WHY??
    Because they gave TFG total allowance. Now any prez, their business or relatives can make any $$ from any foreign nation or govt.
    Totally ignoring the emoluments clause in the constitution, and effectively invalidating it.

Can't say it doesn't count when "our side" does it...but it's bad when "your side".

They'll try as much as they can.
    But Biden can totally ignore them.
    Especially since T got away with it. Can impeach him...but cannot throw him out.

Hey, you all have no integrity.
    So how can you expect it of others??? :rolleyes:

Scream all you want.

Besides... your own agenda has a conflict of interest...and bring into question your own "report".
    See how that works???

• Informative Informative x 1
  16. Chris Noyb

Bring out the proof. Will it be The Big Lie kind of proof?

BTW I had to look up "TFG."

17. Chris Noyb

• Like Like x 2
  18. rogue49

Trump and the Republican party exemplify these five elements of fascism — Guardian US

No shit. :rolleyes:

The GOP has gone from slippery slope to water slide.

In their rage they’re allowing a conman to potentially take over.

Everything we saw before will be scaled up exponentially.

But frankly, I don’t know what to do
    The GOP will have to self correct
    And they just don’t give a shit.

T is their battering Ram to allow them to storm the gate.

• Agree Agree x 2
  19. pig

pig Slightly Tilted Donor

I think Trump will adopt whatever will bring him attention.

DeSantis, I think, is a true educated fascist. I could see him being in a theoretical Trump cabinet. Hell, make him A.G.

Fucking horrible dystopian image

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. Chris Noyb